OLBG POKER NIGHT - April 2012

burrfoot
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby burrfoot » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:55 pm

Another quality game tonight so big congrats all round!!!

I used it to vent my frustration at inferior games and the run bad they incur.. I also picked up another few pearls of betting wisdom from the degen that is Zaggy!! :win:

I had a 2 or 3 goal bet on the madrid game and it looked ok(ish) at half time - however Madrid decided to score another 2 goals (at least - turned off the ****** *edit = 3 - who'da thought!!) however by the time my bet was bust I was heads up with Sean..

After a bit of to'n & fro'n with him I managed to hit a flop and get them all in.. well played m8 - was a great H/U :win:

The April league remains tight and exciting so keep it up heroes !!

:nap: Burrfoot $15

:nb: Sean85 $9

:3: noddy $6

THe leaderboard has been updated and Monday's game is open for business... have a great w.end folks :kiss:
Last edited by burrfoot on Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zagreb
Stallion
Tips

Postby zagreb » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:02 pm

Well done Burr on a fine win and also to Noddy and Sean for making the money :)

As for the "pearls" i thank you for your kindness :) I will try to be your Yoda, young Burr, may the odds be with you young jedi :x :D

burrfoot
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby burrfoot » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:01 pm

results for 23/4/12:

:nap: Quasi $12.50

:nb: FOZY $7.50

:3: Barry1958 $5

Wide open tonight so get 'er lit heroes :kiss:

mind the winner posts the results.. preferably on the night of the game.. tuttut Q :P

quasi
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby quasi » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:19 pm

cheers bur just clean fergot to post
cheers pal

Q

noddy1
Listed Class
Tips

thursday night results

Postby noddy1 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:44 pm

another great game lads results follows

:nap: noddy $17.50
:nb: cxkev $10.50
:3: quassi $7

at least got bragging rights at work tomoz :lol: quassi

burrfoot
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby burrfoot » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:18 am

excellent play fellas especially noddy :win: :win:

i got my tactics spectacularly wrong.... thought it was the last game of the month!! :shock: :oops:

lol

still one to go and its open for business... come & have a go if you think you're hard enough.....

:kiss:

burrfoot
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby burrfoot » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:19 pm

:shock:

There was more than just the premiership on the line tonight... going into the last game of April it was mathematically possible for Barry or myself to win the €60 prize..

However Quasi was standing tall at the top.. desparate times call for desparate measures and when it reached the 4 handed bubble I made sure i was all in as many times as possible when Q was in the pot, hoping he would fold... in the end Barry hit top pair with his AK and allowed Q to catch up just enough get caught with his AQ hitting on the turn..

3 way was a tense affair until it went all in on a A K Q flop... Barry showed KQ and Fozy had A10... two 4s gave Fozy a better 2 pair and Barry was out in 3rd, leaving only me with the chance to steal the month..

Heads up was a monster and my heart was in my mouth.. I cant pick out any single hand that swung it... it was just pressure pressure pressure from the champ..

However I managed to hang on and get the result - great game and I always love the thrill of heads up on our nights when fortunate to get there
:P

Very well played Fozy and Barry... a new month come Thursday, only this time Mrs Fozy isnt takin the champ away so its gonna be game on again!!

Very unlucky Quasi - you deserved better this month, but the year's league will tell the tale :win:

We welcomed a new member in the form of bethewan1978.. AKA marc1978 (maybe :lol: )... wp sir and hope you can make it again :win:

Unfortunately - our resident legend - barry broke the bad news that he will only be able to play 50% of our games due to work commitments :( best of luck with it m8y

The leaderboard has been updated and Thursday's game is open for business.. a new month and a new €60 Ladbrokes tournament token up for grabs - so get involved heroes :kiss:

zagreb
Stallion
Tips

Postby zagreb » Tue May 01, 2012 7:38 am

Well done Burr on a fine display last night and also to "Mr Consistant" Fozy :)

Looking forward to it starting all again this month, even though work will get in the way :no: