Football Predictions Website

davidjwest
Group 3 Class
Tips

Football Predictions Website

Postby davidjwest » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:54 pm

Hi,

I'm going to have a go at building a website that will predict football results, will start with the Premiership to test it out.

I could use a few testers or people to give general feedback so please reply if interested.

Will try to get it ready for the new season, or at least by early in the season so I have a few results to use for the predictions.

I realise it is impossible to get these things anywhere near 100% but if I can get it to a level it can be used in any way to make some cash that's got to be worth a go.

Cheers,

David

Micko70
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Re: Football Predictions Website

Postby Micko70 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:10 pm

Hi,

I'm going to have a go at building a website that will predict football results, will start with the Premiership to test it out.

I could use a few testers or people to give general feedback so please reply if interested.

Will try to get it ready for the new season, or at least by early in the season so I have a few results to use for the predictions.

I realise it is impossible to get these things anywhere near 100% but if I can get it to a level it can be used in any way to make some cash that's got to be worth a go.

Cheers,

David
Good luck with that one

Fulcrum35
2yo
Tips

Postby Fulcrum35 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:24 am

I used to think that there was a way to predict the results of football (and other sports) matches by looking at the abilities of the players, the team's story, the raw stats etc.

Then there was this year's World cup. Russia beating Spain and rising to the final fourths (or however it's called in English, my mother tongue is Flemish), Belgium beating Brazil... There's no way to really predict what happens now, and betting has become a matter of pure luck again when it comes to football. Hell, I wouldn't bet something significant on a Brazil vs Cambodia match now, especially after recently learning about how a small amateur club in France, Carquefou, beat Marseilles at the top of their glory.

Red5tar
2yo
Tips

Postby Red5tar » Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:57 pm

David - I'm a new member so I only just saw your post. I would be happy to test it and give you feedback if you're still looking for volunteers.

davidjwest
Group 3 Class
Tips

Postby davidjwest » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:41 am

Thanks for the comments, yes this is pretty much impossible to get right but if I can just get an edge over the bookies it is worth it. You've gotta try!

I did this last weekend with very little confidence as it's still early in the season, the prediction was spot on for Newcastle vs Arsenal but no other scores were correct.

However, it was close enough, just 1 goal out (for most games) for me to persist with it so I have predictions for this weekend. I am not ready to share YET as still not enough data for any confidence, but once we are another couple of weeks in I will start sharing.

However, +1.5 goals is looking good for most of the Saturday Premiership games, just avoid the Palace vs Newcastle match as it's giving a 60% chance of that being goalless, also Man Utd 1 - 0 vs Wolves!

A few 2-1 away wins in there too, nothing with more than a 66% confidence rating though.
Last edited by davidjwest on Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

davidjwest
Group 3 Class
Tips

Postby davidjwest » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:29 am

David - I'm a new member so I only just saw your post. I would be happy to test it and give you feedback if you're still looking for volunteers.
Thanks, can you PM me with your email address so we can chat, it won't let me PM you.

Red5tar
2yo
Tips

Postby Red5tar » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:32 pm

David,

I've still got a problem with my profile in that I can't post new topics or read or send private messages.

I've just added you to my friends list and sent an email to support asking for help so maybe you should do the same.

gravityhub
2yo
Tips

Postby gravityhub » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:18 pm

I'll gladly help you out aswell if you still need it. Hit me up