UK Championship Tipping Competition -£200 On Offer

TRowley007
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby TRowley007 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:18 pm

Never mind, hope they lose now! Unless I decide to put real money on them I suppose. This young boy Castle looks really good doesn't he, would be one of the biggest shocks I've ever seen- World number 2 and reigning champ beaten by a 15 year old!

joannemalone1
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby joannemalone1 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:27 pm

Shane Castle playing well looks confident around the table. Mark not at his best he plays better when the pressure is on.

man o bong
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby man o bong » Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:19 pm

Been watching Judd Trump today, and have to say he looks like he is getting his act together. Not being too flash in the early rounds and getting the job done
When you're told you can't do something, do it and prove them wrong

joannemalone1
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby joannemalone1 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:25 pm

Dechawat not putting any pressure on him. Xiao Guodong in the next round will be a test for him in good form and has won in their last two meetings.

harryevie
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby harryevie » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:18 am

I'm sorry but I cant seem to find the spot to view you guys comp tips?
Also, how do you contact a moderater on here? Cheers.

harryevie
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby harryevie » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:34 am

While I'm at it here I may as well say that Trump looks a lay to me today at 1/3 or less. Has not played well this last year anywhere and has nothing to show for his season.
To me, his natural talent is being submerged in the politics and the psychology of the game and he is underperforming.
IMO, this frustration came out in his recent remarks...which too me sounded like crabbing at insignificant things.
Just my opinion, I don't know him, but even interviewed on TV, he does not look in a happy place!

Can I still enter the comp with this as a starter!

PS Regarding the rules, Stats to me are not the " be all and end all" of punting and by stipulating these as a must...I think it can put of inclusion.
ie..My view here is qualitative not quantitative and I think it has as much honour.

nors
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby nors » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:10 pm

Harryevie: we tried to cover some options in the comment advice we give to members but there are obviously other pertinant facts and opinions not covered in the guidelines. We can see all comments, so if every comment for example on the snooker has "I fancy Trump/O'Sullivan because he is in good form" then we take action, but spread across different tips we can see who is posting helpful and varied info and who is not. Your anaylisis of Trump would count in the snooker comments, i think most members can see where a genuine effort has been made.

http://www.olbg.com/snooker.php

Facts And Stats Relevant To Match Outcome

- Snooker News

- Value Odds

- Player Form going into the UK Championship

- Draw Issues

- Head to Head records

- Style Of Play And Match Analysis

- Reasons For Your Conclusions

harryevie
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby harryevie » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:52 pm

Thanks for the quick reply Nors...Is there a place for comments to moderators rather than the site per se?

nors
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby nors » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:03 pm

You can send a message via the contact form at the bottom of the page Harry.

You can PM a Moderator.

You can PM me and i will pass it on to Moderators.

You can contact an organiser of a comp via PM.

You can ask a general question on the help pages.
http://www.olbg.com/forum/forum5.html

TeddyT
Classic Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby TeddyT » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:48 pm

I find Mark Selby a hard player to work out.

Sometimes he can be so flowing and easy to watch but at other times (i.e. like now v Tian Pengfei) he seems to make everything a grind. He seems a much better player to me when he allows himself to be aggressive. I will be looking to oppose Selby if he gets through this game.

Tonight's games all look interesting. There still seems to be some odd quotes flying around regarding Judd Trump and if they are true I'm not sure I'd want to take 2/7 about him beating a decent player like Xiao Guodong. I think I'll just watch that game.

Ronnie O'Sullivan takes on Adam Duffy for a place in the third round and on all known form this should be comfortable for the World Champ. Duffy has lost twelve of his nineteen matches this year and would need to step up considerably on his first round defeat of Barry Pinches to trouble O'Sullivan but Ronnie is as short as 1/50 to win this match so this is another watching brief.

I will be opposing Stephen Maguire in his match against Liang Wenbo as odds of 1/2 look to flatter the former UK Champion. Liang has been in good recent form after a slump last year and 13/8 looks a decent price given he has already beaten the likes of O'Sullivan and Robertson in events this season.

The most interesting match looks to be between Ali Carter and Graeme Dott. Carter has only dropped two frames in his two matches so far whereas Dott struggled to beat veteran Nigel Bond in the last round. Carter has looked in good form in recent weeks but stakes should be kept small here as Carter has been quite critical of the set-up of this event and one wonders if he might not be 100% focused if Dott were to pressurise him in the early stages. Even given this proviso Carter looks worth a bet at odds of 4/6.

SELECTIONS:

Liang Wenbo to beat Stephen Maguire @ 13/8 bet365
Ali Carter to beat Graeme Dott @ 4/6 888Sport

TeddyT
Classic Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby TeddyT » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:09 am

Worrying times for Ronnie O'Sullivan fans.

The current World Champion has been quoted on the Sporting Life website as saying:
"I'm not too bothered about my form. I'm just trying to keep my top-64 place.

"I've got £9,000 so far (here) and if I can win a few more matches it'll bounce it up a little bit more and then I don't have to play in so many events.

"I can have a holiday, sit at home and chill again, which is great."
This has been a long stretch of competition by O'Sullivan's standards who is playing in his third consecutive tournament and it seems the Rocket may be starting to lose focus. He looked distracted at times in his disappointing 6-3 victory over rank outsider Adam Duffy last night and has to get himself back up for another game this afternoon.

Marcus Campbell will be O'Sullivan's opponent today and the Scot has had two decent victories to get to this stage but odds of 9/1 about him beating O'Sullivan are probably about right.

If Ronnie makes it through this game he will play the winner of Robert Milkins and Matthew Stevens and either of those players could well give O'Sullivan a close game if he is not on top form.

What do our members think of O'Sullivans form so far in the UK Championship?

TeddyT
Classic Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby TeddyT » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:18 pm

Bit late with this but the match hasn't started yet and prices still available on Betfair.

Neil Robertson has been complaining about the slow speed of play and plays a real snail today in Li Hang. It doesn't seem to take much to get Robbo wound up and Hang took two frames off him the last time they met over this many frames and in that game Robbo made four centuries! If Robertson already has it in his head about slow play then he could get really frustrated today and Li Hang could be a bit of value on the +3.5 handicap if you can still get on.

Bet: Li Hang +3.5 frames