IPL Betting Discussion 2017

nors
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Re: IPL Betting Discussion 2017

Postby nors » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:58 am

With your IPL advices on the forum, could you put the time and date so members can take advantage of your excellent posts and discussion. :win:

nellberg1
Classic Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby nellberg1 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:03 pm

just had a quick look at the betting for tomorows game and i have to say one bet stood out straight away,sunil narine to score over 0.5 6s is 11/10,seems very generous to me.surely if he last an over that bet is won.
13/8 with Ladbrokes. He'll certainly be trying to smash some Sixes!

nellberg1
Classic Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby nellberg1 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:06 pm

Game today - 26/04/17 - 15.30 start between RPSG and KKR. Stats wise it threw up "team of top batsman-KKR", which has won 6/7 so far. They set up nicely for this market, with guys like Gambhir, Uthappa and Pandey all looking to bat deep and provide a good base for the innings. With the ball they have great variety and wicket taking threats. Last I checked it was 10/11, which looked a little bit of value.

https://www.olbg.com/blogs/post.php?id=412600

nellberg1
Classic Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby nellberg1 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:17 am

Game on 27/04 at 15.30 is a battle between the 2 bottom sides, rcb host gujarat. Rcb have dominated gujarat in recent times so I'd expect similar here. All of thier "big 3" have good H2H records vs Gujarat so that could be key.

Stats wise rcb have been getting off to some slow starts in the 1st 6, so they could be opposable in the " highest first 6 overs" market.

For Gujarat, no bowler other than Tye has taken more than 1 wicket in an innings so he looks a solid bet for the "Gujarat top bowler" market.

Some stats relating to popular betting markets can be found in my last blog. Good luck if you're having a bet.

NeilHines
Handicapper
Tips

Postby NeilHines » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:40 am

Some nice blogs Nelberg, how do you think Gujarat will go?
I like their top 4 (Smith, McCullum, Raina and Finch) but they look a bit top-heavy to me. Having Bravo fully fit will be key I reckon. I'll have a proper look during the week and put a blog up on them :win:
Great :win:

nellberg1
Classic Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby nellberg1 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:38 pm

Some nice blogs Nelberg, how do you think Gujarat will go?
I like their top 4 (Smith, McCullum, Raina and Finch) but they look a bit top-heavy to me. Having Bravo fully fit will be key I reckon. I'll have a proper look during the week and put a blog up on them :win:
Great :win:
Bravo been confirmed as missing the whole campaign. Replaced in the squad by Irfan Pathan, which is under-whelming in my eyes. They could risk it a bit, go Faulkner 6, Jadeja 7, Irfan 8 with Tye, Praveen and Nathu as the bowlers. Would give them fair bowling options whilst still having decent batting depth with Irfan at 8. Faulkner at 6 looks too high but he came in 4/5 for the Melbourne Stars. A top 4 of Bmac, Finch, Raina and Karthik should be doing the bulk of the batting anyway, with Kishan at 5. It's not great but it must be worth a shot rather than having Dwayne Smith at 6 and having to bowl him a bit.

nellberg1
Classic Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby nellberg1 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:04 pm

Game on 27/04 at 15.30 is a battle between the 2 bottom sides, rcb host gujarat. Rcb have dominated gujarat in recent times so I'd expect similar here. All of thier "big 3" have good H2H records vs Gujarat so that could be key.

Stats wise rcb have been getting off to some slow starts in the 1st 6, so they could be opposable in the " highest first 6 overs" market.

For Gujarat, no bowler other than Tye has taken more than 1 wicket in an innings so he looks a solid bet for the "Gujarat top bowler" market.

Some stats relating to popular betting markets can be found in my last blog. Good luck if you're having a bet.

2/2 for the stats, at even money and 3/1 :win:

nellberg1
Classic Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby nellberg1 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:55 am

Double Headers for the next 4 days means it's tough to tip on every game, it may pay to focus on 1 game a day and go from there. In today's late game (28/04/17, 15.30 start the Sunrisers have lost all 3 away games so far so they could be a vulnerable favorite.

