PLAYER OF THE WEEK - WEEK ELEVEN w/c Mon July 31st

rustie
Group 1 Class
Tips

Re: PLAYER OF THE WEEK - WEEK ELEVEN w/c Mon July 31st

Postby rustie » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:16 pm

Kitzbuhel was a dead one for me as far as the champion prediction goes but still on for Washington and Los Cabos.

Seen five matches I like the look of:

Del Potro 2-0 @2/1 v Nishikori - Del Potro leads the head to head 5-1, has a tremendous record here and won his first match comfortably, Nishikori struggled to get over the line against Donald Young.

Tommy Paul @4/1 v Muller - Obviously least confident with this one but couldn't resist the odds. Muller pasted him in Atlanta last week but Paul had come into that one on the back of coming through qualifying and winning four matches from a set down so he should be fresher here. The stats were a lot closer than the scoreline and I think Muller will underestimate him.

Kokkinakis @2.2 v Fritz - Kokk has already beaten a couple of hard court North America players in Tiafoe and Polansky so will be prepared for Fritz. Should be a tight match and Kokk has won all three of his tie breakers this tournament.

Kohlschreiber @2.29 v Fognini - Kohl needed a good tournament and got one here. Leads the head to head 5-2 with a couple of clay wins and 6-4 6-4 when they met in Sydney this year. Fognini won a tournament last week so might struggle to give everything in this one after a couple of easy matches.

Ofner @2.75 v Sousa - Sousa has struggled for a fair bit and hasn't been at this stage of an event for a while. He has come from behind in his three matches and is another who may be fatigued. Ofner is in front of a home crowd, young and did well at Wimbledon a few weeks ago as well. He's beaten a couple of good clay courters this week and a ball basher in Basilashvili (who retired eventually) so I think he can win.

undertherobe
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby undertherobe » Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:41 pm

I'm all over the place with the tennis this week, the late action in Mexico isn't helping. Pleased to see Kokkinakis looking impressive, he can do some damage at the US Open if he gets a wildcard.

Nice call on Tommy Paul rustie :win:

Has anyone started looking at the US Open yet? With no Djokovic or Wawrinka, there's room for at least one new name in a Grand Slam semi-final

Emmasa
Group 2 Class
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Emmasa » Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:29 pm

Sorry I hadn't seen the message before. Montreal looks very interesting and I expect Isner to go deep

rustie
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby rustie » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:49 pm

Thank god Querrey cancelled out my losses for the tournament winners.

undertherobe
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby undertherobe » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:04 pm

A tough week all round this week with only rustie managing to get in the points. Here are the scores

rustie - Tomas Berdych @ 7/4 (ATP Los Cabos) - lost in SF 10 points
titans choice - Juan Martin Del Potro @ 10/1 (WTA Washington) - lost in 3rd round 0 points
claudiuovi - Gael Monfils @ 16/1 (ATP Washington) - lost in 2nd round 0 points
The rabbit - Camila Giorgi @ 18/1 (WTA Washington) - lost in 1st round 0 points
undertherobe - Ivo Karlovic @ 6/1 (ATP Los Cabos) - lost in 1st round 0 points