UK General Election

Dammo Qwirky
Stallion
Tips

Postby Dammo Qwirky » Sun Mar 20, 2005 7:21 pm

Heard of it yes, but I think its effects are a bit overrated. He is my local MP and i dont really massively rate him. Dont think hes personable enough to become leader.

Will8ace
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Will8ace » Sun Mar 20, 2005 7:38 pm

I want William Hague back, him and his 14 pints.

giggsey
Group 3 Class
Tips

Postby giggsey » Sun Mar 20, 2005 7:59 pm

william hauge and ian duncan smith were the biggest political laugh since niel kinnock lost an electon which for the entire campaign was his.

number 1 bet
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby number 1 bet » Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:03 pm

i know labour will win again but not a landslide.

I also think conservatives will lose more seats so liberal will have the best and biggest gain of seats due kennedy good polices on some things that people like the look of like no more countil tax and rise the tax on the rich peeps.

I have been voting for labour in 4 overall general elections and this time liberals get my vote as i dont agree with asylum seeking peeps wanting to come in this country to get away from their violent life and why should we pay for their safety.

jkmccrann
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby jkmccrann » Sat Mar 26, 2005 10:03 am

Another question would have to be, when will Gordo Brown knife Tony Liar in the back?

Given a Labour victory, I don't think Gordo will be waiting around for Tony to make up his mind, if he's not going to contest the next election, 2009/2010?, why should he remain as a lame-duck when there's clearly a capable man waiting in the wings for his chance to impose himself?

In other words, does anyone think Tony will last until perhaps 2007 as PM?, maybe the whole 10 year anniversary thing could be his swansong? Which month was the 1997 election anyway?

Then again, maybe he'll try to hang around with his old mate Dubya Bush. Dubya will be a lame duck after 2006 mid-terms, but he'll be there right up till the end of 2008, first month of 2009. Who will last longer? One would have to back Dubya to outlast Tony, but how tenaciously does Tony want to keep the top job?

What do you guys think? Any markets out there for this type of thing? I suppose its a little premature at the moment, but come June it becomes quite an important question for all concerned.

Dammo Qwirky
Stallion
Tips

Postby Dammo Qwirky » Sat May 07, 2005 8:40 pm

My opinion of Rifkind has deffo improved in the last few weeks as he has been quite relaxed and charming. Wot do we think of his chances of next leader? Is it one leader too early for him do u think, Will? Had £25 on him at 16 this time around. Massive shame that Tim Collins lost his seat cos I think he had massive potential, but will have to wait a few years now.

Not sure that DD is any sort of progess for tories. Maybe they will put him in as a stop gap.

Will8ace
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Will8ace » Sun May 08, 2005 1:33 pm

I forgot about this thread Dammo, thanks for the reminder. I am still keen on Rifkind as a value bet but I don't think 'young' Mr Hague can be discounted at this stage. He made an interesting hint last week that he would be interested in getting his old job back but only if invited. I dont think it is likely that the Tories can possibly elect a leader without the ritualistic in-fighting and mud-slinging that we have become acustomed to over the past few years, this will benefit Rifkind. They would be my two favourites at the minute.

http://www.conservatives.com/tile.do?de ... onID=90156

http://www.conservatives.com/tile.do?de ... 80&t=wales

Will H

Dammo Qwirky
Stallion
Tips

Postby Dammo Qwirky » Sun May 08, 2005 1:43 pm

Ive just realised who u r! U r actually William Hague arent u!

Will8ace
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Will8ace » Sun May 08, 2005 1:50 pm

:lol: Nuff said.

Walked tup 'ill 'n 'ad 10 pints and all that...

He should be King in my opinion. Brown v Hague - there can only be one winner.

Will Ha

versatile
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby versatile » Sun May 08, 2005 1:50 pm

Don't you think we have enough SCOTS running England (to its detriment).!!!!

I dont observe many Englishmen running Scotland or Wales
Versatile

Will8ace
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Will8ace » Sun May 08, 2005 1:55 pm

That's a bit racist Versatile. :lol: I know what you mean though. :wink: Versatile, do you think David Davis has a chance? England doesn't actually exist (legally), have you got an English or a UK passport?

Will H

Dammo Qwirky
Stallion
Tips

Postby Dammo Qwirky » Sun May 08, 2005 2:01 pm

I quite liked Willy, altho judging from the polls I dont think the country did, so doubt he will get back in. Had a tenner at 20 anyway for the helluva it.

Anything goes in England anyway. We arent fussy are we?