Tennis Fade List

johnvaljohn
2yo
Tips

Tennis Fade List

Postby johnvaljohn » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:25 pm

The reason why i bet on tennis , is because of the reliance on one player to do the job, there are several factors that influence my pick leading up to the game, but man times and times again there are competitors that just give up repeatedly during the contest , sometimes their brain shuts down, they start spamming double faults, start making excuses about the wind and lenses and all that stuff instead of adapting.
For me , i have officialy decided to stop betting on Kiki mladenovic , she is now on my fade list , i just dont trust her anymore, also the odds on here are not always great usually huge favorite to 1.5 , and at times near even to underdog if close match, with the availability of numerous ATP and WTA tennis matches , that will be present the day her matches will take place , i will not bother to even see her match up and check form , previous results , stats and all that stuff.
What do you guys think about this ? and who do you not like to bet on anymore? if there are any !!!

titans choice
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Re: TENNIS FADE LIST

Postby titans choice » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:41 pm

Gutted i was thinking of doing Tsurenko Each Way for this tournament last night given the head to head between her and Mladenovic as Tsurenko had won 4 and lost just 1 before the match today so she has dominated her in the head to heads between these 2 players so maybe not the biggest shock she won the only thing that put me off was all the previous matches was played on hard courts.

undertherobe
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Re: Tennis Fade List

Postby undertherobe » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:47 pm

Mladenovic is 13 in the world, has reached 4 finals alone in 2017 and before this week had a 31/11 singles record this year. She's not someone I'd have on my fade list.

I do see what you mean though but by the same token, tennis players are human. They have their bad days, they have days where they'd rather be anywhere but the tennis court, they have opponents who, for some reason, are always a bad matchup

johnvaljohn
2yo
Tips

Postby johnvaljohn » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:22 pm

Thanks for the reply guys. Just to elaborate, this is kind of subjective, i did not have the best of times betting on kiki this season , won me a couple lost me way more in times where a world class pro player should be better, at the end of the day, its tennis and on a good day the worst can beat the best, and theres alot of factors that come into play also.... But for the rest of the season im laying off on her , will have to see her form when grass tournments end..

xDWIDx
Group 3 Class
Tips

Postby xDWIDx » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:41 pm

Thanks for the reply guys. Just to elaborate, this is kind of subjective, i did not have the best of times betting on kiki this season , won me a couple lost me way more in times where a world class pro player should be better, at the end of the day, its tennis and on a good day the worst can beat the best, and theres alot of factors that come into play also.... But for the rest of the season im laying off on her , will have to see her form when grass tournments end..
Same for me regarding her, seems like she always loses when I expect her to beat worse ranked player who is also in worse form at the moment and shouldn't be a threat on the surface they are playing. BUT that is ladies tennis and only Serena has been consistent through the years and won most of such matches (but was always a huge favourite with minimal odds because of her dominance).

As for the blacklist, many players are weak in the head and I try to stay away from those or bet on them with low stakes or only in combos as 1 bad call by the ref or their mistake is enough for them to "tank out" the rest of the match and not even try to do something.

JustAnotherPunter
2yo
Tips

Postby JustAnotherPunter » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:25 am

The reason why i bet on tennis , is because of the reliance on one player to do the job, there are several factors that influence my pick leading up to the game, but man times and times again there are competitors that just give up repeatedly during the contest , sometimes their brain shuts down, they start spamming double faults, start making excuses about the wind and lenses and all that stuff instead of adapting.
For me , i have officialy decided to stop betting on Kiki mladenovic , she is now on my fade list , i just dont trust her anymore, also the odds on here are not always great usually huge favorite to 1.5 , and at times near even to underdog if close match, with the availability of numerous ATP and WTA tennis matches , that will be present the day her matches will take place , i will not bother to even see her match up and check form , previous results , stats and all that stuff.
What do you guys think about this ? and who do you not like to bet on anymore? if there are any !!!
If she lets you down more than she wins for you, rather change your betting strategy i.e. consider backing her opponents. Remember the odds for her opponents will generally be a lot better. I have seen something similar with Agnieska Radwanska and Angelique Kerber this season (have bet against Radwanska and won a little). Remember players play a lot of games and go through phases. Look at the resurgence of Rafael Nadal. I backed him on most of his clay court matches given his great form this year. Just like stocks, don't buck the trend. If a player is struggling, use that as your edge BUT you need to follow them to pick up on when their form changes seeing that players do recover from slumps - only a matter of time.

