RWC 2015 Daily Discussion/Line ups/Tips etc

scoobydoo68
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby scoobydoo68 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:36 pm

Romania look excellent value to beat Canada in my opinion, they have won their last three matches against them 22-20, 21-20 and 19-10 with two of those being within the last 18 month so its a clear indication of where these two are at right now.
I have enjoyed watching Romania play during this world cup, they aren't a pretty side to watch by any means but they do have a huge forwards pack, in the scrum they are immense and that is where gthis game will be won today, Canada just won't be able to compete.

Romania win 11/8

DOCKYSHER007
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby DOCKYSHER007 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:26 pm

scotland is a tough game to call with handicap as scotland will be under a lot of pressure in this game and samoa will want to gain some pride back after a very poor perfoemance against japan. Samoa are a very proud rugby nation and i dont tink they will just want to get on plane home, they will be up for the match to restore some pride after such a poor last game. Dont be surprised if samoa push scotland close here, stranger things have happened.

It a no bet for me cus my head says scotland shud cover handicap but my heart says samoa have a big performance in them.

Canada have being very good in defeat to italy and france and they play exciting rugby. Van der Merwe scored a try in each game so far and has being sensational in this WC, il be backing him to score a try anytime at 7/5.
Romania are tough team and it hard game to call for win purpouses IMO.
Van Der Merwe, what a player. LEGEND :win: was great price 7/5, creates history by scoring in all 4 games in world cup, amazing.

jaydubs
Stallion
Tips

Postby jaydubs » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:31 pm

Docky, the handicap does look about right ... my worry is if Fiji throw it around to go out with a bang they could score 50 easily... but on the other hand Uruguay are sure to score 10-15 if the do throw it around and make mistakes....

the one thing that stands out is its mainly backs that have scored against Uruguay and particularly the midfield that have been picked apart ...

I like Goneva to get some tries and may be worthwhile at 11/1.... he is evens for anytime tryscorer ... he scores plenty of tries for both Leicester and Fiji... looked sharp v Australia

DOCKYSHER007
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby DOCKYSHER007 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:45 am

The Handicap on South Africa match seems quiet big at 42 points, south africa have being impressive since there shock defeat to japan, but they were always goin come out and put on a performance who ever they played in next game after the huge disappointment against japan.
They didnt score as much as some people expected ashainst a second string scotland tho, they are a less expansive rugby team than the other top teams in WC, they rely more on brut strenght and size to get over game line and bully oppenents into submission.
The Usa have a solid scrum and will be up for physical side of it.
Once south africa secure the win and bonus point in this game I dont think they will kept pushing as hard for points as they will have one eye on quarter-final, I think the USA can keep it below 40 points.
:win:

Another thing to add is USA have had a weeks rest while south africa have just two changes from team that played scotland 4 days ago. South africa havent had a chance to rest their top players yet.

DOCKYSHER007
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby DOCKYSHER007 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:41 pm

WOW I got that wrong, South africa so so impressive, best performance by any nation so far in WC. Looks like the shock by japan in first game set them up perfectly for rest of WC, they get 11 days rest now until Quarter Finals.

First time in 28 years USA were held scoreless, no way did I tink south africa wud score 50 points in 2nd half :shock:

Makes me rethink scotland v samoa as scotland did very well wit second string to hold SA to 18 points

salop27
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby salop27 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:38 am

New Zealand v Tonga tonight.
Handicap is about -42.5 N.Z.
All Blacks have won 3 out of 3 matches so far, they've never lost a pool game in any RWC, but can they actually beat the handicap tonight?
Winning margin from the last 3 matches was 10 points(Argentina), 44 points(Namibia) and 33 points(Georgia).
None of the above results managed to cover the handicap in N.Z.s favour.
The last 2 games have been very frustrating to watch with patches of brilliance mixed in with terrible handling.
Recent results would suggest to back Tonga at +42.5 but its always a brave person to go against New Zealand.
However, with the ABs current form it seems the more sensible bet to take Tonga +42.5 at 1.8 or +41.5 ay 1.9.

DOCKYSHER007
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby DOCKYSHER007 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:22 pm

New Zealand V tonga
At first look the handicap of +42 looks well in tongas favour, new zealand have being kept well within the handicap in all 3 of their games, they have yet to hit top gear in this WC and they will have one eye on the quarterfinal. In 2011 they beat tonga by 31 in first game of WC. Tonga also beat france in last game of WC from them in 2011. Its being reported that new zeland are holding back their best plays and big performances for knockout stages.

On the other hand Tonga have being awful and gave away so many easy penalties and made so many mistakes in games in this WC. If New zealand turn up and put in their first real big performance of WC they could win this by over 50, sanchez in last game ripped Tonga apart. Tonga also have 6 players starting who have played every match in WC so they will tire as game goes on.

