Big Brother Celebrity Hijack

thetitan
At Stud
Tips

Postby thetitan » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:24 am

I think that E4 have been giving John immensely favourable edits, I don't think he's put one foot wrong, and everybody seems to like him in the house. They really played up his funny dance today...that dance was a winner's dance, Ricky Gervais built a career around a funny dance, which possibly shows the tastes of modern society :lol:

Amy has been coming in down the blindside, now second favourite at just under 4/1. She seems like the most genuine and down-to-earth person in the house IMO, but all the same, I don't think she'll win. With a general bias towards male winners in these types of reality TV comps, I don't think she'll get enough votes if the demographic is mainly teenage girls. In fact, Jade's surprise eviction last week showed that Amy may even be actively disliked by the demographic, on the basis of jealousy! :?

I'm still unsure about Anthony to be honest...from a non-betting point of view, he seems distinctly normal and average compared to some of the others, and even if the public like him, I can't see anything to justify odds-on when there's still a long way to go. He also hasn't had much exposure on Big Brother's Big Mouth/Little Brother (both immensely boring...)

Still a bit in shock over Nathan's price of 25/1 on Betfair, seems like there's only Anthony, John and Amy in with a realistic shot of winning if you believe the market.

Fact is that Nathan hasn't done anything wrong, I think that his fanbase will get him a lot of votes...25/1 is a joke price for someone who will be in the final stages, has to be a top-up of Nathan. Although I'm slightly concerned that he isn't getting as much coverage as before, I think his price is huge for someone who isn't likely to get nominated.

Liam, Jeremy, Victor and Emilia all up for eviction on Friday night, will be interesting to see who goes...may well have a lay of the Liam/Victor combo which is at about 1.4 now. In fact, looks a stonking lay considering that Victor was 'gubbed' at 1.4, when he was by himself just last week.

Logic should surely dictate the odds should be 1.96ish if we are treating this as a double?

Any thoughts? :?

thetitan
At Stud
Tips

Postby thetitan » Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:22 pm

well, liam and victor were evicted although i still maintain they were a great value lay!

beginning to see why nathan is favourite but still can't justify the odds-on, even denise van outen said that she liked him a lot, so that's quite interesting.

thetitan
At Stud
Tips

Postby thetitan » Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:04 pm

well, a bit of a silly show from anthony there - acted like a complete thug and pretty much bullied John the whole way through, and even accused him of racism! :shock:

Still favourite but still a great value lay, John is coming back into the frame for me as a winner, think he's great value at 10+. Amy is sneaking under the radar and could even be favourite pretty soon, so I think she might be worth a heavy back for trading purposes.

king pete
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby king pete » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:58 am

I think he was joking about the racism.I think the whole thing between them was half joking and half real.Anthony might be starting to show his real self though.I think he was getting a bit big headed about his date (but so would i) and if he carries on like that i think he could get pipped near the finish.I dont think John will win (although he might get a few sympathy votes after he wasnt chosen for the date task).When does it finish cos theres still quite a few people left.Nathan is a massive price to win it.Ive had a bit on him @ 20/1.The ladies seem to like him, he hasnt done anything to upset anyone in the house and looks overpriced to me.Emilia is my favourite though for abvious reasons and ive had some on her to be top women.

rounder
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby rounder » Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:35 am

I have been sitting watching this live for the last 2 maybe 3 hours. Comedy gold. The reason i am on this is because i am buying up Jeremy.
(appologies deletion) :oops: :oops:

I have nathan at 10's if anyone wants to buy it off me?????
:oops: :oops:
Last edited by rounder on Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
OLBG Fixed Limit Holdem Champion!

welshie1
At Stud
Tips

Postby welshie1 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:53 pm

I know I started the thread but I aint watched this since the 1st eviction, is it any good? :lol:

thetitan
At Stud
Tips

Postby thetitan » Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:39 pm

rounder - you really think Jeremy will win? He was going through a good spell when he started flirting with Emilia, but he's kinda faded away. Nice chap but quite bland, although I didn't want too much red on him.

welshie - not particularly exciting although some bits are pretty funny. far better than the average big brother series IMO.

rounder
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby rounder » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:41 pm

Appologies for last post. I have deleted frowned upon parts. It was late i was tiried - no excuse.

Onto the show. I dont see anyone who is head and shoulders above the field to win this. The betting market is showing Anthony and Amy heading the field with John just off and the rest at a distance. I dont see any reason for this other than that is the place where the money is going and then people are following the money on a tight field. I would put off alarm bells here because the betting public and not usually the phoning public who choose the winner.

I stand by my shout for Jeremy. He has been quiet admitedly but is now a huge price and seems to be coming out himself as the house mates get whittled down. I can see him being one of the last out and a 30's may a great investment.

only my opinion. :win:

nors
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby nors » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:14 pm

3 horse race. Anthony around evens, Amy around 7/4, John 4/1.

Amy has it all to do because of her gender, so two bets. 2 points on Anthony and 1 on John.

rounder
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby rounder » Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:08 pm

Why john,i donty understand. He was given a free ride to the final so imediatly given a short price by every bookie. People see the short price and follow the money. I dont see what he has done to attract the intrest in him. Someone please enlighten me? :?

thetitan
At Stud
Tips

Postby thetitan » Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:29 pm

rounder, i think john is a genuinely likeable character, hasnt really put a foot wrong really and seems quite dignified. He's also been really funny in places, as well as being the main character on opening night, which was the only show screened on Channel 4.

rounder
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby rounder » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:55 pm

likeable, likable (how do you spell that??) character or not Titan my friend, how many times are you going to vote for him?????