Cricket Twenty20 World Cup Competition £100 to be won !

PompeyJim
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Cricket Twenty20 World Cup Competition £100 to be won !

Postby PompeyJim » Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:05 am

Current favourites and hosts India are bidding to become the first country to win the Cricket Twenty20 World Cup for a second time. This will be the sixth time the competition has been staged and India were the inaugural winners in 2007 followed by Pakistan 2009, England 2010, West Indies 2012 and current holders Sri Lanka in 2014.

Current second favourites South Africa have never made a World T20 final as yet and third favourites Australia reached the final on one occasion when runners up to England in 2010.

On OLBG we will be holding a tipping comments competition spread over the length of the tournament with £100 in total on offer spread across 12 prizes the structure being 25x2, 5x10.

http://www.olbg.com/tables/events.php?id=33

The winners will have the money paid into their OLBG real money account and can withdraw the money via Paypal or Moneybookers.

Please take your time to understand the entry terms below + ask any questions if you aren't sure.

Ante-Post tips: Please note that only tips placed in the duration of the event will count towards the prizes. Ante-post tips placed prior to the 8th March 2016 will NOT COUNT.

Entry:
You do not have to enter this event separately. If you are a member of OLBG then you just need to add tips (with comments) to the Cricket Twenty20 World Cup Tipping competition.

Prizes
There will be twelve prizes totalling £100 (25x2, 5x10). This prize fund is in addition to the normal monthly prizes which you can still win based on the criteria for other Cricket matches.

Markets Available
All of the markets available to tip on for the World T20 will count towards this competition as long as they fall within the actual dates of the event ( 8th March to 3rd April 2016). Only tips placed during these dates count.

LSP?
This means Level Stakes Profit. So it doesn't matter if you select a stake of 50 or 500 for these tips. If you place a win tip on a 5/1 winner, you will then have a LSP of + 5 points. If you then have three losing win tips, your level stakes profit will be down to + 2 points.

LSP>0, tips 5 or more
You must have a level stakes profit greater than zero and place 5 or more tips to have a chance of qualifying for a prize.

Tipping Table
The tipping table will be updated the following day as each market is settled.
http://www.olbg.com/tables/events.php?id=33#

Tipping Comments
Winning Tips without tip comments are excluded (all losing tips are included.) You must add good comments with sound reasoning as to why you are tipping each player or team when the tip is placed.

Poor comments, or short comments on winning tips won’t count. We just need a few good reasons as to why you are choosing the selection. 20 + words should be long enough.

Also no copy and pasting of comments - you will need different comments for each tip! If the comments are not deemed of a good enough standard then those comments will be voided and the tipster will not win a prize.

Comments will be checked and verified when the tournament has finished. If tipsters can make sure that their comments adhere to the rules, are clear, and written and punctuated well.
More and more visitors are reading the comments and following the advice via tablet and mobile so it’s imperative that the comments are of a good helpful standard as it reflects on OLBG, let’s show them the quality on offer!

FEATURES OF A GOOD TIP COMMENT:

- Facts and stats relevant to the match outcome

- Cricket news

- Value Odds

- Player form going into the tournament

- Style of play and match analysis

- Reasons for your conclusions

HOW TO ADD A CRICKET TIP AND COMMENT:

> http://www.olbg.com/members/maketip.php

> Click Tip Now on the Cricket section

> Pick Cricket

>Select T20 World Cup

> Make Your Selection.

> Add Your Comment (Minimum of 20 words of reasoned and helpful text that helps the reader.) Click here for the comment guidelines.
http://www.olbg.com/forum/topic5_44198.html

> Stake Virtual Amount 50 -500 (For this competition the stake amount is not important - but please make sure you have enough virtual funds for future tips.)

> Bet Type

> Odds (Take the price on offer)

> Confirm Tip

> Confirm

To check your tips have registered visit your current tips page.
http://www.olbg.com/members/currenttips.php

And Finally.....