The handicap in this match is too hard to call for me but one bet I really like is Ma,a Nonu to score a try anytime at evens.
It is his last WC and he has being one of New zealands best players for years, he is 33 now but still retains his speed and quick change of direction.
He wins his 100th cap today, so he will want to cap it with a try and he will be fresh as he only has played a few minutes so far in WC.

Ma,a Nonu to score a try anytime at evens

DOCKYSHER007
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby DOCKYSHER007 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:13 pm

Ma,a Nonu got da last try lasnite to round off his 100th cap :win:

Good call on handicap Salop, I bet u were sweating near end of game!!!ha

Samoa v Scotland
Once again it a tough game to call on handicap, -13 is a lot for scotland to cover.
Last time these two meet, samoa won bak in 2013, the 3 meetings before that scotland won by +9, +7 and +1. Samoa have a good team and shud not be taken lightly, they beat USA in first game before getting beat convincingly by SA but SA were out for revenge after their shock loss to japan and samoa were only 17-6 down at halftime in that game.
Samoa were very poor against japan and lost by 23 even tho they only conceded 1 try but their discapline was terrible givin away so many penalties. Scotland beat japan convincingly in the end but they were lucky to meet a tired japan team and was only when japan got tired that scotland pulled away. Again against the USA scotland were behind at half-time but they pulled away in second half impressively. Scotland got mauled against SA and did well with second string side to kep score down.Dont forget scotland lost at home to Italy in 6 nations and all the pressure is on scots in this game. If it close with 20o mins left scotland wont be pushing for tries.

On the other hand samoa have being awful and there are rumours of discontent in their camp and players not happy with management and I tink dat showed in last game. So will samoa turn up??? If they do they could push scotland close but if they dont scotland will cover handicap!!

Il leave da handicap alone in this game and go for anoder successful anytime try scorer bet.
Tommy seymor the flying winger at 6/4, he is in top form and has scored in his last 3 games, he got 1 against japan and SA, he didnt play v USA and he also scored in scots last warm up game before WC.

tomario
At Stud
Tips

Postby tomario » Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:25 pm

Australia V Wales

Australia +13 @6/4
wales were lucky against England, they were beaten until England made some disastrous subs. England were duly hammered by Australia. so it follows that wales are going to be slaughtered today and by the end of the match, that +13 will look very generous as i expect Australia to win by at least 20+ points
Never pay for tips, you've got OLBG!.

DOCKYSHER007
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby DOCKYSHER007 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:29 pm

Ma,a Nonu got da last try lasnite to round off his 100th cap :win:

Good call on handicap Salop, I bet u were sweating near end of game!!!ha

Samoa v Scotland
Once again it a tough game to call on handicap, -13 is a lot for scotland to cover.
Last time these two meet, samoa won bak in 2013, the 3 meetings before that scotland won by +9, +7 and +1. Samoa have a good team and shud not be taken lightly, they beat USA in first game before getting beat convincingly by SA but SA were out for revenge after their shock loss to japan and samoa were only 17-6 down at halftime in that game.
Samoa were very poor against japan and lost by 23 even tho they only conceded 1 try but their discapline was terrible givin away so many penalties. Scotland beat japan convincingly in the end but they were lucky to meet a tired japan team and was only when japan got tired that scotland pulled away. Again against the USA scotland were behind at half-time but they pulled away in second half impressively. Scotland got mauled against SA and did well with second string side to kep score down.Dont forget scotland lost at home to Italy in 6 nations and all the pressure is on scots in this game. If it close with 20o mins left scotland wont be pushing for tries.

On the other hand samoa have being awful and there are rumours of discontent in their camp and players not happy with management and I tink dat showed in last game. So will samoa turn up??? If they do they could push scotland close but if they dont scotland will cover handicap!!

Il leave da handicap alone in this game and go for anoder successful anytime try scorer bet.
Tommy seymor the flying winger at 6/4, he is in top form and has scored in his last 3 games, he got 1 against japan and SA, he didnt play v USA and he also scored in scots last warm up game before WC.
Seymor gets his try to make 3/3 anytime try scorer bets :win:
Scotland very lucky IMO could have easily lost da game

Decoro54
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Decoro54 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:24 pm

Great watch this Wales Australia match, some brilliant defending from the aussie wit 2 men in the bin.

DOCKYSHER007
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby DOCKYSHER007 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:06 pm

It has being a WC with story of the underdog covering the handicap but in next game I will go against that and wil back england -61. I expected the handicap to be bigger in this game cus uruguay a mostly amateur side will be tired.

Uruguay gave evryting in their last game, with a short turn around they will be mentally and physical exhausted. Austraila beat them by 62 and england will be out to banish the memories of this WC, I feel sorry for uruguay tonite as england will want to put up a massive score.
I fully expect england to cover da handicap here and will have my largest bet so far in WC on it.
England -61 at Evens :win: