ICC Champions Trophy 2017 Betting & Discussion

garlicsauce
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

ICC Champions Trophy 2017 Betting & Discussion

Postby garlicsauce » Wed May 17, 2017 2:45 pm

The Champions Trophy starts 1st June and is being played in England and Wales.

Betting -

England 4
Australia 4.5
India 5.5
South Africa 5.5
New Zealand 9
Pakistan 17
Sri Lanka 21
Bangladesh 51

With bet365

England are deserved favourites in my eyes. What about you?
What will you be betting on?

nors
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Re: ICC Champions Trophy Betting 2017 Betting & Discussion

Postby nors » Wed May 17, 2017 3:00 pm

Thanks GS for your blog on the ICC Trophy, just need to find some winning bets, with no footy this summer i am concentrating on more cricket betting this summer.

garlicsauce
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Re: ICC Champions Trophy Betting 2017 Betting & Discussion

Postby garlicsauce » Wed May 17, 2017 3:09 pm

I fancy Adil Rashid to take the most wickets in this tournament. I can't find a price at the moment, but he's going to be vital to Englands chances and I think he will go well on the home tracks.

nellberg1
Classic Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Re: ICC Champions Trophy 2017 Betting & Discussion

Postby nellberg1 » Thu May 25, 2017 9:16 pm

I have done a blog on the Champions Trophy today, with the usual "tip for every team" section as well as the standard previews. The blog can be found here:

https://www.olbg.com/blogs/post.php?id=412671

nors
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby nors » Fri May 26, 2017 8:16 am

Are you more or less confident with these tips than the IPL ones, or about the same ? Is there a NAP?
So with 8 points staked we had returns of 16 points with a ROI of 100% on the IPL

nellberg1
Classic Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby nellberg1 » Fri May 26, 2017 9:02 pm

Are you more or less confident with these tips than the IPL ones, or about the same ? Is there a NAP?
So with 8 points staked we had returns of 16 points with a ROI of 100% on the IPL
Probably less confident. Half these teams will only play 3 games and the max any side will play is 5 so despite being a longer format than the IPL it'll be higher variance in my opinion. One big innings with the bat or ball could scoop a market. The Aussie outright tip will most likely provide the best sweat for the tournament. I've done them all at a standard 1 point each.

jockie c
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby jockie c » Tue May 30, 2017 2:42 am

After 8 straight ODI wins England's top order totally fell apart in the first 5 overs against South Africa to be 6-20 and although they recovered to at least post a score I am not sure the $3.75 being offered by bet365 for England to win outright is looking like value.

Just to put it in context, no team yet has lost 6 wickets in 5 overs in a 50 over international :oops:

I would think the reliance on Johnny Bairstow as a fill in batsman to save England's blushes might be worrying.

England also have injuries to Ben Stokes, Chris Woakes and Moeen Ali.

Jason Roy is a selection issue I would suggest with his last ODI innings producing 17, 0, 20, 1, 8 and 4.

England are a much improved team no doubt but that "wobble" against South Africa may have significance for the selectors.

With NZed and Australia in the group could we see a repeat of the Rugby World Cup?

nellberg1
Classic Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby nellberg1 » Tue May 30, 2017 4:24 pm

After 8 straight ODI wins England's top order totally fell apart in the first 5 overs against South Africa to be 6-20 and although they recovered to at least post a score I am not sure the $3.75 being offered by bet365> for England to win outright is looking like value.

Just to put it in context, no team yet has lost 6 wickets in 5 overs in a 50 over international :oops:

I would think the reliance on Johnny Bairstow as a fill in batsman to save England's blushes might be worrying.

England also have injuries to Ben Stokes, Chris Woakes and Moeen Ali.

Jason Roy is a selection issue I would suggest with his last ODI innings producing 17, 0, 20, 1, 8 and 4.

England are a much improved team no doubt but that "wobble" against South Africa may have significance for the selectors.

With NZed and Australia in the group could we see a repeat of the Rugby World Cup?
Bayliss seemed to see it as "one of those things", but also good that England wouldn't go into the tournament complacent. We've become a very aggressive side recently and with that comes the good with the bad, we now top 300 regularly but when the wheels come off and we still play aggressively then it can become a massive collapse very quickly (T20I vs India was another example).

They'll persevere with Roy I'd imagine, given Billings opened in Bangladesh when Hales was out so Bairstow has no international experience at the top of the order. Woakes injury was just a niggle, rested for precaution. Thought Moeen was just rested full stop, wasn't aware of an injury? Stokes is the big worry, really hurts the balance of the side if he can only bowl 2-3 overs a game.

New Zealand are a dangerous side but at home we should be up to beating them, whether we can beat Australia, South Africa or India is another matter. I don't think we're value at 3.75. Prefer Australia's experience of winning these big events at 4.50.

jockie c
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby jockie c » Tue May 30, 2017 10:57 pm

If England beat Bangladesh easily that little slip up v South Africa will be forgotten in what was after all a dead rubber.

I do agree England have become a very aggressive team since the last ICC Cup.

garlicsauce
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby garlicsauce » Wed May 31, 2017 7:00 pm

Don't forget this starts tomorrow.

OLBG have a tipping competition to coincide with the tournament with a chance to share £100 in prizes. See the details here viewtopic.php?f=19&t=63382

There's a fantasy game on the official ICC site here http://fantasy.icc-cricket.com/ICC/en/5/entryhome.do
The League name is OLBG and the Code is 827418-8218 join in for fun

Good luck to all to enter and to England who are hosting the tournament!

nellberg1
Classic Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby nellberg1 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:09 am

First game today with England playing Bangladesh. The hosts are 1/5 so it seems a nice introduction for them. Long term they'll be looking for some runs from Roy and an easy day for Stokes so his knee can continue to heal.

Hard game to find value, as a lot depends on if England bat first or second. I wouldn't want to be backing someone down to bat 5 or 6 for England for any market incase they end up chasing something sub-zero like 200 and the openers have a big advantage. The other side of the coin is that if England bat first both openers have looked a little shakey and I'd prefer to be on a middle order player. Looks like one to bet in-play for me. Good luck if you're having a bet.

nors
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby nors » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:13 am

So as soon as we know who bats first then take action then?