T20 Blast Finals Day - £20 Cash Prize for Best Tip Comment

PompeyJim
Classic Winner
Betting Blog Tips

T20 Blast Finals Day - £20 Cash Prize for Best Tip Comment

Postby PompeyJim » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:02 pm

OLBG have been offering a £20 cash prize for the best tip comment on the big summer sporting events and this week we are focusing on the T20 Blast Finals day at Edgbaston on Saturday.

The T20 Blast Finals Day is live on Sky Sports and with no Premier league Football this weekend for punters, the T20 match tips will gain plenty of exposure and provide OLBG website and app users plenty of food for thought before watching the action live.

Also a good opportunity to start the September Cricket tipping competition off with some winning tips or at least bag a cool £20 prize for top quality content !

The comments team will award the £20 cash prize for the best tip comment added on any of the three matches -

Semi Final, 11am – Glamorgan v Birmingham Bears

Semi Final, 2.30pm – Hampshire v Notts Outlaws

Final, 6.45pm – Teams to be confirmed (We hope to have the odds feed available for tipping as soon as possible after the second semi final has concluded).

To qualify, the tip with comment analysis must be entered in the tipping competition in the usual way using the 'Make A Tip' menu (link below) -

https://www.olbg.com/members/maketip.php?id=4

So just to clarify the best tip comment can be placed on any of the 3 matches, and all match markets (Match Winner, Man of the Match, Top Batsman) are included for consideration.

The comments team will judge the best tip content and will be looking for possible analysis to include :-

- Team/Player form in the build up to Finals Day.
- Player's career/season record/average/top score in the T20 format.
- Any relevant recent head to head in this T20 format of the game
- Pitch conditions that may be a key factor on the day, favouring type of bowler, seamer, pace, spin and good scoring wicket etc..
- Will the toss be important, which team is better chasing or setting a target etc…

Plus any relevant information that you feel is key and can give readers that edge in following your tip and placing a bet.

The comments team will judge the tip comments before the matches start so all tips are considered and it's the excellent content analysis we are judging so not just winning tips and will announce the £20 cash prize winner on this thread and the cash will be paid directly into the winners OLBG account.

We intend to run ongoing a £20 "best comment" competition on one event each week and to encourage more people to get involved the £20 prize can only be won once by any member in a calendar month.

We ran the £20 comment prize earlier in the summer on the ICC Trophy matches and the tip analysis was excellent from our Cricket tipsters, and we look forward to judging your excellent analysis for OLBG followers again this weekend.

Good luck and enjoy T20 Blast Finals Day !
OLBG Tipster Competition Assistant

PompeyJim
Classic Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Re: T20 Blast Finals Day - £20 Cash Prize for Best Tip Comment

Postby PompeyJim » Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:35 pm

Thanks to all members for adding tips and some great analysis on the two T20 Blast semi finals.

Just to confirm the markets (Match, Top Bat, Man of Match) are now available for tipping on the final between Notts and Birmingham.

https://www.olbg.com/members/maketip.php?id=4

Great flurry of wickets towards the end of the Notts v Hants game sealing it for Notts when it was starting to get close.

Good luck and enjoy the final.

PompeyJim
Classic Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Re: T20 Blast Finals Day - £20 Cash Prize for Best Tip Comment

Postby PompeyJim » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:17 am

Thanks to those members who added their tips and analysis for OLBG followers on a busy T20 Blast Finals Day.

Some great content added and the comments team have awarded the £20 cash prize to 111johnny for excellent analysis across the available markets on both the semi finals and final -

(Birmingham to beat Glamorgan in the semi final)

"Both teams comes into this game with 3 matches win streak and with a lot of confidence. Its really tough to predict a winner out but I think that Birmingham have slight edge over Glamorgan in some areas. Birmingham are playing at home which is definitely an advantage for them as they are more familiar with the conditions and crowd will play as a twelfth man for them plus they have faced finals day pressure in 2015 and 2016 and that experience will certainly help. Birmingham batting line up is more depth than Glamorgan's and we saw that in the last game when they successfully chased over 200 runs score. England's international Chris Woakes inclusion into their side provides more balance to the team. One more thing in Birmingham's favour is that they played with tougher teams than Glamorgan in their group matches so they are better prepared than them. Although Glamorgan batsmen like Ingram and Miller can thrash any team on their day but it's the team game which is key to win and I reckon that Birmingham plays better team game.”

(Woakes Man of the Match, Birmingham v Glamorgan)

“I reckon that Woakes will play a key role in this big game. His IPL experience will definitely help and will be given the opportunity to break the top order of Glamorgan in the early overs. He was successful with the new ball in the IPL and took 17 wickets on much flatter deck than England. He has scored 2 half centuries in the last two fc matches so his versatility will prove a key factor in this game and I reckon that he's value at this price to be nominated man of the match. “

(Wagg Top Batsman, Glamorgan)

“Wagg is known for his hard strike in the late overs and he has been their best batsman by average this season. He has played in 7 innings, remain not out in 6 of those and scored 138 runs with the exact number of average but the most important fact about his batting is he delivered when the team needed. I feel that Glamorgan's batting revolve around Ingram and Rudolph and if they fail in this big match than Wagg might stand and deliver again.”

(Alsop Top Batsman, Hants)

“Alsop usually bats at no. 3 so it's good that bookies are offering 6/1 for him. He has scored couple of 30 plus scores in the last 3 innings and might play an integral role in this important fixture. He is not an attacking batsman, he just builds the innings and that's why I think that he will be important for Hampshire in this pressure game.”

(Patel Man of the match, Hants v Notts)

“Patel is playing a vital role in the middle order who rescued Notts in the quarter final against Somerset playing a much needed 45 runs knock. He also took 2 wickets in that game and was nominated man of the match. In his last fc match against Northants, he scored 65 and took 3 wickets so he's in good form. As he bowls the initial overs, there's a good chance for him to take the early key wickets so I reckon that he's a top man of the match choice at 14/1.”

(Birmingham to beat Notts in the final)

“Both teams are evenly matched and it should be a tight match however I found couple of reasons to back Birmingham. The first one is that they are playing at home and they have beaten Notts at this venue in this comp so they have little bit psychological advantage. Second is that they got more time to make plan for the final than Notts as the visiting team got only one and a half hour to prepare for the final.
Birmingham have good attacking mind set batsmen in top 4 position and their middle lower order is one of the strongest. Those are the reason why I prefer Birmingham over Notts and odds also tempts me to go with the home side so I'm backing Birmingham to lift the silverware.”

Well done to 111johnny and thanks again to those members who added their tips and analysis for OLBG followers on T20 Finals day.