Is Tennis worth betting on seriously ?

jamoc09
Listed Class
Tips

Is Tennis worth betting on seriously ?

Postby jamoc09 » Tue May 05, 2009 10:00 pm

I love to have a bet on the tennis and all sports tried an 75 euro accum Today ..

L.Hewitt 1/6 won
A.Ivanovic 2/7 won
J.Monaco 1/4won
J.Tipsarevic 2/9won
S.Williams 1/7
A.Brianti/C.Dentoni1/3 won
A.Pavel/H.Tecau 2/9 lost
A.Radwanska 1/6 now...... Radwanska was 1/6 to win and her opponent Aravane Rezai was 6 - 4 in the 1st 2-6 in the second 5-1 down in the last at one stage Paddy Power were offering A.Rezai to win 80/1 betting in running!!!!

last ended 6-6 and Radwanska barely won it in a tie break!!!! how poor odds 1/6 to win in a tie break!!!! such stupid odds anyone agree???

betking
Stallion
Tips

Postby betking » Tue May 05, 2009 10:04 pm

Doing an 8 way acca is asking for trouble, especially putting in Radwanksa, as well as a rusty Serena, but you found out it was bad as its lost anyway.

If Radwanska was 1/6 pre-match then shes going to be similar odds to win a match deciding tie break isnt she, its not "bad" odds as such. A-Rad @ 1/6 is always a terrible bet, but saying the in play 1/6 is terrible isnt true.

If you think short odds are stupid though you should be combining them in long accas.
Michelle Larcher de Brito - World Number One 2012 (c)2008

Ok so I said that 4 years ago, slightly wrong, wasnt I? Hahaha

Dammo Qwirky
Stallion
Tips

Postby Dammo Qwirky » Tue May 05, 2009 10:05 pm

is tennis worth betting seriously - 8 way acca

contradiction?
Positions are available in the OLBG Lottery syndicate. Wanna join? Please PM me for info.

veggie
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby veggie » Wed May 06, 2009 6:34 am

Tennis is worth betting, if you know what to look for.

Just because somebody is an odds-on favourite, does not mean it is a licence to print money. They can, and often do get beaten IN ANY SPORT.

I am a big fan of Radwanska, but would not have taken the Boylesports odds of 1/4 on her, yet alone the 1/6 that you took as her play has been too in and out of late.

jimny2 posted a good write-up on the Tennis weekly thread yesterday morning giving sound reasons to at least avoid betting big on Serena Williams.

I note from your tips page that you actually put OLBG money on Patty Schnyder to win, so there must have been some doubt in your mind!!

xplaybwoix
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby xplaybwoix » Wed May 06, 2009 9:02 am

Well Tennis is definately a good sport to bet on in my opinion.One reason is ther can only be two outcomes which makes me feel bit better lol..Thann a bloomin draw...One ting to watch out for is retiring...I use skybet and that has policy of if first set is completed and played retires , then it doesn't get voided.So if my player retires, I Lose but can also win the selection too.I kno some other sites just void it..Betting in play can also be a good way to go..I only do accys and find them very profitable if you mix n match and if just starting don't go over board with selections...But of course with accys, you can't dabble in b.i.p..For instance, watching serena's match last night and observing correctly, you should be able to put money on at right times if you can see how things might pan out...Form is important as is preferred conditions n surfaces, h2h, fatigue, alot of things come into play with tennis, but it is definatelly worth betting on in my opinion..Less luck than football...Sure davy should win but how many times you seen someone who should win and lose?? It nice price but be careful..They have pretty much same game on clay..Davy was humbled by Melzer recently too..But i'd actually take davy outright for esporil

gerben69
2yo
Tips

Something Else than tennis!! MLB record of this guy 69 - 0

Postby gerben69 » Wed May 06, 2009 9:19 am

[REMOVED]

kbaldwin
2yo
Tips

Postby kbaldwin » Sun May 17, 2009 11:38 am

I think the best way to make a bit out of Tennis, is to spread bet.

Particularly if a hot favourite struggles at the start, then buy them low.

SteveLiverpool
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby SteveLiverpool » Thu May 28, 2009 9:40 am

A question for those that bet regularly on tennis really.

I see very little value in tennis but was wondering what odds are like if the favourite loses the first set.

For example, Davydenko lost the first set today, what odds did he go out to at this point ?

Is this were the real value lies as over the course of the match i would still expect him to come through?

Thanks

turfline
Stallion
Tips

Postby turfline » Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:09 pm

The answer to your question is a resounding YES, set by set betting and through-out the match.

nors
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby nors » Sun May 31, 2015 1:04 pm

With the French Open taking place an opportune time to revisit this thread.

Is tennis worth betting on and why?

Can members make it pay?

Which markets offer best value

Which players should we note this summer

Who is a rising star?

botev1921
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby botev1921 » Sun May 31, 2015 1:46 pm

Interesting indeed. I would start by saying it is not worth playing accumulators on tennis as the sport can get unpredictable and favourites do not win that often, especially in smaller profile events. I have made consistent profits from laying favourites at ATP 250 tournaments over the past year. Unfortunately at Grand Slams and Masters events, it is much more difficult. No accumulators and preferably betting on smaller profile events is my advice.

Cannaetip
Listed Class
Tips

Postby Cannaetip » Sun May 31, 2015 2:38 pm

Yes it is as stated previously wait for a very strong player to play someone decent to get better odds,if loses same again . You will get lots of winners.