UK General Election

versatile
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby versatile » Sun May 08, 2005 2:53 pm

Hi Will H,

I've just got a new passport,and its a European Union,Great Britain and Ireland job. and I'm not too pleased about that either. I think I'll start a campaign to make England Legal. I find it ironic that we had to massacre the Scots and Welsh to intigrate them into one island, only to tamely give them back part sovereignty and store up future trouble in the form of creeping nationalism that naturally will not be satisfied with anything less that full independence. It makes Culloden a sad waste of lives.
Versatile

P.S. I think David Davis has a good chance,but so far he hasn't shown much in the shape of carisma, which a successful leader will need. (Nor has anyone else that I can think of)

Will8ace
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Will8ace » Sun May 08, 2005 3:12 pm

Quality Versatile. The UK, however, has advantages in the world of sport. For example, if Germany wanted to enter 4 teams into the World Cup there would be an outcry. But the UK can enter 4 teams everytime England, Scotland, Wales and Norn Iron. Would you be interested in campaiging for 4 German teams in the World cup as well as the constitutional legality of England?

Will H

versatile
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby versatile » Mon May 09, 2005 9:58 am

As Germany and France run the E.U. Should we be stupid enough to ratify the new constitution they will probably be granted 8 teams each just to show they are twice as important as us! Therefor no campaign needed
Versatile

Dammo Qwirky
Stallion
Tips

Postby Dammo Qwirky » Mon May 09, 2005 11:04 pm

Blimey, Hagues price has come crashing in from a peak of 50 down to 6.8. IF only he had some hair he could be a great PM!

Will8ace
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Will8ace » Tue May 10, 2005 7:16 pm

He's back - the stalking horse that is Sir Malcolm Rifkind.

The only thing that is worrying me is the perception of the importance of the 'television age' politician i.e. Mr Blair. Therefore I have decided to hedge my bets with David Cameron, a young charasmatic politician and member of the increasingly influential Notting Hill set. I have split my stake 50/50 between the two blokes and I hope one of them can help to pay for my little Xmas break. Good luck all.

Will H

Dammo Qwirky
Stallion
Tips

Postby Dammo Qwirky » Tue May 10, 2005 8:12 pm

Absolutely right Will, Blairs premiership has really ended the traditional style of politics, in the sense it is more about image than substance. If Howard was a bit less like Montgomery Burns they would have done a lot better.

Its still early cos they havent even decided the rules. They are a pretty young party now and i think they will spend the next four years trying to appeal to the young disillusioned voters.