PLAYER OF THE WEEK - WEEK EIGHT w/c Mon July 3rd (WIMBLEDON!!!)

undertherobe
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Re: PLAYER OF THE WEEK - WEEK EIGHT w/c Mon July 3rd (WIMBLEDON!!!)

Postby undertherobe » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:26 am

Had a quick peek through today's 1st round matches & I'm all over Kokkinakis at 7/2. Del Potro's struggled with injury for a while and only played exhibition matches in his Wimbledon warm-up. Kokkinakis himself is on the road to recovery & whilst he was just 2-2 in the lead up to Wimbledon, he had a superb win over Raonic & his two defeats came against Daniil Medvedev who took out Wawrinka yesterday.

Sebastian Ofner at 9/4 against Bellucci also appeals. Ofner has the benefit of having come through 3 qualifying matches whilst with a 4-6 career record at Wimbledon & winning just 4 games in his only warm-up match, I'm sure Bellucci would want to be anywhere but here today.

Vasek Pospisil could be worth a punt at 9/4 also. Thiem has never past the 2nd round here and lost 2 of his 3 warm-up matches whilst Pospisil qualified for 3 tour events, reaching the QF in Holland & was reached the QF here 2 years ago

45/1 in a treble with Betway

Football DZR
Group 1 Class
Tips

Wimbledon WTA POTW >>> Kerber @17

Postby Football DZR » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:04 am

Top half of the draw is worth taking a chance of a player at high odds but with a the potential to find their top level of game and have a great week, Kerber the world number 1 and last years finalist only defeated by the absent Serena Williams is a candidate for this, with the first week and few matches just about progressing and then a couple a big performances in the 2nd could win this years title.

The same could be said for so many players this year other players at high odds in both halves but in the bottom half even after their wins yesterday @19 Halep @34 Azarenka are big odds
"retirement is dying" Arsene 1st April 2017!!! No Wenger killed the club 10 years ago :D

"Remember never trust an all time loser" :lol:

undertherobe
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby undertherobe » Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:10 pm

Nice to see some new entrants for this week. Only half the draw has been completed, so if you haven't picked a player from both events and your fancy is still to play, get those entries in.

The entries we have so far,

The Rabbit - Petra Kvitova @ 5/1 (WTA)
undertherobe - Marin Cilic @ 18/1 (ATP)
undertherobe - Caroline Wozniacki @ 33/1 (WTA)
johnvaljohn - Venus Williams @ 18/1 (WTA)
jockie c - Ashleigh Barty @ 35/1 (WTA)
rustie - Andy Murray @ 13/2 (ATP)
Football DZR - Novak Djokovic @ 5/1 (ATP)
Cilic, Murray, Venus & Kvitova all in 2nd round action today from the list above

undertherobe
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby undertherobe » Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:18 am

Sugita at 4/5 to beat Mannarino looks the bet for me today. Both players are in decent form on grass, reaching the final in Anatalya where Sugita made it 3 out of 3 against Mannarino on the grass.

Wozniacki, Murray & Djokovic all in action today from the player of the week picks

The rabbit
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby The rabbit » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:18 am

WTA Wimbledon

I'd love to see Agnieszka Radwanska win Wimbledon but she has not played well lately and has experienced some problems so it seems unlikely unless it is some cunning plan by her to save her best for this Grand Slam.

My choice is therefore Petra Kvitova 5/1 who has recently returned to playing tennis after being injured in a burglary at her home. She won the Birmingham Classic at the end of last month on grass and looks to have a decent chance of winning Wimbledon which is her favourite Grand Slam and she has won the singles title there twice. Slight worry about her lack of competitive tennis this year and she withdrew from Eastbourne due to an abdominal injury but that was probably just a precaution. She has a good draw and has regained her enthusiasm for playing tennis after suffering her bad hand injury and I think that she is capable of winning Wimbledon again.
Petra Kvitova lost her 2nd round match and suffered in the hot conditions with her lack of fitness and lack of competitive tennis not helping her. It may take more time for her to return to her very best form if she ever does as the mobilty in her hand is still not right.

I do not bet on tennis but if I did then I'd have a double on Caroline Wozniacki ( 1.41 ) to beat Tsvetana Pironkova ( who is good on grass but not as fast and as fit as Caroline and has lost to Caroline in all of their previous 5 matches against each other ) along with Victoria Azarenka ( 1.44 ) to beat Heather Watson as I thought that Victoria looked close to her best when winning yesterday and has defeated Heather Watson in all of their previous 5 matches.

