ATP & WTA week commencing 20/02/16

undertherobe
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

ATP & WTA week commencing 20/02/16

Postby undertherobe » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:03 pm

A couple of shock winners on the ATP Tour last week with Dolgopolov winning in Argentina and Harrison or Basilashvili (game in progress at time of writing) winning in Memphis. Will the surprises continue this week?

ATP Tour

Rio (ATP 500, Clay)
Marseille (ATP 250, Indoor Hard)
Delray Beach (ATP 250, Hard)

WTA Tour

Dubai (WTA Premier, Hard)
Budapest (WTA International, Hard)

Discussion and Selections below

Please use separate thread for the lower tier events

http://www.olbg.com/forum/topic15_54154.html

titans choice
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Re: ATP & WTA week commencing 20/02/16

Postby titans choice » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:12 am

Shocking result as Kei Nishikori losses in straight sets to Thomaz Bellucci and Dolgopolov continues good form with a win over David Ferrer.

undertherobe
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby undertherobe » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:30 am

Shocking result as Kei Nishikori losses in straight sets to Thomaz Bellucci and Dolgopolov continues good form with a win over David Ferrer.
I doubt Bellucci will ever put together two sets as good as that again but Nishikori was never at the races today and he seemed to let the vociferous crowd get to him. It was his first stop at the Rio Open and I'd hazard a guess that it will be his last.

I'm not sure that the Ferrer loss was much of a shock. In the past, Ferrer was one of the 'best of the rest' pack, struggling to beat the big four but making light work of anyone else, especially on clay. But he's now an also-ran for me. A good player but one who is well worth taking on whilst the bookmakers continue to over rate him.

Interestingly, although he owned a 9-3 h2h over Dolgopolov before last night, the Ukrainian had won both clay court meetings which came as a surprise to me given how good Ferrer has been on this surface throughout his career

undertherobe
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby undertherobe » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:40 am

It was great to see Del Potro back last night against another player who has had his fair share of injury problems, Kevin Anderson.

Del Potro has all the tools needed to win another Grand Slam but I doubt he'll ever be fit enough to play a full schedule and I feel the inevitable lack of preparation will hold him back from doing so.

Haven't looker at Rio but I've only got Gasquet at a skinny 1/5 so far today. Youzhny is a solid enough player but isn't at the same level as Gasquet who has won both their indoor meetings

titans choice
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby titans choice » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:42 am

[/quote]

I doubt Bellucci will ever put together two sets as good as that again but Nishikori was never at the races today and he seemed to let the vociferous crowd get to him. It was his first stop at the Rio Open and I'd hazard a guess that it will be his last.

I'm not sure that the Ferrer loss was much of a shock. In the past, Ferrer was one of the 'best of the rest' pack, struggling to beat the big four but making light work of anyone else, especially on clay. But he's now an also-ran for me. A good player but one who is well worth taking on whilst the bookmakers continue to over rate him.

I agree Dolgopolov win over Ferrer was not really a shock and I did actually tip him to win the match I did not write first comment very well as I was just saying Nishikori's result was a shock and i was just highlighting the form Dolgopolov is in I didn't mean that match was a shock as well.

titans choice
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby titans choice » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:37 pm

Vinolas v Fognini should be interesting Fognini is ranked at number 45 and Vinolas ranked 25 the head to head is 9-1 to Fognini and he has done well here before 2014 quarter-final and 2015 final so he is rightfully favourite.But Vinolas is ok on clay with 457 career wins on clay and 261 losses on it so could cause a upset even if the head to head says otherwise.

undertherobe
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby undertherobe » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:11 pm

Vinolas v Fognini should be interesting Fognini is ranked at number 45 and Vinolas ranked 25 the head to head is 9-1 to Fognini and he has done well here before 2014 quarter-final and 2015 final so he is rightfully favourite.But Vinolas is ok on clay with 457 career wins on clay and 261 losses on it so could cause a upset even if the head to head says otherwise.
Fognini really isn't a player anyone should feel comfortable backing or opposing as he's one of the more unpredictable players on tour. However, he is 5-0 on clay against Ramos so I could just be tempted

titans choice
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby titans choice » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:16 pm

Delbonis was poor tonight too many mistakes in the first set especially.

titans choice
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby titans choice » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:30 pm

Not good signs for Fognini as he is showing signs of throwing toys out of pram already

undertherobe
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby undertherobe » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:27 pm

These 250 level events on French soil always seem to see the French guys do well and Tsonga's 3rd Marseille title today means he's now won 7 of his 14 titles in France.

Looking ahead to Delray Beach tonight, I have to go with the over 22.5 games in Raonic vs Sock. I rarely go outside the traditional match winner market but these guys have met 10 times previously and all 8 of the best of three set meetings have gone over 22.5 games