5) I only bet very small stakes for fun
25%
6) I have a staking plan I like to use
46%

Total votes: 80
Jim Brown
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips
Location: Dallas, Texas. Go Cowboys, Rangers, Mavericks, Stars, FC Dallas, and Burn!

OLBG Punter Awareness Survey - Question 3

Postby Jim Brown » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:54 am

Hello all OLBG members. I'd like to invite you all to participate in the OLBG Punter Awareness Survey!

This is Question 3

Here on OLBG we're as much about education as we are about tipping. Have you ever wondered just how shrewd a punter you might be? Are you that really disciplined punter who's never going to lose a lot, or are you the guy the bookie just loves to see coming into his shop every day? Betting is big business, after all it's money that counts. So when it comes to finding out how good you might be and how good a chance you stand of coming out ahead, take part in the the OLBG Punter Awareness Survey The survey will take the form of a series of questions set as polls here in the forum, one per week, and by the end of the survey we will be able to;

a) find out how shrewd and betting-aware the OLBG membership is, and

b) be able to pass on useful information from the most experienced to the lesser experienced.

Everyone can learn something!

IMPORTANT: This is open to EVERY single member to participate, whether you are a new/inexperienced punter or one of OLBG's most successful tipsters, and we encourage everyone to at least VOTE. We want to reach and represent the whole range of OLBG membership.

Please answer in the poll, and just answer honestly. By all means, if you feel the need to, express support of your answer to the survey question(s) by posting in the thread. Views as well as votes are highly encouraged! :win:

Note: You can't change your answer once posted, so do think about it before you click on your option.

Here's the previous questions if you've yet to answer any
Question 1
Question 2
Question 4
Question 5
OLBG Moderator
100% OLBG!
Follow me on Twitter: @ebook_olbg
Read My Blogs on OLBG
Founder of the OLBG NFL Underdog Blog

aeclubwoi555
2yo
Tips

Re: OLBG Punter Awareness Survey - Question 3

Postby aeclubwoi555 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:19 am

:D :D Good comment!

วิธีเล่นไฮโลให้ได้เงินฟรีๆ เข้ามาที่ วิธีฟังเสียง ไฮโล

steveb65
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby steveb65 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:11 pm

money management is crucial to betting. I have used the same plan for 10 years and i use an 80 point bank . Bets vary from 0.5 points to a maximum of 8 (4 pts e/w ) although an average bet would be 1.5pts . i never increase stakes to recapture losses as many here will tell you that running martingales etc has many risks that usually outweigh any benefit.
Scratching a living on the great imponderable .... :hope:

Robmull
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Robmull » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:34 am

Excellent series of questions in this survey Jim.

I developed a staking plan some 13 years ago, which I generally follow other than small value fun bets, which is detailed in a blog (link below), which some readers may wish to consider in the future.

How To Become A Sports Betting Millionaire (A Low Risk Strategy)
https://www.olbg.com/blogs/post.php?id=412704

Jim Brown
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips
Location: Dallas, Texas. Go Cowboys, Rangers, Mavericks, Stars, FC Dallas, and Burn!

Postby Jim Brown » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:48 pm

Excellent series of questions in this survey Jim.
Thanks, Rob :win: I've had this idea for a while and OLBG was kind enough to let me present it to the membership. There's more great questions still to come, and once completed I'll be posting what should be an interesting summary of the results, with analysis.

That's why we want as many members as possible taking part :win:
OLBG Moderator
100% OLBG!
Read My Blogs on OLBG

nors
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby nors » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:24 pm

I have a "flexible" staking plan which is less flexible when trading and more flexible when backing horses.

I tend to lay horses to the same amount, always trading out before the race starts, i am especially looking for weak favs.

With backing horses i tend to dutch a couple of handicappers who i feel are ahead of the handicapper and overpriced. I back the same amounts on these dutched horses so in truth not really dutched, just backing 2 in the same race to the same amount.

Bisto6
Listed Class
Tips

Postby Bisto6 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:25 am

Cash only for me mainly on sport betting.I still enjoy the buzz of going up to the counter and collecting my winnings

Nearenough Racing
2yo
Tips

Postby Nearenough Racing » Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:56 pm

My answer is "none of the above". I vary my stakes depending on how strongly i fancy the bet and how much value i see in the price. i see it as buying shares in that horse/dog/team...how much do i want to buy in at the price offered. Ideally what just happened with your previous bet should be irrelevant to your considerations of your next bet, so ive never used staking plans.

Jim Brown
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Jim Brown » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:07 pm

My answer is "none of the above". I vary my stakes depending on how strongly i fancy the bet and how much value i see in the price. i see it as buying shares in that horse/dog/team...how much do i want to buy in at the price offered. Ideally what just happened with your previous bet should be irrelevant to your considerations of your next bet, so ive never used staking plans.
Welcome to OLBG! Actually that is a staking plan, although you yourself may not call it that. You have your criteria, and you decide your stake based on that criteria. So you're putting methodology into it - you plan your stake.

A staking plan isn't always a fixed amount. or a specific amount based on previous win/loss or stake. Any methodology you use that produces an amount you will place as a stake is a plan. :win:
OLBG Moderator
100% OLBG!
Read My Blogs on OLBG

Nearenough Racing
2yo
Tips

Postby Nearenough Racing » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:31 pm

Thank you.
Id always taken a staking plans to be the last refuge of the tipster who re-engineers the past to create a profit where none previously existed. If a plan is an "intended future course of action" then deciding that action on the spur of the moment cant be a plan. I think my temprement is always to favour art over science in life.