X-Factor Final 12

John Davies
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby John Davies » Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:39 pm

Diana Vickers was seen out an about at a bonfire celebration this week angering fans....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... Night.html

i honestky wrken cuz of that, that people may not pick up the phone for her, i also read this on msn.co.uk

22/1 to be evicted looks a good price, when considering Daniel seems to have immunity from eviction.
:<a href=/school/lesson15.php>NAP</a>: Twitter - @JohnDavies350 :<a href=/school/lesson15.php>NAP</a>:
:hope: Specials Winner Nov '10 :hope:
:cool: OLBG 200th Poker Tournament Champion :cool:
:thanks: Challenge Paddy Winner - Dec '09 :thanks:
:lol: OLBG - Betfair Exchange Book Winner :lol:

Chapman25
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby Chapman25 » Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:23 am

I think its harsh on Diana, 3 days is a long time for an throat infection to get a hell of alot worse, they even said she wanted to atleast try and sing but it was against doctors orders, the press are a joke as always.

watchful_eye
Listed Class
Tips

Postby watchful_eye » Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:58 pm

Rachel has got to go this week, if she is up against any of the current crop I just can't see the judges saving her.

If it's her vs Ruth, then Ruth will just blow her out the water, the only chance is if the public save her, but she just doesn't have the public support to save her.

Her youtube hits are almost non-existent now, compared to the ever increasing support for Ruth and JLS, her main rivals for elimination.

ric161220
Group 3 Class
Tips

Postby ric161220 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:35 am

JLS are 7-1 now and I was going to back Diana Vickers because she has the most original sound, but she is now 6-4 favourite and the way these things go that's probably a waste of money so I think I'll leave it.

Zipster
Stallion
Tips

Postby Zipster » Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:45 pm

Well its now done to a personality contest, i thought Diana wasn't very good tonight and though she should of gone even though i would love to see her win it. Ruth was never going to win because the british public would not vote a foriegn person whether they are good enough to win.

I think JLS will go next and then i haven't a clue about the final three, there is no way in hell im going to try and predict that!!!!

Oh and nice miming from Britney tonight lol but damn she is still hot!

ric161220
Group 3 Class
Tips

Postby ric161220 » Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:50 pm

Lol, I was just laughing to myself at Britney miming. She looked fine but it's all about singing and she can't sing any more.

Diana to win because she's the most original and JLS to go next.

Dammo Qwirky
Stallion
Tips

Postby Dammo Qwirky » Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:29 pm

I didn't see her mime 2nite but I have seen her lips move on google!
Positions are available in the OLBG Lottery syndicate. Wanna join? Please PM me for info.

deco121
Legend
Tips

Postby deco121 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:21 pm

This could quite possibly be the worst bet I have ever placed but it will at least prove whether this programme is a talent contest or a popularity contest. To be honest I only started watching this first for the judges - not for the constant pointless, annoying, embarrassing bickering between Cowell and Walsh but the two stunning looking women on the panel - but I have to say that some of the singers (that's right Louis Walsh, singers not dancers or performers) were pretty good. There is no doubt in my mind though - and I don't think anyone can argue with this - is that of those remaining the most talented person is Alexandra. She has an amazing voice, she can sing any type of song and is miles better then her rivals. Diana was unique at the start but after hearing her a few times have realised she isn't a really great singer at all and all her hand gesturing/singing in her feet is getting very annoying now. Eoghan is an okay singer when it comes to easy songs but he isn't good by any means - a few weeks ago when he had a Take That song they were building it up beforehand about him not hitting the high-note during rehearsal and then on the night when he got to that part they just drowned him out with the backing music!!! - ridiculous. JLS are actually good enough but the worst thing that happened them was getting Walsh. If they were with someone else then they would have a chance but the gimic man has ruined them and they have lost almost all credability already as far I'm concerned in terms of this contest. So for me, Alexandra is a country mile ahead of the competition but will she win? Well, if this show is about judging people on talent then she has it sown up. However, if it a pointless waste of time every Saturday night where people eventually just vote for their friends, who they fancy the most or someone who lives near them just for the sake of it then it is anyones to "win" really. If the former is true then the show will at least retain some credability but if it's the latter then I don't think will bother watching again apart from the funny auditions...unless of course they get yer one from the Pussycat Dolls to replace Walsh as a judge. :wink:
Good to be back

