Political Betting

nors
Legend
Tips

Political Betting

Postby nors » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:32 am

The US Elections saw a huge (and ongoing) amount of money traded on it via the Betfair Exchange.

It was the most traded market ever according to Betfair.

Now this was partly down to the amount of time the market was available - the 2024 US Election Market is now available

But even accounting for that, it shows the growth of political betting.

Trump was initially favourite similar to remain in the Brexit referendum, as we know both were losing favourites.

This will be an area I look more closely at as there could be betting and trading opportunities across a range of countries.

Any members from those countries could give us valuable insight into voting intentions.
OLBG Community Manager.

nors
Legend
Tips

Re: Political Betting

Postby nors » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:02 pm

For those who are interested, there will be plenty of news coverage of the upcoming Hartlepool By-Election.

The betting is currently very close between Labour and the Conservatives.

It will be a guide to how voters view Boris Johnson's handling of the pandemic and Sir Keir Starmer's first year as leader of the Labour Party.
https://www.olbg.com/blogs/hartlepool-e ... and-trends

I wondered if we had anyone local or from Hartlepool who could add some insight into the local political scene? and advise what political issues were being discussed in the area?
OLBG Community Manager.

nors
Legend
Tips

Postby nors » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:22 am

Flip-Flopping favourites in the Hartlepool By-Election.

The Conservatives are now around 1.57, Labour around 2.5.
OLBG Community Manager.

Aurearea
Listed Class
Tips

Postby Aurearea » Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:52 am

Well political betting has its pros and cons and I believe there is way for most players to come up with some work on their wagers. I mean this is really not much of a good avenue to bet on and it puts the lives of many people at risk when you try to wager something not of the ordinary.