PLAYER OF THE WEEK - WEEK THREE w/c Sun May 21st

undertherobe
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Re: PLAYER OF THE WEEK - WEEK THREE w/c Sun May 21st

Postby undertherobe » Thu May 25, 2017 7:24 am

A mixed bag for the thread yesterday with Del Potro & Ramos following Coric out. But Johnson & Gavrilova are still going strong as we head into QF day today.

Haven't been able to find anything this week really in terms of individual matches.

undertherobe
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby undertherobe » Thu May 25, 2017 7:30 am

I'll be posting the Player of the Week Thread for the French Open tonight. With two 128 player draws, I'm going to let members pick their player from both the men & the women.

Get your thinking caps on (especially in the women's were it's never been so open)

PompeyJim
Classic Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby PompeyJim » Thu May 25, 2017 8:12 am

A mixed bag for the thread yesterday with Del Potro & Ramos following Coric out. But Johnson & Gavrilova are still going strong as we head into QF day today.

Haven't been able to find anything this week really in terms of individual matches.
Quiet day for me too today, couple of surprises yesterday so err on the side of caution today. Only possibility for me was Raonic but very prohibitive odds and not sure he could confidently cover the handicap spread. If he were to drop a set I'm not convinced he would over exert with Paris around the corner, he tended to wave the white flag a little in the second set to Zverev last week in Rome, to be fair he was up against the tourney winner.

Gavrilova showed true fighting spirit in the deciding set yesterday when 4-1 down, hopefully a good omen ! :win:

Johnson has been progressing nicely, and now facing Zverev instead of Isner which i'm not sure is good or bad but was expecting it to be Isner after his good showing in Rome last week. Zverev may have a little more variety in his game than just the big serve of Isner.
OLBG Tipster Competition Assistant

undertherobe
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby undertherobe » Sun May 28, 2017 1:51 pm

We had 5 entries this week which was the most we ever had. Well done to The Rabbit for selecting Daria Gavrilova. She was one set away from winning in Strasbourg but at 11/1, provided a nice e/w payout to anyone who followed.

The Rabbit - Daria Gavrilova 11/1 (WTA Strasbourg) lost in Final 40 points
Pompey Jim - Steve Johnson 25/1 (ATP Geneva) lost in Quarter-Final 10 points
Emmasa - Juan Martin Del Potro 10/3 (ATP Lyon) lost 2nd round 0 points
Undertherobe - Albert Ramos-Vinolas 12/1 (ATP Geneva) lost 2nd round 0 points
Titans choice - Borna Coric 14/1 (ATP Lyon) lost 1st round 0 points