At Stud
Tips

Postby DaveTehTipst0r » Sat May 31, 2008 8:54 pm

ALOT of money jsut before the betting closed on george, 29 into 11

buzzer
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby buzzer » Sat May 31, 2008 9:02 pm

Faryl Smith not in the top 3???.........something smells !!
..... Due to the economic climate..... the light at the end of the tunnel has been switched Off..!!!

onaed
Stallion
Tips

Postby onaed » Sat May 31, 2008 9:05 pm

Just think people wanted something different, and maybe he needed this break more than she did and people knew that. She'll make it no doubt, dance acts maybe he this exposure to go further.
Very happy he won tho, cracking act and true genuine story to go with it.

HolyRomanEmpire
At Stud
Tips

Postby HolyRomanEmpire » Sat May 31, 2008 9:08 pm

Just think people wanted something different, and maybe he needed this break more than she did and people knew that. She'll make it no doubt, dance acts maybe he this exposure to go further.
Spot on Deano, you have got to factor in that many people will be looking to X-Factor for the singing, and more of an act for Britains Got Talent.

Kind Regards
HRE

kelboy230597
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby kelboy230597 » Sat May 31, 2008 9:09 pm

I agree guys but to be honest how on earth can someone with a voice like that not get in the top 3?I do think there is a bit of jiggery pokery there,fair play to george his story is good how he has had to work so hard.

Dave i saw George drift out t0 28s on bet365 but didnt bother as i thought Faryl would win.I
Lets all have a disco.

buzzer
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby buzzer » Sat May 31, 2008 9:33 pm

I think you are a bit of a hypocrite Onaed.
Flava were the best act with the most talent but as usual sob stories and kids go thru.

Just hope the winner is one with REAL talent not just one who pulls on the heart strings or gets a sympathy vote.
Then you write, after a kid with a sob story wins........

Faryl was undoubtably the best act in the show, followed closely by Signature, Escala and Andrew Johnson. I totally agree that maybe singing acts should be kept for X Factor and the likes, but even if we discard the singers, there is no way that George was the best "act".
..... Due to the economic climate..... the light at the end of the tunnel has been switched Off..!!!

onaed
Stallion
Tips

Postby onaed » Sat May 31, 2008 9:53 pm

George didnt have a sob story thus why i wrote a genuine story !!!

Its YOUR opnion that Faryl was the best act, i dis agree, i wouldnt want to sit and listen to her in fact id persoanlly dis like it as i hate that genre of music for ME George was a class act.

You cannot say someones view are incorrect as they are not stating fact.

buzzer
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby buzzer » Sat May 31, 2008 10:10 pm

Didn't have a sob story? I didn't see Escala or Signature practising in front of a broken mirror during their VT, and was it not George who said "winning would not just change my life, it would save my life"? (i may be wrong as i have slept since then)

I aint gonna argue with you Onaed, we obviously see talent in different lights, but my opinion is that he wasnt the best act on the show (even excluding the singers), and going by all the other forums that i've read, (digitalspy etc), i am in the majority.

thetitan
At Stud
Tips

Postby thetitan » Sat May 31, 2008 10:11 pm

gutting to see signature get through to the final 3 with two other unfancied acts, was looking at a huge win...then andrew got eliminated...then i was ready to collect! :lol:

oh well, nothing beats these things for entertainment when you have some cash on - and yet again, another reality tv odds-on favourite bites the dust!!!

deco121
Legend
Tips

Postby deco121 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:04 am

Personally thought George and Signature deserved to be the top 2 tonight. Escala are already huge (although people may not know it) and have already toured with several huge artists including Elton John. Faryl and Andrew are both talented but a lot of people didn't want a singer to win this as there's X factor etc. for that and besides both of them will go to have big careers in the music business anyway under Cowell - what can Signature/Nemesis/George really do to the same degree after this show in all honesty?

Cheeky Monkeys/Strike/the Scottish singer don't have as much talent as the three dance acts mentioned above in my opinion so for me it came down to those three. Wouldn't have minded which of the three won but George came out on top so fair play to him. Whether he got it because of his story or not is another matter but nobody can deny the lad has huge talent and if there were no stories whatsoever then it still wouldn't have surprised me if he won.

Well done and good luck to him. :win:

ps. The whole pub went silent tonight and the TV was turned up when the results were on. Last week when I was there was nobody watching the Ireland/Serbia game - does that say something about this competition or the Irish football team. :P :lol:
Good to be back

TopTipsterUK
At Stud
Tips

Postby TopTipsterUK » Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:14 am

Ryu i would love to see you dance like that

My tip is for George Sampson if i remember correctly Ant and Dec said i was the highest voting semi final.

He is a telented kid who the teenagers like,and it is mostly teenagers that vote.

Look at the X Factor Leon shouldnt have won it but he did,cause all the teenagers voted for him.

Rydian was by far the better singer,like that woman said last night on Britains got talent "Its not a singing competition its a talent!"

Im taking 7/1 in a flash for him!

Cmon George Sampson!
As i said it happened really,the teenagers all got voting for him!

Well Done George toally deserved mate :win: