Wuxi Classic 2014

TeddyT
Classic Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Wuxi Classic 2014

Postby TeddyT » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:08 pm

The new snooker season is underway and the first major ranking event of the season, The Wuxi Classic, has already provided some shocks with World Champion Mark Selby already defeated along with John Higgins, Ricky Walden and Mark Williams.

The event is due to finish on Sunday and the last sixteen looks like this:

• N Robertson v M Holt
    Z Xintong v S Murphy
    M Fu v S Bingham
    A McManus v B Hawkins
    M Gould v R Day
    S Maguire v J Trump
    C Yupeng v R Hull
    J Perry v L Wenbo

This event was won last season by Neil Robertson who is the 5/2 favourite to lift the trophy again this season.
However the former World Champion looked in trouble at 2-0 down today against tour new boy Michael Georgiou but Robertson eventually won through 5-3.

It would be good to hear from other OLBG members as to who they fancy for the first big event of the season.

TRowley007
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby TRowley007 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:50 am

Yeh I watched the final stages of Robbo's match earlier and he did get it together and play some good snooker in the last few frames to wrap it up. He'll be tough to beat for sure. Haven't had time to look at the draw or outright bets yet, or even check many of tomorrow's games, but just to say I'm very confident of a Robertson win tomorrow. I've lumped on a sizeable bet with Boylesports @1/3 because I just really can't see him losing to Michael Holt who although is a decent potter, just isn't consistent enough to match Robbo in a serious game. Having seen he played okay yesterday I'm sticking my neck out that he definitely won't lose today and 1/3 is great value. I'm going to bed now, so I'll leave it to others to look through the rest. Just realised since the game starts at 7.30 probably no-one will read this anyway!

TeddyT
Classic Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby TeddyT » Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:18 am

Barry Hawkins and Neil Robertson made it through to the semi-finals this morning both winning final frame deciders with Robertson looking very fortunate to progress in my opinion.

The most interesting match this afternoon from my perspective is Joe Perry v Robin Hull.

I have backed Perry at 40/1 to win the tournament but he did not impress me in his win against Liang Wenbo yesterday despite winning 5-2. A more disciplined player than Wenbo could definitely have beaten Perry who seemed all at sea when surrendering a 3-0 lead to be only 3-2 in front and was fortunate that Wenbo made some very poor shot choices once getting back into the match.

Perry faces Robin Hull today and in my opinion the bookies are underestimating Hull who is available at odds of around 2/1.

Hull has been in great form so far this week hitting three century breaks and another seven breaks over fifty.

On their current form there does not look much between these two players and therefore 2/1 about Hull looks well worth a bet.

joannemalone1
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby joannemalone1 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:29 am

Neil not happy with the conditions.