PLAYER OF THE WEEK - WEEK FOURTEEN w/c Sun Aug 20th

undertherobe
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

PLAYER OF THE WEEK - WEEK FOURTEEN w/c Sun Aug 20th

Postby undertherobe » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:37 pm

Welcome to the player of the week thread for the week commencing Sunday August 20th. Last week of preparation before the US Open this week as well as the qualifiers for the final Grand Slam of the year

Events this week
Aug 20th - Aug 26th ATP Winston Salem (Hard) - ATP 250
Aug 20th - Aug 26th WTA New Haven (Hard) - WTA Premier

Please add the player you think will win either of these events along with 50-100 words of reasoning and the odds/bookmaker. Just ONE entry per member please.

Feel free to discuss multiple players & individual matches

The points scoring for this week is as follows:

If your player wins: 40 points
If your player finishes runner-up: 20 points
If your player loses in the semi-finals: 10 points
If you players loses in the quarter-finals: 5 points

A player's score will be doubled if their POTW selection is priced at 8/1 or over.

Good luck everyone :win:

titans choice
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Re: PLAYER OF THE WEEK - WEEK FOURTEEN w/c Sun Aug 20th

Postby titans choice » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:13 pm

Elena Vesnina New Haven cant find odds yet but will post when i do find them but if someone else finds them and help me out by posting odds i would appreciate it.
Picking Elena Vesina in this as i think she should make it to the semi-finals in this event as she has played here 3 times and she has made it to the quarter-finals 2 times.And in the first round she faces wild card Sloane Stephens and these 2 players have played each other 2 times and they have won 1 each but the match Vesnina won was on a hard court.In the second round she will likely face Lesya Tsurenko and these 2 players have played each other just once and Vesnina won it and it was on this hard court surface and she won it 6-3 6-2 so i feel Vesnina has the upper hand on this surface against her.In the quarter-final she should face the number 4 seed in this tournament Kristina Mladenovic and these 2 players have played 3 times that i can find and Vesnina has won all 3 and 2 of them has been on hard courts so i think she will likely win this and go on to face last years winner Agnieszka Radwanska..And they have faced each other 6 times with Radwanska winning 5 of them and 4 of them have came on hard courts.But there is a chance Shuai Peng might face Radwanska in the quarter-final and them 2 players have played each other 6 times and it is 3 wins each but Peng has won the last 2 and they both came on hard courts so she could beat here in this.And if she did it would help Vesnina as she has played Peng 9 times winning 4 of them including 1 win on a hard court so she has a outside chance of making the final here

undertherobe
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Re: PLAYER OF THE WEEK - WEEK FOURTEEN w/c Sun Aug 20th

Postby undertherobe » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:59 pm

Haven't had a chance to look properly at these two events so will be passing on a tournament winner this week. But 16 byes in the Winston Salem 1st round is ridiculous. Personally, I don't see the need for any byes in the 1st round of these events.

There's always plenty of talk amongst the governing bodies about the big gap in prize money between the main tour, challenger tour & futures tour, yet they repeatedly allow tournament directors to give free passes to the top players.

Give me 16 seeds in the Grand Slams as well. 32 is far too many,