Snooker Shooutout 24-26 Jan

TeddyT
Classic Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Snooker Shooutout 24-26 Jan

Postby TeddyT » Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:54 pm

One of the fun events of the snooker season comes around this weekend when Blackpool plays host to the Shootout.

For those that don't know the Shootout is a one frame knockout for sixty-four players where each frame lasts a maximum of ten minutes and is played with slightly modified rules.

There have been three previous Snooker Shootouts with the following outright winners:

2013 Martin Gould
2012 Barry Hawkins
2011 Nigel Bond

None of the above would have been easy to find and the difficulty in finding the 2014 winner is shown by the bookies going 16/1 the field.

The Shootout is a really entertaining event and must be a great atmosphere if you can make it to Blackpool.

If any of our members are going or have any idea who might win the event please let us know here.

puxakov
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby puxakov » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:46 pm

I have gone for 2 players who both know how to play at pace and are excellent potters! As they will be must have skills in this format! Safety won\'t be as important!

Mark Allen @ 18/1
Shaun Murphy @ 25/1

It\'s a lottery really this tournament! But should make for some fun viewing!
Up The Tigers! :-)

joannemalone1
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby joannemalone1 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:05 pm

Shaun Murphy has lost all three matches he has played in this tournament he is playing Robert Milkins who has a good record in this tournament winning 8 matches from 11 got to the final in 2011.

puxakov
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby puxakov » Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:24 pm

Yeah I know. But it\'s just a lottery still really!

Plus the loses will make him all that more determined to put in a good show this time around!

Allen has got to the latter stages of this event. But I won\'t be shocked if he goes out early.

Like I said, it\'s a lottery. Just look at the past winners.

joannemalone1
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby joannemalone1 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:36 pm

Hard to pick a winner in this has to be some value at the bigger prices 1/4 the odds first four.

TeddyT
Classic Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby TeddyT » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:41 pm

I agree joannemalone1 - I'd be looking at some of the players at above 33/1 @ 1/4 odds to reach semis.

Not a player I am a fan of but Ryan Day has drawn rank outsider Steve Davis in the first round and is available at 40/1 to win the event. Obviously in this format he is no certainty to beat Davis but he is as short as 8/15 to do so with one firm and would then have to win just three more matches to make the semis. Not impossible.

I may back Day but the one bet I have had so far is a small each-way bet on Michael Holt. 66/1 with Ladbrokes, I remember Holt playing quite well previously in this event and he seems to be playing with more consistency and determination this season.

It's the sort of event to keep stakes to an absolute minimum but really good entertainment if you like your snooker. Watching how the match betting changes on Betfair is a real eye opener as well.

Good luck to anyone betting on this event.

puxakov
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby puxakov » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:45 pm

I\'ll be also having a small Each Way bet on Jack Lesowski @ 33/1 and Luca Brecel @ 50/1.

I love my snooker, so small stakes on the 4 selections will hopefully add to my interest over the weekend.

Good luck all ðŸ‘

drobgod
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby drobgod » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:30 pm

I believe I read somewhere that the shot clock is only ten seconds from the start this time. Didn't it used to be 15 secs for the first half of the match and then go to 10 secs nearer the end?

Not sure who that favours to be honest, but it's a fun tournament and should be treated as such with stakes kept lower than normal.

KanKeano
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby KanKeano » Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:40 pm

Think I say this every season but this tournament is an absolute lottery.

Also, I'm not in favour of this 'Darts' crowd they are encouraging for the tournament. Sounds bloody awful on TV & it's no wonder you're top players rarely do well in this format. How can you play well when some eijet shouts out at the top of your stroke.

Another Hearn debacle if you ask me.
OLBG Moderator

Twitter | KanKeano_OLBG

Owner of KanKeano Bears | SUPERBOLBG
AFC Conference Champions Season 5
AFC South Champions Season 3, 4 & 5

DAVIDADAN
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby DAVIDADAN » Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:58 pm

It certainly is! First time i,d ever heard of it, had minimum stakes on Thepchaiya Un-nooh @ 66/1 to win prior to start :hope:

puxakov
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby puxakov » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:36 pm

Well 3 of my original picks are out, but Mark Allen is now into 4/1 as tournament favourite! Happy with that.

Had a few in play small stakes e/w bets at the start of play tonight too.

Andrew Higginson 33/1
Alfie Burden 33/1
Mark Davis 20/1

So with very little outlay over all my selections I will hopefully be in profit by the end of the tournament.

Good luck all.