Is Tennis worth betting on seriously ?

Nabster
Unraced
Tips

Postby Nabster » Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:01 am

Personally, I think it is the best sport of all to bet on. You have to do high value betting. To make money that is.

And in tennis, the winner is frequently determined by the conditions, weather, the balls used. You can see this when the game is in play and use live betting for those situations.

If you watch A LOT of tennis you will see some great opportunities. But its tough to get all of the tennis. But again, you need to do high value betting. Even if you think your pick will lose, if the value is high, eventually you will make money.

It's all about being about to identify high value, which will usually be in the underdog. So in gambling to make money, you usually need to bet on underdogs. Underdogs who you think have a shot and whose odds are incredible. If you can consistently identify those and have the stomach and bank to bet on those you will make money.

nors
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby nors » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:07 pm

Are there opportunities currently in the Womens game for taking on favourites?

The schedule seems quite arduous and it seems the level has dipped?

Do the current/previous tournaments reiterate this ? How have the favs fared?

nors
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby nors » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:02 am

I would expect serious tennis tipsters are in their element during Wimbledon, it would be good if those who do bet at Wimbledon could advise others of their strategy when approaching a tournament like this.

nors
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby nors » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:09 am

I thought this tipster found a value bet and went for it yesterday.
http://www.olbg.com/tipster/history.php?id=323818

TheHawkz
Listed Class
Tips

Postby TheHawkz » Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:51 pm

What i love about tennis betting is the better player on the day usually wins which isn't the case in other sports. The amount of times the football team has been unlucky, you don't get your money back if your unlucky, plus tennis is exciting and dramatic.

Some big over reacting in-play in big events where so many differing opinions meet and if you have spend the time to educate yourself on which players are on form, like the surface and court conditions and mentally strong your halfway there. I have the opinion a match is never won in the first 4-5 games, so if you fancy a player and they are a break down early their is often an overreaction and the drift in odds is to big, not every time but spotting when this happens pays. The player may never recover and you lose the bet, however if the player gets back on terms the market will re-adjust and you can trade out. Short term this may sound a poor approach but long term it pays for me. Sometimes you have to be brave and follow our instinct even if it's going against you, an example was Keys V Kerber in the Olympics semi final. We all knew Kerber was more consistent, Keys started well and looked the winner, Kerber went odds against and the court and conditions suited her game, she can chase down anything on a slow court and she wore Keys down and Keys lost discipline due to frustration in my opinion. A combination of good research, experience and self control is a big weapon against the bookmakers.

Betfairalfie
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Betfairalfie » Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:47 pm

Nice one Hawkz :win:

vinsanity2000
Unraced
Tips

Postby vinsanity2000 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:47 pm

I think tennis is one of the best sports in terms of betting because i like the fact that a match can't draw.But real profit comes if you have a big budget and place big stakes so you should be prepared for that

Betfairalfie
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Betfairalfie » Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:25 pm

After almost 6 months of taking tennis betting seriously I have reached a few conclusions;

- Long-term it's exchanges only. If you are wiser than a bookies market trader you will get restricted.

- Even after such a short time you can become wiser than bookies traders. Betway, may the tennis gods bless them, took me 2 weeks but sadly I was restricted very quickly. The more you WATCH the wiser you get.

- punting ? Very scary. This last month has been exceptionally tough. Even ultra-reliable tipster tipstonga has struggled. Hats off to rustie and others with a LSP for Aug 2016.

- Trading? This seems to be the less stressful way to hit you 3% target. Most matches have market over-reactions and moat are followed by over-correction a gam or two later. Trade the momentum swings. This still has a punting element but it's relatively soft.

- punt/trading? e.g. Lay the favourite at SP to trade off first set. Seems sensible too. Maybe with non-level green. So you win 80% of the green if the Favourite wobbles but wins.

I shall focus on the last two next month and update.

velo1980
2yo
Tips

Postby velo1980 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:27 am

Hi, yes :) really can be dangerous.
Tennis is a great game for bettors, however I do not risk large sums of money.

Jack Bauer
Group 3 Class
Tips

Postby Jack Bauer » Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:31 pm

Betfairalfie, it seems you are going down the right lines, exchange tennis betting is where the money is at. Their is no exact science to this, however, a solid strategy is a must if you want to succeed and more importantly cut out the stress this game puts on you. I have been in this game for a long time now and avoiding stats of past results etc etc etc, surface, head to head is not needed on the exchange.

suhas4166
Unraced
Tips

WILED

Postby suhas4166 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:26 pm

A question for those that bet regularly on tennis really.

I see very little value in tennis but was wondering what odds are like if the favourite loses the first set.

For example, Davydenko lost the first set today, what odds did he go out to at this point ?

Is this were the real value lies as over the course of the match i would still expect him to come through?

Betfairalfie
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Betfairalfie » Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:37 pm

I didn't track the price of that match but today Keys was 1.22 at start of first set and around 1.95 when she lost the first set.

You would have to do your own research on whether backing every favourite after they lose the first set is a long-term winner. It probably is player specific so use the stats sites shown on the separate thread and see what you find.

From a trading point of view there is more ROI% to be had by laying low and selling high. Using my Keys prices you'd have got 170% level profit with lay to back and 60% for the reverse.