OLBG POKER NIGHTS

FOZY
Group 2 Class
Tips

OLBG POKER NIGHTS

Postby FOZY » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:33 pm

Apart from Madbob and Scrat noboby else has bothered to voice any opinion on the finishing of the OLBG poker nights. I find it sad that a few who played regularly couldn't even make the effort to say sorry but can't be arsed with it anymore as I thought we had a friendly game. So good luck to everyone I'm sure I'll run into one or two of you on Laddies from time to time. :win:

Scratville
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Scratville » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:44 pm

Good luck on the tables mate, maybe Madbob has something up his sleeve after he's done all his "rushing" :win:
Horse Racing One A Day Winner April 11
Horse Racing One A Day Winner July 11
Football One A Day Winner Sept 11
NFL Handicap Challenge Winner Oct 11
Horse Racing One A Day Winner Dec 11
Football One A Day Winner May 13

madbobmagee
At Stud
Tips

Postby madbobmagee » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:13 pm

Well lads, yes I still have that sleeve of mine and I was busy with Rush today and what a Rush it was on Super Spewfest Sunday.

I'm putting a quick post on my weekly adventure which just ended and I'll put up my thoughts on it in greater detail on Mon eve. What a week.

nors
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby nors » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:33 pm

We had hoped that there would be more players and would like to thank Fozy for his running of the comp in recent months and prior to that burrfoot.

Unfortunately in recent weeks player numbers have been dwindling.

DannyCraig
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby DannyCraig » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:42 pm

Only just seen this.
I would have been keen to get involved from March onwards.
Is there any possibility of a poker league being restarted - happy to help if need be

FOZY
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby FOZY » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:59 am

Hi Danny thanks for the offer mate but we need to get a few more to commit to playing regular to get it started again. We could even go down to one night a week if that made it easier for people if anyone else is interested or has any ideas let us know. :)

madbobmagee
At Stud
Tips

Postby madbobmagee » Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:18 pm

Do you think it could work Foz? I mean OLBG themselves don't seem too bothered about it and must obviously pay little attention to it.

From nors above;
Unfortunately in recent weeks player numbers have been dwindling.

You and I know how incorrect that statement is. OLBG are a missing a trick with poker around here and they could eventually make very good affiliate money. I was going to propose an idea but why should I waste my time and effort in order to make someone else a ton of money.

nors
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby nors » Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:29 pm

We would like more players to get involved in Poker and have promoted Poker by e mail and in community news, we have discussed with Ladbrokes further support for Poker.

I have been speaking to Fozy in relation to numbers and he is as disappointed as we are in dwindling numbers.

OLBG do not want the Poker Nights to stop but it has to be supported by members.

If you have a good idea madbob or anyone has an idea on getting more members involved, OLBG will support it.

DannyCraig
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby DannyCraig » Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:09 pm

Surely the only way to grow this side of the business is to have an active tournament regardless of how many entrants you may get?

I'm sure there are new people joining the site every day who could be interested in getting involved if advertised in the appropriate manner.

What were the typical numbers you were getting per game then?

Scratville
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Scratville » Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:13 pm

It Slumped to 2 or 3 towards the end, I think if we could all agree on a day/time we could get a steady 6 and hopefully build on that but the problem is the day/time. :?
Horse Racing One A Day Winner April 11
Horse Racing One A Day Winner July 11
Football One A Day Winner Sept 11
NFL Handicap Challenge Winner Oct 11
Horse Racing One A Day Winner Dec 11
Football One A Day Winner May 13

DannyCraig
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby DannyCraig » Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:40 pm

Well I am available every Monday, Tuesday & Sunday evenings. Every other week I would expect to be available on a Thursday too.

I can't see how you only get a handful of people regularly from a website that has over 100,000 members?

All I can say is if this is not dead in the water, count me in from the beginning of March.

Maybe the format needs to be looked at to keep people interested?

FOZY
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby FOZY » Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:20 pm

Cheers guys have started a new thread to see if we can keep it going can you post any ideas on there and :hope: something can be worked out.