ATP & WTA Indian Wells and Miami

undertherobe
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Re: ATP & WTA Indian Wells and Miami

Postby undertherobe » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:27 pm

As good as some of the younger players have been in Indian Wells, it's the old guard that have prevailed once more. A Federer win will mean yet another Masters title for one of the Big Four and only Stan Wawrinka stands in his way. Unfortunately, an 0-9 record outside on hard courts and a 3-19 overall h2h record (all 3 wins coming on clay) means I think Federer will be crowned Champion.

I was surprised to see this is only the 4th Masters Level final for Stan.

rustie
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby rustie » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:28 pm

As good as some of the younger players have been in Indian Wells, it's the old guard that have prevailed once more. A Federer win will mean yet another Masters title for one of the Big Four and only Stan Wawrinka stands in his way. Unfortunately, an 0-9 record outside on hard courts and a 3-19 overall h2h record (all 3 wins coming on clay) means I think Federer will be crowned Champion.

I was surprised to see this is only the 4th Masters Level final for Stan.
Wawrinka has won 11 of his last 12 finals though, including beating Federer in Monte Carlo '14.

I do think it's a horrible match up for Wawrinka but Federer did lose to Donskoy only last week so you never know. Like most tennis matches, it depends on how well the player performs on the day.

undertherobe
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby undertherobe » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:58 am

This is one of the best months of the yeat with Indian Wells & Miami back to back although Miami feels like a high quality 500 event this year with Wawrinka, Nishikori & Raonic as the top 3 seeds. Federer is 4th & Nadal 5th as Murray & Djokovic rest ailing bodies.

The IW/Miami double has been completed in 4 of the last 6 years by Djokovic on each occasion. Federer has done the double twice, in 2005 & 2006, but can his body handle it in 2017?

Nadal has never won in Miami so can we get a rare Masters winner outside the big four?

jbsouz
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby jbsouz » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:56 pm

1 PICK FOR TODAY:

MIAMI: TIAFOE over KRAVCHUK @ 1.34 pinnacle

Kravchuk has big serve and nothing else, no results for him in US hard courts, really prefers quick European indoor courts.

undertherobe
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby undertherobe » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:45 pm

Becker to beat Mannarino at over 2/1 takes my fancy. He owns an impressive 5-0 h2h against the Frenchman and whilst the last win was 4 years ago, he's had a couple of decent wins in qualifying whilst Mannarino is just 2-7 on the tour in 2017

novak23
2yo
Tips

Raonic all the way

Postby novak23 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:11 am

Milos Raonic has open way to the atleast semifinal first against troicki 2-0 for raonic maybe one tiebreak then winner of M Zverev and donaldson Raonic better from both for a 2 class 2-0 for raonic next probably J Vesely vesely is tipical servis player raonic is more than that so Raonic win on quater final probably will play against G Dimitrov i tip 2-1 for raonic any way i think that Raonic will be in Final

undertherobe
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby undertherobe » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:30 am

Good luck novak. However, I can't believe you've failed to mention the fact that Nadal is in Raonic's quarter and is a pretty big danger to the Canadian's chances.

I think Kyrgios offers some value at 12/1. His head seems to be improving which is crucial in these big events and he'll need that improved mentality in a potential QF with Stan Wawrinka

rustie
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby rustie » Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:03 pm

Nothing worse than tipping a player who then pulls out with injury. Unlucky novak23

I like the nutcase double of Paire (Young) and Fognini (Chardy) to win at just short of 5/2 today.

undertherobe
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby undertherobe » Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:41 pm

Nothing worse than tipping a player who then pulls out with injury. Unlucky novak23

I like the nutcase double of Paire (Young) and Fognini (Chardy) to win at just short of 5/2 today.
Very frustrating when that happens. A few too many injuries happening for Raonic lately. I hope we're not witnessing something similar to Del Potro.

That's a crazy double rustie. It's stressful enough betting on one of Paire or Fognini's matches, nevermind both of them. Madness :D

Hope it pays off for you :hope:

rustie
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby rustie » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:24 pm

Very frustrating when that happens. A few too many injuries happening for Raonic lately. I hope we're not witnessing something similar to Del Potro.

That's a crazy double rustie. It's stressful enough betting on one of Paire or Fognini's matches, nevermind both of them. Madness :D

Hope it pays off for you :hope:
Paire didn't want to be there but Fognini was a money-maker with a tight one with Chardy. Caught RBA at 2/1 today as well which was nice.

Pre-match but I'm going to take a chance with Arruabarrena beating Konta 11/2. She come from a set down to beat Begu and dismantled Keys in straight sets so I think it's worth a punt.