New Pope

Dammo Qwirky
Stallion
Tips

Postby Dammo Qwirky » Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:20 pm

Ratzinger has been on the inside as one of JP2s right hand men. If he wins it, I would say there is a very good chance he would keep the name of JP alive by becoming JP3. Dont see many others taking it tho. According to the news today is his make or break day, and if hes not announced today its unlikely he will get it. I had a few quid on him last week cos he does look like a pope, but I have doubts he is acceptable to many of the cardinals. His odds are 10 on the exchanges.

There is no way there is any inside information as security is very tight around the conclave. they even put down a false floor to block any bugs.

I've also had a few quid on Maradiaga as an outsider. I've gone for him cos he seems a bit of a stud like JP2 when he came in. Just hope that Arinze doesnt get in.

Dammo Qwirky
Stallion
Tips

Postby Dammo Qwirky » Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:45 pm

Ratfink got it. Hurrah! Long live Benedict XVI!

tankyman
At Stud
Tips

Postby tankyman » Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:02 pm

Well done all who backed Ratzinger as new Pope. had a small dabble on it when reading this post. I never knew anything about them so a special thanks to Alio & Dammo

Dammo Qwirky
Stallion
Tips

Postby Dammo Qwirky » Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:09 pm

I made £111 so Im content.

He was JP2s mate so he will undoubtedly get his sainthood quite soon, altho it will have to go thru the official channels.

There seemed to be a big drop in odds for Ratfink in the last hour, supposedly the decision was made just b4 5 oclock. Think that was mainly to do with the fact that cos their deliberations were over so quickly it meant they had chosen someone familiar. Hopefully they will find some robes that fit him a bit better now!

Well done to all who won, make sure u do some good with it. Im taking my parish priest out to get pissed and laid!

Dammo Qwirky
Stallion
Tips

Postby Dammo Qwirky » Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:52 pm

r u expecting another Pope John Paul I? Hes the 33 day pope that preceded JP2. Otherwise u might have a while without a bet!

Hes 78 anyway so he cant have too many more years left in him.
Last edited by Dammo Qwirky on Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dammo Qwirky
Stallion
Tips

Papa

Postby Dammo Qwirky » Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:09 pm

Ive just realised it was always going to be Ratzinger to win. Its so obvious when u think about the great headline 2moro...

"Papa Ratzi"

I love word play and puns. I once entered a pun competition. I sent in ten different puns, believing one of my puns must win. Unfortunately no pun in ten did.