Big Brother 10 - 2009

Dammo Qwirky
Stallion
Tips

Postby Dammo Qwirky » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:59 pm

marcus arrogance will surely count against him. i would not be at all surprised if come the final week siavash is banned from winning for constant rule breaking. depends how gutsy bb wanna be. he shouldnt be allowed to win thats for sure.

i hope one of the genuine hms wins - charlie, sophie or rodrigo. would hate if any of the other mongs won. its astonishing sophie has done so little and is worthy of favoritism. says a lot about the others. most open bb ever really. theyll pretty much decide who wins based on edits last coupla nites.
Positions are available in the OLBG Lottery syndicate. Wanna join? Please PM me for info.

stereoman
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby stereoman » Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:49 am

Remember...last year's winner was Rachel Rice who didn't do particularly much apart from being nice and less annoying than Mikey.

The dullards usually win. The blowhards (like Jason who surprisingly finished second behind Nadia...some apportion that to a Scottish bloc vote) usually don't. Occasionally you'll have an absolute loon like Pete Bennett that the GBP will inexplicably latch onto.

I'd hardly say Charlie or Rodrigo are more worthy than Sophie. It's all "MEH!!" in regards worthiness as to who should win.

Andy4Fingers
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Andy4Fingers » Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:59 pm

I think the way Big Brother nominated Bea on behalf of Sophie and Siavash was way out of order. It adds fuel to the rumour that insiders are profiting from the programme.

Dammo Qwirky
Stallion
Tips

Postby Dammo Qwirky » Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:05 pm

didnt she nominate in same way at siavash tho? ie the first two people she spoke to or saw or mentioned their names would be nominated? thats not to say that wasnt riggable as they had various ways they couldve done it.

bb has shown absolutely no nads this series. as theyve said so many times they have broken fundamental rules of the programme. they should be told nominate or get out. if i was bb id just tell them to pack their bags and get out.

bb would be so much more fun if jigsaw was in charge rather than the namby pamby producers.
Positions are available in the OLBG Lottery syndicate. Wanna join? Please PM me for info.

HeartyWholeMeal
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby HeartyWholeMeal » Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:12 pm

Thanks Mucker :D

This is how I see it:

Lisa:- Got some credibility back, mainly by standing up to Bea on many occasion. Still, not that liked outside and out of the 'main group' in the house thus will probably be up for nomination.

David:- Again, he has got some more votes over the last week but still not as popular than the other housemates.

Marcus:- The self proclaimed 'dark horse'. He is kind of living up to his name... a bit! Trouble with marcus is (like stated above) is his arrogance. Plus he is a bit of a live wire. He is likely to go off on one with another housemate and will lose votes if its with someone with Sophie/Sivash/Rodders. Also, the more he keeps going on about wanting to leave, the more the public will hate it, just walk out if you hate it so much!

Charlie:- Keeps his head down, I think he will be in the final as he just wont be up for nomination, but not liked enough to be in the top three.

Sophie & Rodds:- At present, will make it to the final AND be the top 2. Yes, rods does like a strop but I think the way he dealt with the 'queen' incident and the way he goes on about loving the UK and his friendship with Sophie, will see him through.

Siavash:- He needs to stop breaking the rules on nominations as the public are becoming bored of it. I think he'll make it to the final but won't be as popular than Sophie and Robs.

steroman - I can see your point but theres money to be made here!

So betting....

Not huge value if you consider no-one knows what big brother will do nomination wise (i.e. vote to save, change the way the house votes etc....).

BUT, if I had to bet on to win and next eviction I'd have Sophie to win at 9/4 but the next eviction I think Lisa is good value!

I see David and Lisa up for eviction next week and despite David being fav, I really can see Lisa going.

So my bet for the week would be: Lisa @ 28/5

But be careful, it's always a gamble betting on evictions before nominations are announced!

Andy4Fingers
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Andy4Fingers » Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:29 pm

didn't she nominate in same way at siavash tho? ie the first two people she spoke to or saw or mentioned their names would be nominated?
That's what Big Brother decided Dammo and they had ages to decide that. If Bea would've been the 3rd person they'd talked to or touched they could've changed it to the first 2 people Siavash and Sophie laughed with or cooked for or anything that would've meant Bea got nominated. Surely THE fundamental rule to ensure Big Brother's impartiality is that BB cannot nominate people for eviction (which is effectively what happened).

HeartyWholeMeal
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby HeartyWholeMeal » Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:32 pm

Andy AFAIK she had 5 nominations. If you take away the two votes from Sophie/Siavash she STILL would have been up for nomination...

At the end of the day tho, its still a TV show and the producers will play around with the format. The only reason Hira was voted out was because it was a vote to save format....

Dammo Qwirky
Stallion
Tips

Postby Dammo Qwirky » Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:33 pm

they often say they can change rules at any time which is not very subtle way of saying we can rig this to suit us best.

Andy4Fingers
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Andy4Fingers » Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:39 pm

HWM what does AFAIK mean? Sorry, I'm no a very modern guy :oops:

Excluding Sophie and Siavash's votes Marcus had 3, Bea had 3 and David had 3. If Siavash and Sophie had both voted for Marcus and David then they would've been up and Bea would've been safe (I think :P ). It's not on for Big Brother to tamper with the nominations.
I know what you're saying about the producers playing around with the format, but when people have the opportunity to make money on it they should be above reproach IMO.

HeartyWholeMeal
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby HeartyWholeMeal » Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:44 pm

AFAIK = As Far As I Know :).

It's a fair point, but surely what Channel 4 need right now are high ratings and this years BB hasn't been great. Thus I think they put that rule in in the HOPE that Bea WOULDNT be up for nomination as C4 would have much preferred her in the house.

Also, they are getting very peed off with people not nominating. So, by doing what they did *should* force them into voting next week as Siavash/Sophie wouldn't like the thought of accidently voting for someone who is a close friend.

Andy4Fingers
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Andy4Fingers » Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:57 pm

Cheers HWM!

I think if you don't nominate then you should be up for eviction with whoever else the votes have decided - simple as that.

As for keeping Bea in, I see what you're saying, but what Big Brother want is ratings. Bea has been queen bitch for the past 2-3 weeks. People are at the height of their dislike for her and her eviction show is probably up their with Noirin's as far as ratings go. What if David had gone and she'd had no-one to argue with, had a quiet week, and gone out with a (comparative) whimper next friday. At least this way Big Brother have made sure they can say to advertisers, programme commissioners and the like that they've hit say 5 milion viewers on certain nights and can show how many people they CAN get watching.

HeartyWholeMeal
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby HeartyWholeMeal » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:58 pm

Just a heads up, apparently Siavash and Marcus are up this week.

You can still get prices on Betfair...

Siavash - 31/5
Marcus - 33/10

A little bet on each and you should be a winner, I'll post up who I think will go later...!