West Indies v India - 4 Match Test Series - 2016

111johnny
Classic Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby 111johnny » Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:59 pm

West Indies hosts India for the 4 match test series and the first test is going to start tomorrow. Indian side have won their previous two series in West Indies and Virat Kohli's men will be favourite to count it 3. Virat is an aggressive captain and believes in winning the match rather playing for a draw so it would be interesting to see how he leads the team in this tour. This series will also be test for newly appointed Indian coach Anil Kumble. After so much controversies in the coach selection process, he will be little bit nervous in this era however he was a brave bowler and has a good relationship with young Indian players especially with Virat so I reckon that his experience will benefit Indian side.

On the flip side, West Indies performance have been below par in this form of the game in past 5 years. They have won only 4 test* matches in this time (against top 7 teams) and haven't beaten India in last 15 years. West Indies team lacks experience and quality while Indians did well in their last tour in Australia so considering this, Indian team is looking the winner of the series on paper however games are played on field so if you have any thoughts and recommended bets than please share in this forum.

Fixtures

Jul 21-25
West Indies vs India, 1st Test
Sir Vivian Richards Stadium, North Sound, Antigua, 14:00 GMT

Jul 30-Aug 03
West Indies vs India, 2nd Test
Sabina Park, Kingston, Jamaica, 15:00 GMT

Aug 09-13
West Indies vs India, 3rd Test
Darren Sammy National Cricket Stadium, Gros Islet, St Lucia, 14:00 GMT

Aug 18-22
West Indies vs India, 4th Test
Queen's Park Oval, Port of Spain, Trinidad, 14:00 GMT

Odds

India 1.19 Unibet
Draw 11 Betfred
West Indies 13 Coral

nellberg1
Classic Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby nellberg1 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:41 pm

Slow, low pitches mean I'm not too excited about this series. Have a small interest in Darren Bravo for top West Indies series batsman. 7/2 seems more than fair.

111johnny
Classic Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby 111johnny » Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:53 pm

2nd test match starts today at Kingston. this pitch is different from the last one which assisted spin bowlers so it's a sigh of relief for the hosts.

since 1998, not a single test game has ended in a draw here and fast bowlers average is 22.12 (since 2006), as pitch has little grass on its surface, I anticipate that pacers going to play crucial role in this match.

u19 wc star bowler Alzarri Joseph has been included in the West Indies team and likely to fit into playing xi considering the conditions. He's fast and hit the deck bowler so pitch should suit this youngster. I pick him to be top west indies bowler at 4/1 considering Indian batsmen often find life difficult against them.

Indian pacer Shami and Ishant will also play a big role in this game. Ishant is an experienced guy and was man of the match last time out at this ground against the West Indies while Shami has taken 15 wickets in 3 games against the hosts at an average of 18. they are 16/1 and 18/1 at bet365 to be man of the match and I think the price represents value.

fairfranco
Stallion
Tips

Postby fairfranco » Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:12 am

Might as well scrap the next 2 tests and play a few more T20's. It' be a lot more competetive as this West Indies side aren't capable of doing anything much here.

I expect a comfortable Innings victory for India the way it's currentlygoing.

backed over 415 and 470 when India were at 50 which seemed generous.

ToofanExpress
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby ToofanExpress » Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:27 am

In terms of betting have you ever tried weather helping you. For example at 3 to 1 it looks like draw is a very value bet with weather playing song. I remember a few times when chanderpaul or Samuels or Sarawan dropping dead the anchor in weather inflicted matches.

ToofanExpress
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby ToofanExpress » Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:51 pm

Hmm.. It did happen didn\'t it. Lol

elishamasih
Unraced
Tips

Postby elishamasih » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:31 pm

You're absolutely correct as India already got the lead of 2-0 and now the last match is left and that is also starts on:

Aug 18-22
West Indies vs India, 4th Test
Queen's Park Oval, Port of Spain, Trinidad, 14:00 GMT

India is looking unbeatable in this format and once again India proved that we are the King of this format. On the other side, West Indies also had the good chance to equal the equation as 1-1, however lastly India won the test.

Let's see what's lying ahead in this series, as India is already won the series. Still, West Indies do have the last chance to atleast get back the confidence by winning the last match, so that it will help the West indies in upcoming series.

fairfranco
Stallion
Tips

Postby fairfranco » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:31 pm

I wouldn't say beating West Indies proves anything much in test cricket! :P

Disapointed in West Indies 2nd innings last match though, they put in a really good effort 2nd match to pull off a draw, all be it with the help of weather early on in the test. Their last innings they batted really well though and survived on their own merit.

I backed the draw last test because of the weather and with a whole day pretty much wiped out it was looking good especially with Windies batting ok first innings but unfortunately they completely capitulated second innings.

Hard to really bet against an India win.

impressed with Ashwin's batting at the moment, I thought it looked a bit risky to have him so high up the order with 5 bowlers in making the batting line up look very short but his record partnership with Saha showed his value when the rest of the team collapsed.

111johnny
Classic Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby 111johnny » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:43 am

I wouldn't say beating West Indies proves anything much in test cricket! :P
yep, beating a second string team doesn't provide a world champ tag whether you play away or at home. This Indian side is full of talent but their pace department need to be more sharp and consistent if they want to beat England, Australia and Africa at their home.

Ashwin was a opening batsman when he started his career for Tamilnadu and averages 34 in fc cricket so I'm not amazed by his performance against Windies. He has salvaged Indian innings many times on foreign tours earlier in his career and has better average than Rohit Sharma so no doubt that Ashwin is India's trump card and Kohli should use him properly.

johnmiller
Unraced
Tips

India vs West Indies: No play yet again, wash out expected o

Postby johnmiller » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:03 am

For the umpteenth time in the last four days, umpires Rod Tucker and Nigel Llong took a long stroll on the lush outfield of the Queen’s Park Oval, occasionally pausing and tapping the pudgy patches of the surface with their fists. Each time they did so, they had the same resigned look on their faces, and after a brief consultation with the respective coaches, they decided to call off the day’s proceedings. By then, the match was beyond any contextual relevance, and must have felt like a patient in comatose, waiting just for the official certification of its death.

Kdsharma
2yo
Tips

Postby Kdsharma » Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:35 am

India is in good practice :
Now ashwin was also in good form ..now a days he outcomes with his talents to his zenith...its very usefull us to control the West Indies players ..leading batmans like rohit,kohli,who all will sure come up with theirs talent in this matches i think ...i am sure india wins the match with touch fight with the west indies ...congratulations both the teams...