Tennis Players to Watch in 2017 - Who is Your Choice?

titans choice
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Re: Tennis Players to Watch in 2017 - Who is Your Choice?

Postby titans choice » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:08 pm

Elise Mertens has started the season well with a impressive tournament win at Hobart beating Kristina Mladenovic in straight sets and she is ranked number 44 in the world and the 23 year old was ranked as high as 27 back in 2015.She then beat Kiki Bertens in the quarter-finals again in straight sets and she is ranked number 22 in the world she also beat Monica Niculescu in the final and she is currently rated number 32 in the world.And because of winning the tournament and 3 wins against top 50 players she has now moved into the top 100 at number 82 she has also played 11 ITF finals on hard courts winning 10 and losing 1 so she might be worth keeping an eye on for future hard court tournaments.

geordieracer
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby geordieracer » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:54 pm

is it too late to suggest you keep your eyes on a certain R Federer? He's not 100 yet and seems to be playing pretty good stuff.

I have him backed for Wimbledon.

Diesel20
Group 3 Class
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Diesel20 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:10 pm

Natalia Vikhlyantseva is a very interesting player in my opinion. She could play a pretty big role in 2017 for a 19 year old (something like Dasha Kasatkina in 2015). I knew Kasatkina is going to have a lot of problems with her in St. Petersburg second round today and Vikhlyantseva did win it. She played some very good tennis today and her biggest problem at the moment is the lack of consistency (which is the result of inexperience), which results in some unnecessary unforced errors. However, she has a potential to become a really good player and I think there's going to be a lot of value in betting on her to beat Halep in quarter final (odds aren't out yet, but I believe she's going to be @5+, as Halep is pretty overrated considering her current form).
The other player that impressed me in St. Petersburg is Anna Kalinskaya. Even though she lost in first round against Dasha Gavrilova, she showed some very good tennis and she's also very young, she just turned 18 in December. She had some very good shots and with the right coaching and without injuries, she could become top20 (or even higher) in the next couple of years.

cytoplan
2yo
Tips

Postby cytoplan » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:29 pm

Elise Mertens has started the season well with a impressive tournament win at Hobart beating Kristina Mladenovic in straight sets and she is ranked number 44 in the world and the 23 year old was ranked as high as 27 back in 2015.She then beat Kiki Bertens in the quarter-finals again in straight sets and she is ranked number 22 in the world she also beat Monica Niculescu in the final and she is currently rated number 32 in the world.And because of winning the tournament and 3 wins against top 50 players she has now moved into the top 100 at number 82 she has also played 11 ITF finals on hard courts winning 10 and losing 1 so she might be worth keeping an eye on for future hard court tournaments.
I think there are a few players to watch in 2017. It will be an exciting year for seeing new talent or ones confirming their talent we saw in 2016. Men : Karen Kachanov, Alexander Zverev, Alex De Minaur, Dominic Thiem, Duckhee Lee, Hyong Chong. Women : Jennifer Brady, Jelena Ostapenko, Caroline Garcia, Ana Konjuh, Danka Kovinic, Anett Kontaveit there will be many to look for this year.

GeorgeTheBettor
Listed Class
Tips

Postby GeorgeTheBettor » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:37 pm

I support CiCi Bellis, she's young and ambitious! At her 17 he managed to rule all the tennis competitions she took part of. :win:

Buckz990
Group 3 Class
Tips

Postby Buckz990 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:29 am

My 4 players to watch in 2017 are -

Dominic Thiem - he's had a great start to the year and is one of the rising stars of the game.
Gregor Dimitrov - very consistent reached the Aussi open semi final this year and he is sure to win titles.
Alex Zverev - Another rising star in the game had a great start to the year beat Murray in Aussie open.
Anastasia Pavluchenkova - she's been around a while but she is revitalised at the start of this year very impressive in the Aussie open reaching the semi final and she's beat some tough opponents recently she is one to watch for this year in this form.

thepassingshot
Handicapper
Tips

Postby thepassingshot » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:50 am

Dominic Thiem - he's had a great start to the year and is one of the rising stars of the game.
Gregor Dimitrov - very consistent reached the Aussi open semi final this year and he is sure to win titles.
Alex Zverev - Another rising star in the game had a great start to the year beat Murray in Aussie open.
Anastasia Pavluchenkova - she's been around a while but she is revitalised at the start of this year very impressive in the Aussie open reaching the semi final and she's beat some tough opponents recently she is one to watch for this year in this form.
Sorry to point that out mate but Alex Zverev, who is also one of my favourites this year, didn't beat Murray at the Aussie Open. His brother Mischa Zverev, who is another impressive player himself, actually beat Murray. Cheers!

Buckz990
Group 3 Class
Tips

Postby Buckz990 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:58 pm

Sorry to point that out mate but Alex Zverev, who is also one of my favourites this year, didn't beat Murray at the Aussie Open. His brother Mischa Zverev, who is another impressive player himself, actually beat Murray. Cheers!
G

Yes sorry my mistake I read that wrong.

Emmasa
Group 3 Class
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Emmasa » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:10 pm

A. Murray should be the man of the season in 2017 and we expect him to win all the major events.

My valuable players in next months

- Daniel Evans: at 26 he looks ready to be a contender in menor events and I expect him to end the season in the top 20. He has the weapons to stay up there and never plays with pressure.
- F. Verdasco: It sounds strange but the guy is determined to make a big season, hired a very good coach and we expect him to give problems to some of the top guys in big events
- Ryan Harrison: He should play much more freely now after wining his first Atp title and we are curious to see him in action in the US events
- N. Basilashvili: He had some good results this season already and showed a solid forehand and guts in clutch moments.
- D.Dzumhur: 24 yo, small but powerful player, beat Wawrinka last week. He's 67 in the ranking right now but we expect him to close the season in the top 50

Moriarty6475
Handicapper
Tips

Postby Moriarty6475 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:33 am

no doubt, Alexander Zverev

nors
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby nors » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:52 am

Can a tennis tipster put the 2017 players to watch in a list to make it easier to follow these players?

undertherobe
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby undertherobe » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:05 pm

Here are the players mentioned so far

ATP
Andy Murray (2 mentions)
Borna Coric
Milos Raonic
Jared Donaldson
Mackenzie McDonald
Michael Mmoh
Jan-Lennard Struff
Konstantin Kravchuk
Felix Augur Aliassime