AT&T Byron Nelson 17th - 20th May

madbobmagee
At Stud
Tips

AT&T Byron Nelson 17th - 20th May

Postby madbobmagee » Wed May 16, 2018 11:31 am

Another golf tournament yet again, every week it seems these days. We have a new venue to deal with this year and that can pose problems like more info to hoke about through and whatnot. The golfers have it easy, just go out and whack a few balls around the place and focus on themselves whereas I have to read up on all of them and weigh up the pros and cons.

From what I can gather we are looking for somebody this week that doesn't mind wind or links or Texas or winning or being in good form, and is a reasonable price. So with all that in mind, step forward;

Adam Scott @ 25/1 on the beans

He has won multiple times in Texas in different events, can do links courses (we all remember his 2nd in The Open) and is Australian so wind is his 2nd name, (won the Honda in 2016). He has won 13 times on tour so getting over the line isn't an issue. Going well enough this season, 4 Top25s and 9 cuts from 11 events, he was cut in the Valero and was T76 in the Fargo but right back to form with a T11 in the Players. He also goes on the turf as it is the same stuff they use for the St Jude and he was T10 there last year. Admittedly his putting isn't fantastic as he is currently ranked 89th in SG:Putting, but here, putting isn't the be all and end all of golf, he is 19th in GIR and sooner or later he will start potting them. Due a win I'd say and if you leave gambler's fallacy aside then 25/1 is a price that could be a price come Sun eve.

The Snail
Classic Winner
Tips

Re: AT&T Byron Nelson 17th - 20th May

Postby The Snail » Wed May 16, 2018 12:27 pm

they certainly come round fast, and the amount of decent players around now, every tournament seems to have quite a few 'big' names lining up.

Haven't had a big data dive this week but one for me that may be a bit of value is...

Player - Martin Laird = 50/1

He has made 5 cuts in a row and has three top ten finishes to his name this season so he is bubbling up nicely.

Its pretty tough to make any solid form picks as you have stated already but a T11 and a win in 2013 at the Texas open suggests he could cope well with the conditions! Unfortunately, its been 5 years since he won so he may fall down on the 'likes winning' criteria but that was in Texas so perhaps this will be a happy hunting ground for him.

all the best!

madbobmagee
At Stud
Tips

Postby madbobmagee » Wed May 16, 2018 3:13 pm

Hi Snail, I do like Laird in general, has done me a favour or two in the past, he could go well alright.

Also, If I was me then I'd prob also back Marc Leishman, another Aussie wind wizard.

I see Paddy P has Adam Scott @ 40/1 for 1st rd leader under Power Prices.

The Snail
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby The Snail » Wed May 16, 2018 7:22 pm

That's a nice price, have you checked the expected wind vs tee Times? I must admit, I find the week after a big tournament the hardest to get stuck into....tipping fatigue sets in, especially as I love and follow most sports! Definitely why I'd never make it as a pro, for every nice golf winner or horse I find I usually also get sucked into backing that sure thing at Hall Green or the finalists at Flushing Meadows!!

The Snail
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby The Snail » Thu May 17, 2018 5:14 am

Looks like the early starters will have the best of it today. Winds pick up a lot later in the day! Although I would assume that is pretty much standard so they will probably all experience the toughest conditions across the two rounds

The Snail
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby The Snail » Thu May 17, 2018 4:05 pm

Weak start from Martin....shows that a bit more research really pays dividends!

Hopefully the late starters struggle in the wind and he can at least make the cut with an upturn in fortunes tomorrow!

madbobmagee
At Stud
Tips

Postby madbobmagee » Fri May 18, 2018 4:24 pm

I don't normally check for am/pm wind as it doesn't over concern me, the wind could be blowing in any direction and it could help as much as hinder. I just tend to check out the windy golfers and back if they tick the boxes.

The Leishinator and Scottman John are going well. Could be the nappy factor at work here.

The Snail
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby The Snail » Fri May 18, 2018 4:25 pm

Hi Snail, I do like Laird in general, has done me a favour or two in the past, he could go well alright.

Also, If I was me then I'd prob also back Marc Leishman, another Aussie wind wizard.

I see Paddy P has Adam Scott @ 40/1 for 1st rd leader under Power Prices.
Leaderboard looks pretty nice at the moment madbob, hopefully the afternoon hitters falter for you. Did you go in leishman as well?

madbobmagee
At Stud
Tips

Postby madbobmagee » Fri May 18, 2018 4:39 pm

I did indeed Snail, was paired with Scott and they are both from Oz, both like links, both like wind and both were roughly the same price-ish. What wasn't to like I reckoned.

The Snail
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby The Snail » Fri May 18, 2018 5:31 pm

I did indeed Snail, was paired with Scott and they are both from Oz, both like links, both like wind and both were roughly the same price-ish. What wasn't to like I reckoned.
Very nice! Good luck for the weekend!

danbradley
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby danbradley » Mon May 21, 2018 9:19 am

Bit disappointed not to have backed Aaron Wise this week. Like others could see the win coming, just didn't back him on the right week! Hope you weren't on the nose again with Leishman, maddog?

Follow me on Twitter: @DanBradleyTips

madbobmagee
At Stud
Tips

Postby madbobmagee » Mon May 21, 2018 10:35 am

Hey danb, I was on the nose surely. I don't see the point of EW with prices like that, what are you getting out of a place there. I'd rather use the EW stake to back another runner. I'd only usually be interested if they are 80/1+. Some exceptions of course but generally not.