Australia's tour of Sri Lanka - 2016

111johnny
Classic Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Australia's tour of Sri Lanka - 2016

Postby 111johnny » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:27 am

Sri Lanka host Australia for the 3 match test, 5 ODI's and 2 t-20 internationals. After the retirement of their two senior batsmen Sangakkara and Jayawerdene, Sri Lankan team's performance in the longest version of the game have been below par. As they are currently going through transition period, it should be quite easy for the visitors to win the test series. Aussies are always tough to beat and they currently hold a 9 matches winning streak in test.

Aussies have very good depth in their batting while their bowling have also been strengthen after the arrival of 2015 wc star Mitchell Starc. I personally think that the test series will be good learning opportunity for the young Sri Lankan players and Aussies are the clear favourites. I recommend to back Australia to win this series at 1.36 Ladbrokes and will post my other bets letter today. if you have any thoughts about this series than please share on this forum

fixtures

1st Test - Jul 26 - 30 - Pallekele International Cricket Stadium

2nd Test - Aug 4 - 8 - Galle International Stadium

3rd Test - Aug 13 - 17 - Sinhalese Sports Club Ground, Colombo

Full Fixtures List

111johnny
Classic Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby 111johnny » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:51 pm

first game of this tour starts tomorrow and Australia will play as favourites. Rain is likely to interrupt some parts of the match so I personally believe that only rain can save the islanders from the defeat. Aussies displayed good skills in the warm up match and have an unbeaten streak of 9 matches. Sri Lanka have also not won a single game against Australia since 1999 so if they beat them then it would be a great upset and upsets are rare in this form of the game.

Adam Voges made his Australian debut last year and has proved a potent weapon in the middle order. the 36 yo right hand batsman has made 1337 runs in 15 matches at an incredible average of 95.50 including 5 centuries. He doesn't lose his temper so early and plays the spinner well. I'm picking him to be top Aussie batsman of the series at 8 Paddy Power and also as a top batsman in the first match at 6.5 Ladbrokes

O'Keefe bowled good spell in both innings of the practise match and took 10 wickets. He also scored unbeaten 78 runs in that game so he's good mom material. There's a good chance of him to play this game and he's currently at 25/1 to be mom so my suggestion is to back him cause he has good track records in fc career and Lanka's spin friendly pitches will assist this left arm leg spinner

111johnny
Classic Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby 111johnny » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:25 am

After stopping Sri Lanka to a mini total of 117, Aussies have taken an important lead of 86 and also removed their opener early on before the rain arrived however Aussies batsmen failed to impress and as I posted here Adam Voges was their top scorer in the first innings with scoring crucial 47 runs.

Rain is likely to spoil around 1/3 part of the game every day but looking at the batsmen fall out, rain can't interrupt the result of the game. Aussies are in solid condition now and should win this game. O"keefe was firm with the batting and scored 23 crucial runs for his team, I'm hoping that he takes over 4 wickets in the second innings and remains in the mom contender list

fairfranco
Stallion
Tips

Postby fairfranco » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:45 am

Hey Johnny.

Been an interesting test this, after Sri Lanka continued their awful batting back on familiar conditions after their English excuses they produced a great display 2nd innings, particularly Mendis who batted brilliantly.

As it stands with Australia 83/3 needing 185 I'm fancying a Sri Lanka win. A good knock from someone good do it for Australia but I fancy on a well worn day 5 pitch with Herath bowling most of the day against an Aussie side that continue to struggle against spin that it will be too much for them to chase.

Should be an interesting final day anyway.

I'm assuming we won't get any more play today. Can't write off the draw either with at least a bit of rain or bad light affecting every day so far.

111johnny
Classic Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby 111johnny » Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:49 pm

Hi franco, Mendis's innings has changed the course of the game and now Aussies on the back foot however there's still chances of their win if Voges and Smith makes a partnership and I feel that they will do it. This pitch is not so hard to bat, Mendis innings is a good example of that so if both the batsman plays with their instinct than they will win. perhaps I'm wrong but I've a feeling that Aussies will win this match so let's see what happens.

fairfranco
Stallion
Tips

Postby fairfranco » Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:03 am

sorry to after time and come back in after the match johnny but the first innings reminded me how bad Australia cope with spin, especially when playing in the sub continent. That's not to say they won't win any games but they aren't going to be scoring big totals and they won't be chasing down tough chases in the 4th innings of the match.