Britians Got Talent

Antony OLBG
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Antony OLBG » Fri May 30, 2008 9:59 pm

If anyone knows the running order for the show please post it up
Every semi went to the last act this year and I have a feeling most if not all did last year too, including the final

man o bong
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby man o bong » Fri May 30, 2008 11:41 pm

It was fairly obvious that the favourites were billed last on each of the semi finalsensuring the freshness in the minds when it came to the ttelephone voting. I dont thinking the billing order will be as important tomorrow night.

Furthermore i am supremly confident of the top three acts. I think there are three acts who stand out far and above the rest.

GEORGE SAMPSON
ESCALA
FARYL SMITH.

I dont see anyone getting into it.

I have several ways of looking at the final and predicting the winner.

1) Singers always win talent shows.

This has been the case since time immemorium. The reason i deduce is because singing has a wider appeal. This is why pretty much anything outside of singing or dancing can be specifies as a "Speciality Act". Although spesh acts can be extremly talented, mind boggling, exciting and original, they rarely appeal to everyone. How may people do you know who do not like, jugglers, do not like magic, etc etc. Very few people carte blanche say they dont like singers. Dance troupes do not fit into the catergory speciality act and they never win talent shows. EVER! you can put a line through dance groups in the final.

Those voters who will choose their preference of a vocal act really have just the two kids, the lad and Faryl Smith. The Plumber guy from Scotland has a great voice, but he has not done extraordinary, and extraordinary is what you need and what Faryl has. The laddie is very very good, but is not the complete article.

So part 1 goes to FARYL SMITH

2) Who can you truely see on the stage in your minds eye at the RYP?

Well i have put a case for faryl Smith winning above, but in reality if i think hard, i do not see her on the stage come the royal variety performance.

I think with the "singing in the rain" routine staged in the same way with the rain falling and similar lighting, i do in fact see GEORGE there however.

ESCALA is a no brainer! They would not look an inch out of place on the stage on the night, regardless of what they perform. Classy, polished, contempory. The complete package.

Part 2 goes to ESCALA

3)The voting public

They are going to mainly be the middle to old aged range. And quite possibly they will not be as impressed by GEORGE SAMPSON as anyone maybe 35 and under will be. Their vote will most likely be split half and half between ESCALA and FARYL SMITH. this is where GEORGE becomes key, The younger element of the voting audience will most likely be voting for either GEORGE or NEMISIS. Had NEMISIS not made it through tonight i believe GEORGE SAMPSON would have gained a larger proportion of the younger votes thus making him more competitive, however with the split i think it could cost him any chance of winning.

Part 3 goes to ESCALA to edge it.

Ok what do i think personally? It's like this.

My instinct tells me that i do want GEORGE SAMPSON to win this competition, that would be the heart decision. My professional head says this is a walkover by ESCALA.

Of course ESCALA's future is already secured, win or lose they will be signed in the next few weeks, if not already, and in the studio recording their first album for the contemporary classic charts over the next 6-9 months to become a No1 worldwide securing financial stability for each of them (i doubt they actually need it though), for the rest of their lives. Likewise, if that Connie kid can flog an album off the back of a terrible rendition of "somewhere over the rainbow" from last years show and final, then, FARYL SMITH should also have an album out within 12 months win or lose. This leaves GEORGE SAMPSON, who win or lose will probably never be heard of again. Hell give the lad the opportunity, the other two act can do it next time round when they are household names anyway.

Of course it does not work that way.

So if i were to have a bet, what would it be.

ABSOLUTE MAX BET ON ESCALA. I dont think there has been anything as likely as this in any event i have looked at as a betting opportunity all year, and i doubt there will be another opportunity.

Heres the betting at this stage (Betfair decimals)

Faryl Smith 2.18
Scala 2.88
George Sampson 9
Andrew Johnston 17.5
Signature 38
Kate And Gin 70
Andrew Muir 32
Cheeky Monkeys 160
Madonna Decena 110
Strike 310
Nemisis 65

Finally, i would like GEORGE to win, but for betting purposes, this can only go one way and that is the four girls ESCALA.
When you're told you can't do something, do it and prove them wrong

RYU001
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby RYU001 » Fri May 30, 2008 11:55 pm

george? I dont get it? He's isnt anything amazing in my opinion! Just check youtube for better dancers! I feel Simon's opinion is influencing the public......and its wrong!

TopTipsterUK
At Stud
Tips

Postby TopTipsterUK » Sat May 31, 2008 7:20 am

Ryu i would love to see you dance like that :sarcasm:

My tip is for George Sampson if i remember correctly Ant and Dec said i was the highest voting semi final.

He is a telented kid who the teenagers like,and it is mostly teenagers that vote.

Look at the X Factor Leon shouldnt have won it but he did,cause all the teenagers voted for him.

Rydian was by far the better singer,like that woman said last night on Britains got talent "Its not a singing competition its a talent!"

Im taking 7/1 in a flash for him!

Cmon George Sampson!

nors
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby nors » Sat May 31, 2008 9:39 am

Will women vote for escala?, i doubt it even though Simon can see him managing and promoting them to world domination. I expect Andrew Johnstone or the fav Faryl will win.

kelboy230597
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby kelboy230597 » Sat May 31, 2008 6:40 pm

Im on our local girl Faryl :oops: as shes a Kettering girl i hope she wins she is the best out of the singers.
Lets all have a disco.

Zipster
Stallion
Tips

Postby Zipster » Sat May 31, 2008 7:04 pm

I must just say that, that performace from Faryl Smith was amazing for a girl of her age, if that was not a winning performance then someone really has to come out with something incredible otherwise the program is a fix!!

DaveTehTipst0r
At Stud
Tips

Postby DaveTehTipst0r » Sat May 31, 2008 7:20 pm

faryl has been hammered in the last 15mins, 4/6 now

HolyRomanEmpire
At Stud
Tips

Postby HolyRomanEmpire » Sat May 31, 2008 7:44 pm

Faryl Smith & Andrew Johnston have given the best performances, and equally impressive in my opinion, lets not forget they are a similar age. Though the prices are ridiculous, and the latter represents the value. I do not like to get to involved in this kind of market, unless I can get some huge value early on, so it is just thoughts, but I would like to see an act win this rather than a singer, as X-Factor is the place to be for that, and while George Sampson was good, Signature have a full bag of tricks ( See Youtube ), more performances, and add a touch of humour to a great routine. One last thing Escala do not play all the sounds you hear, and it would be interesting to see how they sound without the added acompanies, I would think rather average. Remember this is only my opinion. :lol:

Kind Regards
HRE

thetitan
At Stud
Tips

Postby thetitan » Sat May 31, 2008 8:16 pm

interesting to see escala as the huge drifters, from 2.9 to 5.9 after their performance - was it only because they did the same song as previously?

quite bizarre in any case.

signature performing last is a huge factor, we've seen for ages that favourites in reality TV tend to get hammered in a bit too much and so I'm red on faryl smith, who has a great voice but i think she lacks personality.

signature are probably the most fun group in the finals and i'd love to see them win, and at a great price too.

signature for me @ 10/1 with small cover on escala @ 5.9

onaed
Stallion
Tips

Postby onaed » Sat May 31, 2008 8:47 pm

I think George Samson can win, class act.

Stike would get my vote tho, so unique and entertaining.

As long as Andrew doesnt win id be pretty happy.

DaveTehTipst0r
At Stud
Tips

Postby DaveTehTipst0r » Sat May 31, 2008 8:50 pm

SHOCKER