International Championship 27th Oct-3rd Nov

joannemalone1
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby joannemalone1 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:32 pm

Great call with Liang Wenbo played well from 4-1 down.

TeddyT
Classic Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby TeddyT » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:24 pm

The International Championship is down to the Quarter Finals and after a number of shocks the market is now headed by Ding Junhui at 2/1.

Ding has looked pretty relaxed in this event and appears to be playing a touch slower in recent weeks. This change of pace may be the reason why he has only lost once in his last sixteen matches. Ding has already won two ranking events this season and looks a worthy favourite.

That said, 2/1 is short enough and the worry for me is that he is due to play Peter Ebdon, a player renowned for frustrating his opponent and if Ding has one of his bad concentration days then we could have another shock on our hands. Ding had a 10-3 head to head record with Ebdon but crucially the Englishman has won their last two meetings.

Perhaps better value can be found in another player on a great winning run, Liang Wenbo.

Wenbo recently won a PTC event in Asia and has already taken care of Ronnie O'Sullivan and Mark Davis here in Chengdu taking his current unbeaten run to nine matches.

Coral go 12/1 about Liang lifting the title and that price looks way out of line as some firms have the Chinese player as short as 13/2. I strongly fancy Liang to take care of Graeme Dott tomorrow and that would line-up a semi-final against Ding or Ebdon.

Liang has a positive head to head record against both those players and 12/1 looks a price definitely worth taking.

man o bong
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby man o bong » Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:28 am

Marco Fu has come through against Joe Perry after trailing 1-4 and 2-5 to win a deciding frame to take the match 9-8

Ding plays Dot at 6am (our time) time in the morning in the other semi to book a final

Ding looks to be in the better form of the pair and would set up a good looking final.
When you're told you can't do something, do it and prove them wrong

man o bong
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby man o bong » Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:32 am

Trump is one to avoid at the moment imo. Perhaps the playboy lifestyle needs looking at?
With each passing tournament, i get a greater feeling we have a modern day Jimmy White on our hands with Trump

His attacking play is reminiscent of White at 21 but he loves the lifestyle snooker is giving him, too much for my liking, and i can see him replicating Jimmy in being the nearly man in terms of the Worlds.

The writing was on the wall the minute he went out and splashed all his Worlds runner up cash on a car a week later. I hope not as I have followed the lad since he was 10 but he is a player I simply couldn't bet on now as we don't know which Trump will turn up. Seriously, h should not be losing,(with all due respect), to 45 ranked McManus

man o bong
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby man o bong » Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:01 pm

So Ding held of Dott,despite a late flurry from the Scotsman to set up a great looking final

I have to go with Ding in the final but we wont be getting rich at odds of 1.40

Ding Junhui 1.40
Marco Fu 3.00

man o bong
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby man o bong » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:06 am

The final is underway and unexpectedly,Marco Fu took a 3-1 lead

Ding Junhuio has fought back to lead 5-4 at this stage and it looks finely poised

man o bong
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby man o bong » Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:56 pm

Match now poised at 7-7

I finally entered the Market backing Fu at 6/4,as he seems to be getting some momentum going

There have been 7 century breaks in this match alone from the first 14 frames,

man o bong
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby man o bong » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:33 pm

Ding wins through 10-9 after trailing Fu by 8-9, thought i was gonna get lucky having also covered the Fu 10-8 scoreline but not to be, a very good final however some some excellent quality snooker on show

All Asian final - The future?