Andy4Fingers
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Andy4Fingers » Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:33 pm

Hyderabad v Kolkata (Sun 15:30)

Bet 35: 5 pts, Hyderabad to have highest opening partnership @ 4/5 (bet365)

One stand out bet for me today and it's the opening partnership of Hyderabad, Warner and Dhawan, to outscore the Knight Rider's opening duo which is likely to be Gambhir and Narine.
Warner and Dhawan make a formidable opening pair and neither is a cheap wicket but it's the fact that Kolkata keep opening with a pinch hitter that makes this such an appealing bet to me.
The gamble with Narine has paid off a few times this season but he's scored less than 17 in 5 of the 8 games he's batted (admittedly one of those was down the order) and against the bowling talents of Bhuvi and co the 4/5 seems more than reasonable.
Current IPL betting discussion thread tipping stats after bet 31:
3.8 pts profit, -1.33 pts LSP, 5.3% ROI, 35.5% S/R.

Andy4Fingers
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Andy4Fingers » Mon May 01, 2017 7:36 am

Mumbai v Bangalore (Mon 11:30)

Bet 36: 1 pt, Nitish Rana to be man of the match @ 22/1 (Stan James)

Much of what happens in RCB matches depends on which team turns up. Will it be the Kohli, De Villiers and Gayle inspired, hit it to all parts, dodgy bowling team we've come to know and love over the past few seasons or the crumbling batting that struggles to post 3 figure scores that we've seen in the past few games.
Since they're on such a poor run at the minute but could at any time quite easily post 200+ (especially at the Wankhede) I'll leave most markets alone and instead look to the player who must be the break out star of the tournament Nitish Rana. The young Mumbai batsman has played some devastatingly impressive innings and since he's still coming in at number 3 he should get the chance to show his big hitting. His previous 2 innings in Mumbai have yielded only 11 runs but prior to that he had scores of 53, 45 and 50 and he's 3rd on this year's sixes list with 17 in 9 innings. Against a relatively weak Bangalore bowling attack (Badree and Chahal aside) I'm hoping he can shine and he looks overpriced here.
Current IPL betting discussion thread tipping stats after bet 31:
3.8 pts profit, -1.33 pts LSP, 5.3% ROI, 35.5% S/R.

nellberg1
Classic Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby nellberg1 » Mon May 01, 2017 8:17 am

Mumbai v Bangalore (Mon 11:30)

Bet 36: 1 pt, Nitish Rana to be man of the match @ 22/1 (Stan James)

Much of what happens in RCB matches depends on which team turns up. Will it be the Kohli, De Villiers and Gayle inspired, hit it to all parts, dodgy bowling team we've come to know and love over the past few seasons or the crumbling batting that struggles to post 3 figure scores that we've seen in the past few games.
Since they're on such a poor run at the minute but could at any time quite easily post 200+ (especially at the Wankhede) I'll leave most markets alone and instead look to the player who must be the break out star of the tournament Nitish Rana. The young Mumbai batsman has played some devastatingly impressive innings and since he's still coming in at number 3 he should get the chance to show his big hitting. His previous 2 innings in Mumbai have yielded only 11 runs but prior to that he had scores of 53, 45 and 50 and he's 3rd on this year's sixes list with 17 in 9 innings. Against a relatively weak Bangalore bowling attack (Badree and Chahal aside) I'm hoping he can shine and he looks overpriced here.
I like it, looks over-priced. Good luck.

nellberg1
Classic Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby nellberg1 » Mon May 01, 2017 8:20 am

Mumbai Indians vs RCB, 01/05/17, 11.30.

Happy to take on RCB here, stats wise their batting has struggled yet Mumbai are still reasonably priced in market like "highest 1st 6 overs" and "most sixes"

Gujarat Lions vs RPSG, 01/05/17, 15.30

RPSG have struggled in the sixes market, so Gujarat could be over-priced there. No Tye for Gujarat does complicate matters though, they may have to aim for a monster score to be competitive.

Stats blog : https://www.olbg.com/blogs/post.php?id=412600