johnvaljohn
2yo
Tips

Postby johnvaljohn » Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:10 pm

Thanks for the tips guys, ive been working on creating a stable of players to follow every match.
ive only started betting on tennis since maybe march and still learning , while strolling through this forum ive found that people put fabio fognini on their black list, this was kind of the point of this post, i am used to betting on MMA, and in MMA there is a " fade list " , where the fighter is either too damaged to win anymore, his head is not in the game, he has a glass chin etc etc, and in that fade list its either dog or pass. i know that it wont literally translate to tennis , but is there any players you people tend to fade ??? what do you guys think about Jelena Jankovic? i used to remember she had a big name back in the day, still saw her a favorite this season , even though her record this season is bad ...

titans choice
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby titans choice » Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:51 pm

I think it is safe to say that Jelena Jankovic best days are behind her as she is now 32 and more importantly then that is her injuries as Nadal has proven this season at 31 that age is just a number but Jankovic who is a former number 1 has suffered a few back problems.And this is definitely her worst year playing 22 matches winning just 8 and losing 14 but last year was nothing special either winning 25 and losing 25 and she failed to win a tournament and the best she did was losing the final at Guangzhou to Lesya Tsurenko.You can never rule out a return to form i suppose but in my opinion i think it is very unlikely.But she might be worth keeping a eye on her when it goes into the hard courts as she made the final at Guangzhou and she also made the semi-final at Hong Kong which was also played on hard courts.

botev1921
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby botev1921 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:51 am

Advice from someone who has been playing tennis for years, watching it for even more years and winning on it for most of the time. This is not football or horse racing to have a fade list. Each tournament is different, each surface is different, each match is different, each week is different in terms of points to defend, each day is different, etc. In WTA tennis there are no favourites, there are no "world class pro players" at the moment. There is no logic, there is no form involved. You said it - hundreds of matches every day at WTA, ATP, ITF level - I have never had a player I constantly bet on or have ever acknowledged how many times I bet on a player never mind coming up with lists. This is way too much thinking into something that is way simpler, namely following the dynamics of the sport in the current moment in time. With no Serena, there are no top players and anyone in the top 200 can beat anyone at any given day.

titans choice
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby titans choice » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:32 am

Congratulations Botev for your performance for the month a LSP profit of +41.02 is extremely impressive.

johnvaljohn
2yo
Tips

Postby johnvaljohn » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:58 pm

Advice from someone who has been playing tennis for years, watching it for even more years and winning on it for most of the time. This is not football or horse racing to have a fade list. Each tournament is different, each surface is different, each match is different, each week is different in terms of points to defend, each day is different, etc. In WTA tennis there are no favourites, there are no "world class pro players" at the moment. There is no logic, there is no form involved. You said it - hundreds of matches every day at WTA, ATP, ITF level - I have never had a player I constantly bet on or have ever acknowledged how many times I bet on a player never mind coming up with lists. This is way too much thinking into something that is way simpler, namely following the dynamics of the sport in the current moment in time. With no Serena, there are no top players and anyone in the top 200 can beat anyone at any given day.
Thanks for the advice , ive also read some of your forum posts and blog , very informative thanks man ! :win:

Jack Bauer
Group 3 Class
Tips

Postby Jack Bauer » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:33 pm

Thanks for the advice , ive also read some of your forum posts and blog , very informative thanks man ! :win:
I don't think you should have a fade list or blacklist, why? The fact you have identified these players should be used in a positive way, why avoid these players, if they are so unreliable lay them.

Jack