One possible surprise is for Naomi Osaka ( 3.25 ) to defeat Venus Williams. Naomi does lack experience but she has taken to the grass. She has won both of her matches so far this week and played well in the 1st and 3rd sets yesterday against an experienced opponent whilst Venus Williams struggled to win her 2nd round match against a moderate opponent and may be having problems concentrating on tennis following her recent car accident.

undertherobe
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby undertherobe » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:11 am

Konta is now outright favourite for the women's at 6/1 with a host of players on 10/1. Are members convinced that Konta is favourite or is it just the weight of patriotic money that's made her favourite?

3rd round starts today, any thoughts?

johnvaljohn
2yo
Tips

Postby johnvaljohn » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:23 am

Konta is now outright favourite for the women's at 6/1 with a host of players on 10/1. Are members convinced that Konta is favourite or is it just the weight of patriotic money that's made her favourite?

3rd round starts today, any thoughts?
Her price may be a bit inflated due to home support , however she is playing well. And there are alot of girls that have a similar chance at this , i am really liking Vandweghe's chances of reaching the semi-finals. even though i picked Venus in the beginning of this tournament i am not sure anymore how far she can go. :no: :no:
Konta still has a bumpy road to the semis , today sakkari , then most likely Caroline Garcia , playing very well this tournament, then a tough match in the quarters.
You also got to give her credit for doing well under pressure against Vika , that was a good match.

undertherobe
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby undertherobe » Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:07 pm

Where's everyone's money going tomorrow? Not a fan of Middle Sunday personally, but it does set up a wonderful Monday where all the 4th round matches are played.

Disappointing to see the Men's Big 4 on the two big courts, relegating Kerber vs Muguruza & Azarenka vs Halep onto court 2 but there's only one place to be at 11.30 and that's on court 14 as Jay Clarke & Marcus Willis look to continue their WImbledon fairytale.

I haven't had a chance to look through the matches in full but Gilles Muller at 5/1 to beat Nadal is looking like my bet of the day

titans choice
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby titans choice » Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:41 pm

I haven't had a chance to look through the matches in full but Gilles Muller at 5/1 to beat Nadal is looking like my bet of the day

They have played 2 times on grass both here and Muller did beat him 3 sets to 1 here in 2005 so it was a long time ago but he is in decant form but Nadal did beat him 3-0 in 2011.

undertherobe
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby undertherobe » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:18 am

Given how open the women's game is right now, a point on all 8 underdogs today possibly isn't the worst strategy.

Radwanska 15/8
Kerber 17/11
Ostapenko 13/11
Martic 29/11
Konjuh 17/10
Wozniacki 13/10
Garcia 19/8
Azarenka 13/9

There's some good players in that list and even if you hit 50% with the 4 lowest odds, you'd still return about 18% profit

PompeyJim
Classic Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby PompeyJim » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:47 am

Not a bad strategy today undertherobe with the close nature of most of the match ups.

Azarenka v Halep should be a cracker, realistically two top 5/10 players going head to head despite Azarenka's current ranking due to being mum.

Another girl's ranking that is totally misleading in my view is Rybarikova's which admittedly after beating Pliskova's is easy to say but she was taking higher ranked scalps on grass prior to Wimbledon, 7 from 16 of her grass court wins this summer to be exact and another three of those wins were against players inside the top 100 plus the win against Heather Watson in the Surbiton final isn't too shabby on Heather's current form either, the only defeat remains against Konta in the semi at Nottingham.

My only play today is Wozniacki to sneak past Coco, i think Vandeweghe is probably playing slightly the better and has breezed through without being tested but that may be her undoing in my view. She tends to crack when things are not going to plan and despite Caroline having a couple of near misses with defeat it's that fighting spirit of Caroline's and solid play that may see her through. Coco may blow her away but can't really see it and if Caroline stays toe to toe with her at least I think she will finish the stronger. Those two matches where she has been a break down and facing exit showed her true grit and determination and that I think will be key here.

Good luck today.
OLBG Tipster Competition Assistant

undertherobe
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby undertherobe » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:08 pm

That 4th round record of 0-5 for Wozniacki is a concern, but I hope you're right as the Dane is my pick for the title