Should Tennis Have Equal Prize Money?

nors
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Re: Should Tennis Have Equal Prize Money?

Postby nors » Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:34 pm

So where are we tennis fans with this question in Summer 2017

Who agrees / disagrees ?

undertherobe
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby undertherobe » Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:51 pm

So where are we tennis fans with this question in Summer 2017

Who agrees / disagrees ?
I'm still in the same boat as last year and have no problem with equal prize money in these events. The men's game continues to be as predictable as ever, even when Djokovic & Murray were struggling in the early part of 2017, it was Federer & Nadal returning to the fore. The French Open QFs has 7 of the top 8 seeds making it through. All rather dull.

There's still 2 women's 4th round matches in progress but no more than 3 of the top 8 seeds will make it through to the QF and there will be another first time Grand Slam winner and right now, the women's game is much more appealing to me as it's so wide open.

One thing to note is that the Davis Cup will move to best of 3 set singles matches from 2018, with only the double retaining it's best of 5 set status whilst last year's Wimbledon doubles moved to best of 3 sets for the opening two rounds due to a schedule backlog caused by rain.

PompeyJim
Classic Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby PompeyJim » Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:22 pm

Think the tennis ( mens & ladies ) has been very enjoyable this year to date and whilst I don't have a massive problem with equal prize money, I do feel the playing field has to be level so if the men are expected to play best of five sets in the slams then the ladies should be expected to do the same.
OLBG Tipster Competition Assistant

rustie
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby rustie » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:35 pm

I don't think quality or popularity really matters.

If you have a daughter and a son both with aspirations of becoming a tennis player then they should both have the same opportunity to do so. Or are you going to tell your daughter than actually, you can't be a tennis player because there's no opportunities or ability to make a career out of it due to lack of funding.