X FACTOR 4

thetitan
At Stud
Tips

Postby thetitan » Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:07 am

hmmm, seems like a lot of major players lost big on rhydian - all of the 9th eviction money was on leon, and almost all of the 'outright' money was on rhydian!

oh well, i'm just glad i didnt put my house on Same Difference! Really poor series in terms of quality but it will be interesting to see how each act fares in the future.

I reckon that SD will have one or two small hits, they'll fade within six months and then quickly go into childrens' TV.

Rhydian will try recording proper 'pop' songs before Lloyd-Webber snaps him up and he'll get a role as Phantom of the Opera.

Leon will do a Gareth Gates - he'll have a couple of hits, before being corrupted by Girls Aloud in one debauched, drunken night out. He will soon fade into mediocrity and will appear on moer reality TV shows before burning out completely.

Wouldnt be surprised if Same Difference managed an Xmas hit this year if they get their skates on. :?

Inatimate1
At Stud
Tips

Postby Inatimate1 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:50 pm

I have said from the start that the Scottish factor is important, when he was the odds on favourite to be voted off I didn't think that he would because as a nation, in my own personal opinion, Scotland are probably the most patriotic of the British Nations. I think even Louis knew the power that Scotland's public have on the competition as well, I think he said "If the whole of Scotland voted now, then you will win this competition". And the judges were right in admiting that, in Simon's words "On Talent", Rhydian was the best performer on the X-Factor. I'm not saying that it is unfair in anyway, a lot of people I asked have said that Leon was the dark horse, he had a chance of winning the competition, and generally, the people I met who didn't like Rhydian wanted Leon to win from when there were 5 contestants left.
I am not knocking the ability of Leon at all, he is a great singer, he has a lot of talent, and yes, Louis was right in saying that he is definately in the same league as Michael Buble, but in my opinion, when they both sung the winners song at the end, it was evident to me that Rhydian is leagues ahead of him in terms of ability, and from a personal point of view, I would be much more inclined to buy an album by Rhydian rather than Leon, as both "Somewhere" and "You Raise Me Up" actually brought a very large smile to my face...
I think the "less talented" of the two finalists won the competition. But that's my own opinion, and from reading the previous posts, quite a few people disagree with the result. Rounder is entitled to his view, everyone has different tastes, just because most of the nation like Rhianna and get her to number one, doesn't mean that I personally do. Its just that the majority of the people I know (Who like XFactor i should add, again their preference), wanted Rhydian to win, and out of the 8 people I was with when the result was announced, a whole "0" of them voted for him. I wouldn't say Leon is talentless, I think he does have a lot of talent, but compared to Rhydian, in my view, the best man finished second...

Anyway, away from this, I never realised how beautiful Catherine Jenkins is :kiss:
Top Football Tipster June 2006
7th Overall In The WC 2006 Competition
3rd in Cheltenham Festival Competition 2008

mathewjamie17
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby mathewjamie17 » Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:11 am

2nd Overall Copa America Challenge 2007

Dammo Qwirky
Stallion
Tips

Postby Dammo Qwirky » Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:30 am

Im sure its just a coincidence that the lad who would do well selling records came second and the lad who will be in the woolies bargain bin mid january won it.

If Rhydians line was constantly busy, logic dictates more people were calling in. Havent heard too many saying they got an engaged tone for Leon. That said theres always conspiracies each year. Not like theres any merchandise to promote.
Positions are available in the OLBG Lottery syndicate. Wanna join? Please PM me for info.

rounder
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby rounder » Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:40 am

MOVIE QUIZ

Losers always whine about their best, winners go home and *$*^ the prom queen.

ROCK ON LEON :win:
OLBG Fixed Limit Holdem Champion!

zagreb
Stallion
Tips

Postby zagreb » Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:52 am

Rounder the answer is Sean Connery in the Rock top film! :)

As far as the X-Factor is concerned both Leon and Rhydian will do well as they are both talented singers in their own way and even Same Differance have a market though if my daughter kept smiling as much as she did i would check her room for drugs!! No one is ever that happy (but then i have been married a long time! :lol: ).

Dammo Qwirky
Stallion
Tips

Postby Dammo Qwirky » Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:58 am

I just hope its not the brother keeping her happy, they have got a bit of a creepy vibe going on there!
Positions are available in the OLBG Lottery syndicate. Wanna join? Please PM me for info.

betking
Stallion
Tips

Postby betking » Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:57 pm

Conspiracy theory time again.

They said it was close between 2 acts, which could be assumed it was Rhydian and Leon. Putting Leon in the final 2 shootout with SD would get more people to pick up and vote for Leon....

:P

Dammo Qwirky
Stallion
Tips

Postby Dammo Qwirky » Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:00 pm

they always say its close tho, just to make people think their votes count.

Inatimate1
At Stud
Tips

Postby Inatimate1 » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:49 pm

they always say its close tho, just to make people think their votes count.
Exactly, a classic example of winning more votes on the subject, if they said that one person was winning by a landslide they wouldn't pick up and vote. Now from the point of view of a Rhydian fan I have something to say on this theory....

What a load of rubbish in my view, it can be seen in two ways, firstly, yes there may have been a problem with voting for Rhydian because of this, but at the end of the day, just because people are complaining that there were problems with voting for Rhydian, doesn't mean that there were no problems in voting for Leon. Now if you were a fan of Leon, and you had the same problem, would you start complaining about that fact even though he has won? I think not, people are looking to pick into the result because the person they wanted to win didn't win. The article only shows one side of the argument here, yes there MAY have been problems in terms of the votes for one person's voting line, but that doesn't mean that there weren't problems on the other side, in my view I cannot see any reason for XFactor wanting to "Rig" the voting for Leon to win, at the end of the day I could see Rhydian selling a lot more records, the judges all said that he was better in terms of talent. They were both the acts of one judge, Danii Minogue, and even this public debate shows that Rhydian was the more publically popular act, so why would they want to rig the voting for the "less popular" act to win...

I think Dammo that would explain why there's no complaints here... Let's be honest, the voters of Leon would be happy that he won whether they got an engaged tone when ringing in or not and therefore would not need to complain imho...

The words Mountain & Molehill come into mind, or in terms of a Jade Goody phrase, Escape and Goat :lol:
Top Football Tipster June 2006
7th Overall In The WC 2006 Competition
3rd in Cheltenham Festival Competition 2008

Dammo Qwirky
Stallion
Tips

Postby Dammo Qwirky » Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:08 pm

steve brookstein wasnt an oil painting (and hes friends with my birds boss). altho not x factor, fatty mcmanus won pop idol. also well hung won that too and wasnt he already outed?