Is Tennis worth betting on seriously ?

FLOPPYJOE
Handicapper
Tips

Re: Is Tennis worth betting on seriously ?

Postby FLOPPYJOE » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:33 am

Betting to win on tennis is very very easy as long as you keep strict discipline.Firstly make sure ALL the bookmakers have the void bets rule if a player retires that way you won't lose.Then all it is a matter of doing is knowing your odds.Betting in play, player A could be 4/7 with BetVictor and Player B could be 2/1 with bet365.This is a bet as £700 would win £400,make sure you cover the bet on Player B so £370 at 2/1 would win £740 .Total stake would be £1070.If Player A wins you would get back £1100 and Player B £1110 so a definite profit of £30 if player A wins or £40 if Player B wins.The only downside to this is that the bookies will rumble you pretty quickly and your accounts will be limited or even closed.The main thing is to keep your initial betting money safe with NO RISK to it at all.You usually find during a day that a fair few bets pop up like the one I have highlighted, some much better but you MUST cover your bet every time.Some of you might scoff at what appears to be a small profit on a £1k outlay but its guaranteed profit, better than bank interest.If you can crack say 10 bets off in one day £300 profit every day is nothing to moan about.And just to let you know most of my accounts have been limited very badly or closed so be careful.

kenenek
Listed Class
Tips

Postby kenenek » Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:59 pm

If you are into this sport and you know and analyse it good, it is worth it. Once you bet, you need to be serious. :cool:

zorrobet1
Listed Class
Tips

Postby zorrobet1 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:57 pm

Yes, but I prefer Soccer :cool:

InsideMan
Stallion
Tips

Postby InsideMan » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:48 pm

I can't see how someone who has been betting on Tennis for 17 years can just sum all of that up by saying back the top 4 in every grand slam and you will make a profit. :?

Can't see how that works, the bookies will have them priced up correctly. You need to find an edge not just back the ones everyone else is backing. You also said stick away from lower rank tennis well I've found this is where the most profit can be made

novak23
2yo
Tips

Postby novak23 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:42 am

tennis worth betting always atleast for me :)

Moriarty6475
Handicapper
Tips

Postby Moriarty6475 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:22 am

it's pretty hard from time to time. Try to bet on games and I'm sure it'll work. Between the last and the next one there is plenty of time :win:

jenius
2yo
Tips

Postby jenius » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:20 am

I can't see how someone who has been betting on Tennis for 17 years can just sum all of that up by saying back the top 4 in every grand slam and you will make a profit. :?

Can't see how that works, the bookies will have them priced up correctly. You need to find an edge not just back the ones everyone else is backing. You also said stick away from lower rank tennis well I've found this is where the most profit can be made
Both Djokovic and Murray were trading at 1.03 when they lost at the Australian Open. All this to say, I totally agree with you.
I actually think the best way to make money on tennis is to wait for players such as Djokovic, Nadal, to decline, and bet against them, it was very profitable with Nadal in 2015, it is very profitable this year with Djokovic.

nors
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby nors » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:38 pm

How reliable is the tennis ranking system? Are players ranked differently on grass to clay? Do the prices offered by the bookies lean heavily on the rankings?

undertherobe
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby undertherobe » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:14 pm

How reliable is the tennis ranking system?
I think it's pretty reliable. There are two ranking systems used on the ATP Tour, the ATP rankings and the ATP Race.

The rankings are used to determine who gets to enter which tournament and the tournament seedings. They are based on a players performance over a rolling 52 week period and includes the points gained from the 4 Grand Slams, 8 Masters Series events, the ATP Finals and the best 6 results from other tournaments. Where a player is not ranked high enough to enter a Grand Slam or Masters Series event, his next best other tournament result is added to his points total.

The race is a players points total from that calendar year and the top 8 players in the race at the end of the year compete in the ATP Tour finals.

So Andy Murray is currently the world no.1 but is only 11th in the Race which is led by Roger Federer.

For 2017, the ATP have also introduced a Next Gen Tour Finals which will be for the top 7 players + 1 wildcard aged 21 & under at the start of the year. This is currently led by Alex Zverev.

When talking about a players world ranking, it's the ATP rankings that are used and not the Race ranking.

Just like the prize money distribution, the more prestigious the event, the more ranking points on offer. For example, 90 points are awarded to a player reaching the 3rd round of a Grand Slam. You would have to reach the SF of an ATP 250 event or win a $75k Challenger event to get the same 90 points.
Are players ranked differently on grass to clay?
No they're not. However, Wimbledon do seed their players slightly differently to the other events. As is standard, the top 32 players are seeded. However, the order at Wimbledon can change within those 32 players and is based on a formula :- ATP Entry System Position points + 100% points earned for all grass court tournaments in the past 12 months + 75% points earned for the best grass court tournament in the 12 months before that

nors
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby nors » Mon May 01, 2017 12:19 pm

Thanks UTR, a bit clearer now. :win:

TippyTop
2yo
Tips

Postby TippyTop » Tue May 09, 2017 5:26 pm

Of course, but you have to choose your matches carefully. Sometimes these 1.25 odds are just traps.

JustAnotherPunter
2yo
Tips

Postby JustAnotherPunter » Sun May 14, 2017 7:36 am

I have found watching the live streams helps tremendously and improves strike rate significantly. You might research the players before hand and decide on a particular player but on the day that player might not be up to scratch or might be a slower starter. You get a really good feel for set/ match betting watching live streams. :yes: