2015 World Snooker Championships

tbuckley
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby tbuckley » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:34 pm

you are spot on about Murphy Chimaira, he looks very confident and is playing very well, will take something very good to stop him getting to the final, although right now I still say that could well be Robertson who was sensational putting that 145 break together, again I say he's looked easily the best player so far and the most likely champion in my opinion, I had Robertson to beat Carter 13-6 so I wanted 1 more frame for Carter but that break from Robertson was just unreal quality, he never looks like missing and he looks as though he believes he will not miss anything he goes for.

For those interested I've done a blog on the quarter finals which start Tuesday, hope it helps in some way :-

http://www.olbg.com/blogs/post.php?id=408974

read the blog and you'll see I'm going with the favourites and going with ROBERTSON, MURPHY, O'SULLIVAN and TRUMP to win through to the Semi-Finals, it won't be easy for them and anybody is capable from this stage onwards but I personally think proven class and Crucible experience/form will give those 4 the edge, should be great quarter finals to watch though.

as always thoughts welcome
Loving it on OLBG, on twitter @tbuckleythinks :

Top 10 Football Tip markets

Football Tips Strategy to Win

Neptune Collonges
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby Neptune Collonges » Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:17 am

I'm getting very bored of Ronnie and his childish ways when things aren't going his way. I hope he gets beat by Bingham. I would be willing to bet that Ronnie would retire or at least take a break from the sport again if he goes out. Tedious.

Brownie3
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Brownie3 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:38 pm

Couldnt agree more about Ronnie, complete legend in my mind, but so boring with his antics, acting like a child.

The Shoes, the chalk, the moaning at the ref, and the walking around like a grumpy old git!

Micko70
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Micko70 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:47 pm

Hawkins/Robertson was a breath of fresh air, fantastic match, especially the final session, shame somebody had to lose

tbuckley
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby tbuckley » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:32 pm

Well my own ante-post picks and investments have now gone with Selby and O'Sullivan not even in the last 4.

If you told me before the tournament that neither of those 2 would be in the semi finals then I would have been massively surprised, but having watched plenty of the action, I must add incredibly high quality action, then it's a case of the players most definitely getting what they deserve from the tournament.

The Robertson vs Hawkins final session was immense, all those amazing big breaks, quite incredible to produce that level of snooker under that level of intensity and pressure.

Trump disposed of Ding as I thought he would, a bit easier than I expected but still did believe Trump would be in the semi final, indeed I thought that before the tournament started but thought he would be playing Ronnie.

He's not though and that's down to Stuart Bingham clearly playing excellent snooker and keeping his head, something that Ronnie couldn't manage, I took the risk in backing/tipping Ronnie O'Sullivan as I felt it was basically a case of he keeps his head he should go very close, but he didn't keep his head and it's already been mentioned how annoying all of the silly stuff from O'Sullivan was, at least we don't have to witness that anymore this year.

Shaun Murphy did his bit to give me some punting/tipping success by beating Anthony McGill 13-8 as I'd had at 8/1, I must admit I didn't see too much of that match but Murphy has looked very good and clearly must have been to beat McGill by that margin, great for Murphy to be in another World Semi finals, still great credit to McGill for his excellent crucible performance, he should have a great career ahead of him now.

Going back to my ante-post tournament blog then my main tips of O'Sullivan and Selby have gone, but that's not actually bothered a snooker loving friend of mine who happens to view Murphy and Trump as his favourite players and he told me prior to the tournament that he liked my reasoning for potentially considering Trump as the main danger in the bottom half of the draw and he also said how my comments about begrudgingly leaving Murphy out of the ante-post bets meant that Murphy's chances had probably increased so he backed them both Each Way at 6/1 and 10/1, he's now praying for a Murphy vs Trump final.

Regarding the rest of the tournament from here on in then I'm personally not going to have any more bets, I think it will be a Murphy vs Trump final but I honestly wouldn't be that surprised by any line-up for the final.

I'm just going to enjoy the action and see what happens, I'm going to be there at the Crucible on Saturday for the afternoon session of Murphy vs Hawkins and I can't wait to witness snooker live at the Crucible for the first time.

Well done to those with ante-post bets still going and hopefully somebody on here ends up with backing the winner, I'm just looking forward to watching as much of the snooker as I can, hope Murphy and Hawkins save their best for Saturday.

:win:

Wallsendlad
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Wallsendlad » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:10 am

Couldnt agree more about Ronnie, complete legend in my mind, but so boring with his antics, acting like a child.

The Shoes, the chalk, the moaning at the ref, and the walking around like a grumpy old git!
He also said in an interview, that once you have won the World Championship a couple of times, it's difficult to get excited and "lift yourself" for the tournament. Very very arrogant and exceptionally insulting to the game and it's players.

What a total prat that kid is.

Brownie3
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Brownie3 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:16 am

I think he's a typical floored genius, maybe he acts this way to help with the performance and image?

Anyway, he's been doing it for 15 years, so no surprises really.

Would love to know what all the other players think of him!

doc2008
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby doc2008 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:33 am

Mark Allen thinks he's a d!ck anyway.

@pistol147: Big thanks to @ronnieo147 as well for not taking the time to sign a few things for me for a friend getting married. Always the gent!!

If Hawkins plays like he did against Roberston he will beat Murphy. Trump vs HAwkins final for me @10/3

Brownie3
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Brownie3 » Fri May 01, 2015 9:57 am

Murphy is strutting around the table against Hawkins, 9-2 up, 10-2 is a minute by the looks of it.

Trump looked under cooked in that first session against Bingham, I like Stuart, but just hope Trump hasnt peaked a little early in the tournament.

tbuckley
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby tbuckley » Fri May 01, 2015 12:32 pm

Fair play to Murphy, he's a great player and I hope he goes onto win the tournament now but I first want Hawkins to at least put up some sort of fight tonight and storm the session 6-2/7-1 otherwise Murphy will get the job done tonight and my dad and I won't have any proper snooker to watch in tomorrows scheduled final session.

I've just been to the Crucible to ask what happens if the match is won tonight or if there are not many frames left, the rather lame response was that they put on an exhibition match if there are less than 4 frames played, it's something but it's clearly not what anybody booking a very expensive semi final ticket would want and wouldn't match up to the price paid.

Our package is not just exclusively snooker, also includes meal, drinks and photo with the World Championship trophy so at least I'll get closer to the trophy that Hawkins will, but clearly the snooker is the most important element and it will be massively disappointing if we don't get any proper snooker to watch as the packages were given to my dad as his retirment present from his colleagues after 30+ years of work for the same company and it's something they've had planned since last year, the tickets were very expensive and paid for by his work colleagues

Over to you now Mr Hawkins, time to remember how to play snooker and win most of the frames tonight, got to be Hawkins winning session 6-2 at least tonight..........

Brownie3
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Brownie3 » Fri May 01, 2015 1:39 pm

What package is that, sounds interesting?

Brownie3
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Brownie3 » Fri May 01, 2015 1:47 pm

Not been there for years and years.

Go to the UK final at York every year, thats a decent set up.