We really want to find the top Cricket tipsters so please make your comments top quality.

If members know any Cricket fans who could be interested in the competition please invite them via Twitter, Facebook, email.

Red Harry
2yo
Tips

T20 WC 2016 - Preview

Postby Red Harry » Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:31 am

T20 WC 2016 – Preview
So the T20 WC is upon us, what started out as a calendar filler and money spinner, in the English cricket calendar, is now a fully-fledged part of the global sporting calendar. This format is too often compared to Test Cricket and belittled as lesser version of the game. This is wrong and ignorant of the fact it has developed into a highly skilled sport, with incredible skills in all disciplines of the game. The shots, the bowling and the fielding have advanced the game of cricket into a new age and the world loves it.
So who will win? Which players will light up the tournament? What new stars will be born in the heat of battle? I thought I would make the effort to share my own thoughts and tips before the real tournament begins.
Let’s start at the end, I think India are the most likely winners, with England or South Africa awaiting them in the Semi’s and Final. Continue to read to find out my reasoning and if you like, follow my tips through the tournament. I will let you all look up stats and tables elsewhere, I have taken them into my evaluation and below is a summary of my thoughts. Hope you find it helpful.
India
India benefit from home advantage, they are used to the atmosphere and the pressure it brings with it. The biggest advantage the conditions bring are the fact it brings players that are ordinary outside of India into the game.
Bowling – A good all round bowling attack, left arm and experience of Nehra, to the awkward style of Bumrah, India finally have a couple of opening bowlers who should not get battered in the power overs. They will be supported in the pace department by Pandya, who in the last few games has bowled at 140+ and taken wickets. Then you get the game changing Ashwin, my tip to be the top bowler in the tournament, he will be supported by Jadeja, who is much more useful in these conditions, with Negi in the wings, potentially a dark horse for India.
Batting – Probably the best front 3 in the tournament, in form and high strike rates. The small worry is the middle and lower order, I am not a fan of Raina, but in India he is a different player and along with Yuvraj (getting back into form) , Dhoni and Hardik Pandya, India have the line up to win from any position. Finally, this Indian side can field. In Jadeja, Sharma, Kohli, Raina they have fielders as good as any, led by an experienced and proven leader, with good team ethos and more experience than anyone.
• TIP - Prediction Group A Winners and Tournament winners.
• TIP - Top Indian Series Batsmen – Rohit Sharma or Kohli
• TIP - Top Indian Series Bowler – R Ashwin * Also top series wicket taker

