ATP & WTA Commencing 1-May

jbsouz
Classic Winner
Tips

ATP & WTA Commencing 1-May

Postby jbsouz » Mon May 01, 2017 11:00 am

1 PICK FOR WTA PRAGUE:

PLISKOVA-GIORGI 2:0 SETS @ 1.57 pinnacle
Pliskova really prefers quicker surfaces but is a clear favorite playing at home against half-fit Giorgi.

rustie
Group 1 Class
Tips

Re: ATP & WTA Commencing 1-May

Postby rustie » Tue May 02, 2017 2:19 am

Love having an abundance of tournaments on in the same week.

There's five matches i'm looking out for tomorrow.

Chung 2-0 v Marterer @2.25

I'll admit I don't know an awful lot about Marterer but Chung wins most of the matches he does win in straight sets and he was awesome in Barcelona last week beating Zverev and Kohlschreiber so I think he should win here in 2.

Tsitsipas v Dzumhur @3.1

I'm a bit fan of the Greek Tsitsipas who is only 18 years old. I saw him against Tsonga and Youzhny earlier in the year and liked him game. A bit of punch on his serve (though inconsistent) and moves very well for 6ft4. He's got a solid baseline game and a very good backhand while he's got good variety to his strokes. Dzumhur is having an average year and fairly beatable anyway.

Brown v M. Zverev @2

I'm aware that Brown did win a clay title in Bastad last year but this isn't going to be one for the clay purists. Zverev is in pretty horrible form in the last couple of months and although Brown lost to Tomic on clay last week, I think he's more of a crowd favourite and leads the head to head 2-0 anyway so I think he wins this.

Stebe v Pella @2.85

I was shocked to see Pella down at 158 in the rankings but he has been out of form in the last 12 months or so and lost a lot of points in the south american clay swing earlier this year which means he'll be feeling a lot of pressure in matches now. Stebe has had an injury hit career but is back on track and I rate him quite highly as he does possess natural talent. Both come through qualifying but I think Stebe at his home tournament could edge it.

P. Sousa v Mathieu @2.2

Sort of expect Mathieu still to win but I'm tipping Sousa. I watched Mathieu played Quinzi a few weeks ago and he just choked on BPs and lost a match he should never have lost whilst he's 35 now and not having a great year. Sousa is playing at home and has just won a challenger event in Italy so that's why I am backing him.

undertherobe
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby undertherobe » Tue May 02, 2017 8:18 am

Ryan Harrison is 11/10 to beat Garcia-Lopez today. Hardly set the world alight on clay, going 7-16 at Tour level & just 18-15 at Challenger & Futures level.

But he's had a good 2017, winning his maiden title and he looks to be enjoying the fact that he's no longer playing with the pressure of being USA's next big thing.

GGL is having a rotten year, going just 2-11 and even though the surface favours him, he lackw confidence and has lost all 4 meetings with Harrison without winning a set

undertherobe
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby undertherobe » Wed May 03, 2017 7:50 am

As a side note to this week's action, nors has asked me to start something similar to the golf forum's player of the week thread in a bid to encourage some more action on the tennis forums. Particularly as we're coming into a big summer of tennis with the French Open & Wimbledon in close proximity.

Individual match & tournament discussion will still be welcome but in addition, members will be asked to nominate ONE player of the week who they feel will win a particular event and points will be awarded based on how far they get (with bonus points based on price in a bid to encourage some value seeking).

I'll try and post up a general rules thread tonight where we'll also keep a running total of how everyone is doing and I'll aim to have each weekly thread posted on Friday/Saturday to give members time to post

undertherobe
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby undertherobe » Wed May 03, 2017 7:53 am

Back with today's action & I'm going to take a wild punt with Tommy Robredo. Despite his advanving years, the desire is still there as he's battled back from injury and whilst a lot has changed since he last beat Carreno-Busta, sometimes these young players show the old guard a little too much respect.

Robredo has won all 3 meetings with Carreno-Busta in straight sets and Marathon Bet go 119/40, he wins outright for a 4th time

undertherobe
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby undertherobe » Thu May 04, 2017 7:42 am

Nothing taking my fancy today. Anyone got any thoughts on today's action?

The performances of the Germans in Munich has got me thinking, does anyone place any value in home advantage?

Davis Cup & Fed Cup aside, tennis crowds are fairly respectful of both players but does playing in their home country get an extra 10% out of a player? Are there any readily available stats to view?

undertherobe
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby undertherobe » Fri May 05, 2017 7:38 am

Raonic is yet to drop a set in 4 meetings with Tomic. Clay is hardly his favoured surface, but Tomic isn't especially known for his clay court prowess.

Unibet go 8/15 for Raonic 2-0 but Marathon Bet go Raonic -1.5 sets at 8/13 which is the same bet

titans choice
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby titans choice » Sat May 06, 2017 7:26 pm

Did Pavlyuchenkova not win the Rabat event today as it says in my current tips that it does not end to tomorrow?