European Masters

horsetaylor
At Stud
Tips

European Masters

Postby horsetaylor » Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:16 pm

Some quality round two matches are being played tomorrow for round two of the European masters.

Mark Davis v Liang Wenbo
Wenbo is becoming a fast improver in the game and is considered to be one of the leading players from eastern shores. Many bookmakers are pricing up Wenbo on his recent prominence to the snooker ranks. He is finally fulfilling his improvement and so he should. He is a player who can break build extremely well. His safety play however leaves something to be desired. The bookmakers seemed to have priced this up on recent showings from Wenbo against Davis. However, Davis was completely in control against Shaun Murphy in round one and that will definitely push him forward. It will be first to four and tomorrows play will definitely be better suited to the experience of Davis. While he does look tasty to play at 6/5 to win the match, Wenbos talent does warrant Davis to have an odds against price. I think that +1.5 on the handicap priced at 8/13 is definitely a price worth taking. Gifting a one frame lead to Davis could prove key and our odds are in our favour.

Anthony Mcgill v Scott Donaldson
This has to be one of the most interesting matches of the day and for me i do believe that the bookmakers have found this one notoriously difficult to price up. Anthony Mcgill has been given a price of 2/5. That is a very short price against Scott Donaldson who is just as good as Anthony Mcgill however does not play as many tournaments. Donaldson is definitely worth a wager at 2/1 generally. There is only one head to head match recorded between these two and it was 5-3. But that does not allow odds of 2/5 for Mcgill and there is plenty of value to be had in backing donaldson at 2/1.

BACK MARK DAVIS +1.5 @ 8/13
BACK SCOTT DONALDSON @ 2/1[/b]

richmiester
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby richmiester » Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:51 pm

Been following it this week and the semi finals looking a good line up. Mark Selby and Judd Trump both face each other having won both their last two rounds 4-0.
Trump is evens to beat Selby and I do fancy him to beat him. Trump tends to be hot and cold with his form but when he is in form he is very good and he does have a good record against Selby.
Twitter: richwarner123