The 3 Other Contenders
I only see 3 other teams with the all-round profiles that could win this, to win you need a good team, balance, experience, captain and leaders through the team. You also need just a few real game changers, who are capable of standing up in the heat of the moment. Finally there cannot be issues in the camp, from management, backroom staff to the team. Based on this criteria, I see 3 other contenders – South Africa, Australia and England (as the dark horses).
Australia are formidable in all forms of cricket but surprisingly not as great a record in this format. On paper they have the line-up, but look a bit deeper and you see some glaring frailties.
Bowling – how much will they miss Starc, and with him I think the magic required to win this. He was the reason Australia won the ODI equivalent, and I see no genuine replacement. Faulkner has regressed and Zampa is only just emerging in the BBL, no experience in India. Funny, but it is the bowling that I think will allow others to score more against Australia than would have been the case in the past.
Batting – Any team with Khawaja, Finch, Warner, Smith, Maxwell, Bailey, Faulkner and Marsh have to be respected. Not counting the all-round renaissance of Watson in the past BBL. So this is the clear strength and along with India I think this is the best batting line up. One small nagging doubt, both Finch and Warner are not the smartest against top quality spin, especially early in their innings. This could expose the chink in their amour.
Outcome – Outstanding fielding unit, they will get through if they beat New Zealand,They will not win it, as they still have not figured out how to play spin in T20.
TIP – watch out for a few MoM from Shane Watson
South Africa are the major threat to India, and I only see one chink in their squad, where is the quality second slow bowler, although because of the return of Steyn, they may not need it. South Africa battered India in the ODI and T20 leg of their tour to India. All the team have experience of the conditions from that tour and it was less than 6 months ago. Finally, most of their team have played IPL and know the conditions.
Bowling – the best pace attack in the competition, and Steyn is back, add Morkel, Rabada and Tahir, they are the best front line attack. Supporting them is Morris and Weise. As mentioned, just missing a decent second slow bowling option on certain wickets. And don’t say Duminy, his figures are deceiving, come the crunch he is wanting as a bowler.
Batting – AVB, Amla, De Kock and Miller the stars, but plenty now in the middle as well with Morris and Weise there to support Miller or Duminy.
Outcome – the fielding is never going to let them down, it is all about the hoodoo and form, if they confront that successfully, they should be the equal of India.
• TIP – AVB top series batsmen for SA.
• TIP – Tahir top series bowler for SA
England are my West Indies of 2012. The dark horses with talented T20 players, but I get this feeling that their lack of IPL and Sub Continent experience will come back to deny them in a key match, most likely in the finals.
Bowling – Stronger for Plunkett back in, and good left arm options in Willey and Topley, The real key is the slow bowling options of Ali and game changing potential of Rashid. Finally they have a true all-rounder with bowling potency in Stokes. The only thing missing is a, Malinga, Steyn or Starc, but maybe Topley might put his hand up.
Batting – The key for this England team is more in the head than ability. They have to learn on the fly and learn to read the situations. If they do and adapt to the conditions and noisy environments, they could go all the way. In Butler they have a true superstar, but I just wish Vince opened and Billings was in the team. What they show is the depth on the bench.
Outcome - Fielding is a weakness, they have to improve by a good 25% to have a chance. Along with lack of conditions experience, they will likely falter at the semi-finals or final.
• TIP – Jos Butler for a few MoM’s
• TIP – Joe Root top series bat for England.
• Tip – Adil Rashid top Series bowler for England.

As for the rest here is why not in short
New Zealand – No McCullum, leaves a gap in leadership and batting depth.
West Indies – No team harmony and will upset a few favourites but not set for the long haul.
Pakistan – quite simply lack any batting quality, wonderful bowling but no batsmen of class.
Sri Lanka – A team in transition and too many players lack the experience required.
Bangladesh – have not progressed enough to hold their own with the big boys, but capable of upsetting the odds in any given game.
All Others – there to make up the numbers but expect the odd shock when placing your bets.

* Hope you enjoyed the read and look out for more detailed tips as the games get underway.

PompeyJim
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby PompeyJim » Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:11 pm

Well done to nellberg1 and Wtrylika13 for scooping the top prizes with some excellent tipping and finishing the competition with LSP's of over 20 points.

Forty members placed the minimum requirement of 5 tips and finished the World T20 comp with a positive LSP.

The prize winners were as follows -

1. nellberg1 29.8
2. Wtrylika13 23
3. schneedler25 17.5
4. the rascal 14.3
5. skybluesam 13.5
6. Plasticninja 13.2
7. drcatalin 12.8
8. Fredgarv 12.3
9. whatarethechances 12.1
10. coolruler 11.5
11. TheAwayTeam 10.3
12. challa8 10.3

Thanks to all participating members, great content and tipping as usual !!

Prizes will be allocated to OLBG accounts shortly.

nellberg1
Classic Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby nellberg1 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:32 pm

Quick query, do I win double prize on this if I'm elite on cricket, or do specific tournament prizes work differently to the monthly ones?

Thanks in advance

PompeyJim
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby PompeyJim » Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:17 pm

Think it should be doubled for you, will check and confirm and sort it for you.

Congrats on top spot !!

nellberg1
Classic Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby nellberg1 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:04 pm

Think it should be doubled for you, will check and confirm and sort it for you.

Congrats on top spot !!
Thank you very much

Cheers for sorting the prize out :win: