IPL9 2016 - Discussion and Selections

castiyell
2yo
Tips

Postby castiyell » Wed May 11, 2016 2:33 pm

Yes,it's a bit surprising to see the odds go in favor of Mumbai even after RCB winning the toss and the inclusion of Gayle in the side.But it's mainly because of the trend that the chasing side has won most of the games and RCB's poor bowling.Remember KKR chasing down 185 and Delhi chasing 191 in Bangalore??
Nevertheless,sometimes the price changes don't make much sense in the IPL.

111johnny
Classic Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby 111johnny » Wed May 11, 2016 3:25 pm

now De Villiers gone too and the score is RCB 62/3 after 11 overs. Mumbai is 1.30 now to win this game which I reckon is a nice odds considering the lot of successful run chases in the IPL and their batting have good depth too.

nellberg1
Classic Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby nellberg1 » Wed May 11, 2016 9:30 pm

Sunrisers v Delhi tomorrow. I like Sunrisers here, they have home advantage, recent winning form and a settled side.

Delhi have lost their last 2, and the constant chopping and changing of their side may be becoming a hindrance rather than a help.

4/5 with Stan James looks fair enough.

fairfranco
Stallion
Tips

Postby fairfranco » Fri May 13, 2016 11:01 am

Mumbai v Kings Punjab @ Visakhapatnam

Mumbai as they often do have looked better and better as the tournament has gone on and they've pulled off results now even when Rohit has failed to score, a good thing as he's had 2 ducks in his last 3 innings against Punjab!

The bowling looks very dangerous and took RCB's strong batting line up apart from the start. Southee and McCleneghan are a fine NZ opening pair while Pandya has been excellent only going for 7 an over with Harbajhan also performing well add to that the unorthodox Bumrah and they have an excellent bowling line up.

Punjab have struggled all season with no consistant batting success. The bowling has at times been decent with Axar Patel, Sandeep Sharma and Mohit Sharma proving a very good India bowling set up. Overall however I just feel their batting lets them down too often.

A couple of bets for me here:

Mumbai -2.5 / 8.5 runs @ 1.72

I fancy a strong Mumbai win here and while i'm not often keen on backing teams with the handicap I feel comfortable backing Mumbai here.

50 scored - NO @ 6

a 5/1 bet that I like the look of here. In the 2 games played at this ground only 1 50 has been scored and I like both bowling line ups in this game. Both sides have had 9 50's each which is less than 1 per game and with Sandeep Sharma's record against Rohit they could take out the man that's scored 5 of Mumbai's cheaply.

nellberg1
Classic Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby nellberg1 » Sat May 14, 2016 12:11 pm

Carnage at the Chinnaswamy today. RCB 248-3 off their 20 overs. Feel for the punters who backed Kohli top bat, he scores 109 and it's no good as ABDV gets 129*!

nellberg1
Classic Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby nellberg1 » Sat May 14, 2016 2:58 pm

Very surprising tactics from Pune. They've lost 6/6 when batting first and Eden Gardens is usually a good place to chase. They win the toss and ... bat!

I remember their coach Stephen Fleming saying during the big bash that chasing was the best option, as their are so many variables in a game of T20, knowing what score you need is a big help. Strange he'd go against. I'd expect Dhoni to want to chase also, as he can be out there with the bat.

May be a case of a struggling side over-complicating things but so far it looks to have back-fired, 37/2 at the end of the powerplay.

Fredgarv
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Fredgarv » Sun May 15, 2016 7:33 am

I can't really see past the sunrisers and the Indians today looks like a good double and although it is short Warner MOM for sunrisers .

That was something else from AB yesterday proving he is the best limited over batsman in the world just in case there were any doubters .

Fredgarv
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Fredgarv » Sun May 15, 2016 4:04 pm

Bit unlucky with Warner MOM there me thinks.

MURTAZAP
Unraced
Tips

Postby MURTAZAP » Mon May 16, 2016 11:43 am

The cricket betting is the most tedious one.

Fredgarv
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Fredgarv » Mon May 16, 2016 12:03 pm

The cricket betting is the most tedious one.
If you watched AB and Kohli the other day with a awesome batting display and you still think cricket is tedious you will never like it each to their own I actually would rather watch a game of T20 than an England football international but that isn't saying much

Fredgarv
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Fredgarv » Mon May 16, 2016 2:34 pm

RCB won toss and field , I can see Gayle putting a big one today I know he has done nothing so far but surely this is a last chance saloon for him and he'll know it the price looks a bit big at 4/1 for him top bat Bangalore .

111johnny
Classic Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby 111johnny » Mon May 16, 2016 4:12 pm

It's a must win tie for RCB because if they lose than would be very very difficult for them to play the semifinals. They have quality and depth in the batting and world class chaser like Kohli. He's in terrific form this year and looking unstoppable at the moment so KKR bowlers have to remove him early otherwise they can't win.