Dammo Qwirky
Stallion
Tips

Postby Dammo Qwirky » Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:01 pm

u should know that reality shows are never about the best deco! its all to do with demographics.

alexandra is easily the best singer but i still doubt she will win. she has improved as the series has progressed but she wasnt all that popular amongst the voting public. it looks in recent weeks like she is trying to come across more endearing as she knows she needs to pick up votes.

could never understand dianas favouritism and i opposed her long ago. one trick pony.

eggnog is a good singer, not great, but for his age he does well. he is still the most likely winner as long as he doesnt mess up in final (assuming he gets there). simon nearly ruined it for him last week by saying he was safe. complacency could end his dream. his accent, age, looks and mild demeanour win him votes by the vanload.

jls i really dont rate at all, theyve been very poor last few weeks and shouldve gone b4. they have obv got the advantage of the girl and black vote so thats keeping them in. i have backed them to win with eggnog from an early stage.

the best singer rarely wins these things, as was proven by the nonentity who won last year. shows how important the demographics are. song choices of course are critical.

can see dannii minogue and louis walsh both getting the boot as theyve been awful, transparent and fake, childish and poor judges of wot they have actually heard. i can see gary barlow making a good judge if commitments allow.
Positions are available in the OLBG Lottery syndicate. Wanna join? Please PM me for info.

man o bong
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby man o bong » Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:20 pm

the best singer rarely wins these things, as was proven by the nonentity who won last year
I bang the same drumyear after year about this program.

Let it get to the final three and bet on the one who needs to win the thing to sell.

Last year another find example.

The three left

RYDHIAN
SAME DIFFERENCE
And the winner, who few people can name including me!!!! :lol:

RYDHIAN Album released this week, didnt need to win to sell records

SAME DIFFERENCE Album released this week, Didnt need to win to sell

Who the hell would be buying the other numpties CD if he hadnt have one it. The Cowell gravy train just ploughs on stopping at station after station to pick up the cash sacks.

ALEXANDRA
JLS
DIANA
EGGNOGG :lol:

Its pretty tricky. I think JLS could have a short lived career of the back of the program,without winning.

The rest i am not so sure about. Leona Lewis is an incredible singer who doesnt have the personality of Alexandra, but i am still not sure she would have sold records without winning,and despite Alexandra being by far the best vocalist of the lot, will probably have to win to be remembered, otherwise she is just anoher girl singer. I must say however, she had fantastic stage prescence ina a great bit of TV production last week.

DIANA, as mentioned before, original? Yes, Different? Yes Predictable? Yes, ANNOYING? Yes. I cant see it happening for her. I did at the beginning when i thought i would by her sound, but her voice and sounds she is now making are beginning to become weirder and weirder, along wih the funny faces that are now being pulled. Got to go.

Eggnogg. Likely winner, Mass teeny boopper appeal, for maximizing xmas sales, and again next year when returning to plug christmas album, along with JLS and Alexandra.

JLS dont need to win, Diana, cant win, Eoghan or Alexandra. I fear for Eoghan losing out simply because there maybe bigger potential for Alexandra across the pond, whereas he hasnt.

I cant call a winner but despite aband never winning this i think i am more than happy to lay JLS
When you're told you can't do something, do it and prove them wrong

Antony OLBG
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Antony OLBG » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:38 pm

One thing in Dianas favour is that Im pretty sure they will all sing the winners song, which "by chance" is Hallelujah that she sang at boot camp and which arguably remains her best performance
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=5GC2jFym4eg

I though Eggnogg has been awful for weeks now and cant understand the judges favourable comments. Hes getting the votes though for the demographic reasons and is the most likely of all of them to make the final on the basis that the two girls are to some extent competing with each other for their demographic.

At this stage I often like to guess where the votes of the fans of the eliminated contestants will switch to and with 2 weeks of eliminations for Diva performers this has to help Alexandra.

The only one I cant say anything that positive for is JLS and as the only one also to have ever been in the bottom 2 its very hard to see them surviving next week.

4/5 at Stan James for JLS to be eliminated looks a very big price to me

watchful_eye
Listed Class
Tips

Postby watchful_eye » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:31 am

How can a non-solo act do Hallelujah at all well? It just won't work?