IPL Betting Discussion 2017

nellberg1
Classic Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Re: IPL Betting Discussion 2017

Postby nellberg1 » Wed May 10, 2017 6:22 am

10/05/17 15.30 Gujarat Lions vs Delhi Daredevils

A dead rubber here, and not much to get excited about in all honesty. Bowling on either side is a little weak, so we could well see a high scoring match with the teams going through the motions. The Gujarat attack is pretty weak and I like Thampi's role at the death, so I'll have a small interest on him. From an ante-post point of view, I'm looking for Mishra to take a few wickets as I have him for top DD bowler.

Good luck if you're having a bet.

AP tips : https://www.olbg.com/blogs/post.php?id=412534

Fredgarv
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Fredgarv » Wed May 10, 2017 7:01 am

A small profit off yesterday thanks to a good Maxwell innings but result didn't go to plan like Nellberg said a dead game today so only pride to play for so not one to get too involved but I like the lions today Delhi have too many collapse innings for my liking and are way too unpredictable to have any confidence in .

Fredgarv
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Fredgarv » Wed May 10, 2017 1:23 pm

Winner. LIONS
Lions Top Bat. RAINA
Delhi top Bar. Samson
Mom. RAINA

With both these teams struggling with the bowling side it should be a batsman who claims the mom RAINA has 434 runs in 12 games with 3 50s and 3 not outs so looks by far the safest bet 8/1 one doubt Delhi have the tendency to implode with low scores which could spoil the plan.

nellberg1
Classic Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby nellberg1 » Thu May 11, 2017 11:23 am

11/05/17, 15.30

Conspiracy theorists will tell you that it suits the tournament as a whole if Kings Xi beat Mumbai today, i'm not sure I buy into all that but there is certainly plenty at stake. Mumbai want a win to guarantee a spot in the top 2 (giving them 2 chances to make the final, and also the 1st qualifying final is at thier home ground so it's essentially a home semi). Kings Xi need a win to keep their hopes of making the top 4 alive.

I like Rohit for MI top bat (3 50's in 5 knocks, looking as if he's batted himself into form recently) and S.Marsh for KXIP (no Amla, good record at this ground/vs these opponents) at fair prices. Good luck if you're having a bet.

I'll do a blog on the top 4 finishers when the table is confirmed in the next few days, so hopefully we can get some value and find the overall winner!

nellberg1
Classic Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby nellberg1 » Fri May 12, 2017 7:17 am

12/05/17 15.30

Who knows which Delhi will turn up here, their last 5 scores have been : 67 all out, 189-4 (chasing 186), 214-3 (chasing 209), 66 all out and 197-8 (chasing 196). They're certainly an entertainign side but not one I'd fancy wagering money for or against at the moment. They are already out so RPSG have something tangible to aim for (need 1 win for a top 4 spot, 2 wins for a top 2 spot).

nellberg1
Classic Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby nellberg1 » Sun May 14, 2017 8:39 am

14/05/17 11.30

RPSG vs Kings XI is the decider for who makes the play-off's. Both sides are missing key players (Tahir and Amla are with the South Africa squad) . Kings XI are on a bit of a roll, they needed to win their last 3 games and have won the the last 2 so they're close to pulling off a minor miracle.

WIth the bat KXIP have been super aggressive recently, and I expect a similar tactic here. RPSG have a decent balance but will be looking for more from the likes of Rahane. Both sides would prefer to chase here, especially with the season on the line. Maxwell or Stokes are my idea of the match-winners.

nellberg1
Classic Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby nellberg1 » Mon May 15, 2017 2:14 pm

Blog on the 4 teams who made the play-off's is up online : https://www.olbg.com/blogs/post.php?id=412652

First play-off game is tomorrow, Mumbai vs RPSG

nellberg1
Classic Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby nellberg1 » Mon May 15, 2017 11:00 pm

16/05/17 15.30 Mumbai Indians vs Rising Pune Supergiant

The 1st Quaiifier is between the top 2 sides in the league. Mumbai are without Buttler, and RPSG are without Tahir and Stokes.

The key battles for me would be :

McLeneghan with the new ball against Rahane and Tripathi. With Rahane struggling slightly and Tripathi super aggressive up top Mumbai should be searching for early wickets to get on the front foot. If it goes the other way and RPSG get off to a flier, it changes the whole balance of the game.

Unadkat and Christian at the death against Pollard and Hardik. RPSG struggled badly at the start of the seaosn with some woeful death bowling, but they've turned that around recently. The task of bowling to the likes of Pollard and Hardik (39 sixes between them this tournament) will be a tough test, and could be pivotal with the game on the line.

nellberg1
Classic Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby nellberg1 » Wed May 17, 2017 9:35 am

17/05/17 15.30 Sunrisrs Hyderabad vs Kolkata Knight Riders

Really struggling with this one, I'm finding it a hard game to call and can't find an angle to bet on it. The fact that the pitch at Bengaluru has been low-scoring and spin-friendly is jut confusing me more. The low scores coud be a red herring, as GL and KKR both chased down targets going at 10 RPO, so it may just have been RCB playing bad that meant the games here were scrappy.

Key battles could be Bhevi/Rashid Khan vs Narine and Lynn. Narine has been hit and miss, but when he gets off to a flier it's brutal and changes the game. Bhevi is a skilled bowler and he should have the ability to work him out though. Lynn is explosive also, getting spin into the game early could be key. They've used Nabi in the powerplays but the skiddy nature of Rashid's bowling could be more of a handful.

For SRH the openers Warner and Dhawan are key. They sit 1 and 2 in the run charts for the IPL this season. Early breakthroughs from Yadav or Boult will be key to KKR's chances. The pitch has been holding up and helping spin this season, so a surprise option like Yusef turning the ball away from both left-handers could be a useful ploy.

Good luck if you're having a bet!

https://www.olbg.com/blogs/post.php?id=412652

Fredgarv
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Fredgarv » Wed May 17, 2017 1:44 pm

Although the top two run scorers in this years competition are in this game the knock out stages transfers the pressure which is usually on the bowlers to the batsmen who know they only get one chance if a bowler has a stinking over he could always take wickets in another over so the mom we should be looking towards bowlers and all rounders Chris Woakes fits that bill a good down the order batsman and good medium pace which should be helped by the nature of this pitch he has 17 wickets in this competition Kolkata joint top wicket taker at round about 16/1 there are worse bets about

Well that was a waste of words not playing

AZZZ4555
Handicapper
Tips

Postby AZZZ4555 » Fri May 19, 2017 9:34 am

I think KKR will win the match because KKR is in good foam and his batting site is very strong than MI. So I predict KKR will beat the MI and reached the final.

Fredgarv
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Fredgarv » Fri May 19, 2017 12:51 pm

These two teams have been the best in the tournament to my way of thinking and should be the final Mumbai for me though with a strong bowling attack and a Classic lower order hit factory in the batting lineup
Remember more pressure on batsmen now and bowlers to the fore again.