Golf - Player of the Week (Week 43 - W/B 30th October)

STEVEOCN
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Golf - Player of the Week (Week 43 - W/B 30th October)

Postby STEVEOCN » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:08 pm

To all members, readers and posters welcome to the 'Player Of The Week' golf thread.

Welcome to the 2017 Player of the Week thread, we are now into Week 43 of the competition! Week 42 brought two runner up places for us last week, Denden with Shanshan Feng in the Sime Darby LPGA and steenie1 with Cheeson Hadley in the Sanderson Farms Championship!

Who will be the player/tipster of the week this week?

Tournaments taking place -

1. Turkish Airlines Open – European Tour
2. Shriners Hospitals for Children Open – PGA Tour
3. NBO Golf Classic Grand Final – Challenge Tour (Wednesday Start)
4. Toto Japan Classic – LPGA Tour
5. Fatima Bint Mubarak Ladies Open – Ladies European Tour (Wednesday Start)
6. Vodacom Origins of Golf Final – Sunshine Tour
7. Panasonic Open India – Asian Tour
8. Heiwa PGM Championship – Japan Golf Tour

Readers want to see your reasoning and discussion as to why they should back a particular player in the above events so please make any posts interesting and informative. Discussion is welcomed and encouraged, the more points and approaches we have in this thread can only help as we decide on our selections ahead of round one. We understand your selection may not be for a betting purpose like others but more for an OLBG selection or simply for your Fantasy Golf team so all input and opinions can only help this thread grow.

It would be great if in time we developed into a group of golf tipsters and experts each adding their ONE 'Player of the Week' accompanied by 100-125 words. Max 1 event - 1 entry only.

PLEASE NOTE - Picking the same golfer as a fellow tipster is allowed but we encourage unique picks from everyone so there is more information in our thread for all to read.
Important: All POTW comments must be original and not lifted from any source. Of course POTW players need to do research but the comments must be in your original words.

Template below, enjoy this week's golf!

Week Commencing 30th October 2017 -

Template:

Player:

Tournament:

Reasons For Support:

PLEASE NOTE - Picking the same golfer as a fellow tipster is allowed but we encourage unique picks from everyone so there is more information in our thread for all to read.
Important: All POTW comments must be original and not lifted from any source. Of course POTW players need to do research but the comments must be in your original words.

STEVEOCN
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Re: Golf - Player of the Week (Week 43 - W/B 30th October)

Postby STEVEOCN » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:49 pm

Player - Ryan Moore

Tournament - Shriners Hospitals Open

Reasons for Support -

Ryan Moore is a Las Vegas resident and graduated out of the University of Nevada so the Shriners Hospitals for Children Open at TPC Summerlin is very much a home game for the American. When interviewed about the Tournament Players Club, the five-time PGA Tour winner said ‘It’s my home course in Las Vegas; I am out here probably 90 percent of the time I am home. It has great practice facilities, the course is always in great shape and it’s a fun place to play’. The second of his five PGA Tour victories came at TPC Summerlin in 2012. Top 20 in his last two PGA Tour events, Moore's record at TPC Summerlin outside of his 2012 win shows five top 25's with two of those finishes being inside the top 10. 15th twelve months ago, I was surprised to see Ryan Moore as big as 33/1 on Monday evening so taking the price. 30/1 general price it seems but 33/1 very tempting.
Last edited by STEVEOCN on Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

laursie1
Group 3 Class
Tips

Postby laursie1 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:34 pm

Player: Victor Dubuisson

Tournament: Turkish Airlines Open

Reasons For Support:

Victor has won twice on the European Tour, both of them were the Turkish Airlines Open in 2013 and 2015. Two years on Victor has shown some form recently and he can strike again in Turkey. 3rd in the Alfred Dunhill and 12th in Portugal, I think Dubuisson might find a little something this week so he is going to be my main bet for the 2017 Turkish Airlines Open. I am hoping the quietly confident french golfer can complete a hat trick of Turkey titles, Good Luck this week.

Shelkero
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby Shelkero » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:08 pm

Player - Smylie Kaufmann
Tournament - The Shriners

This is very much a below par field so an ideal opportunity for a less familiar name to be victorious. He is best friends with Justin Thomas and Jordan Spieth so this could be his chance to join his pals and add to his sole PGA victory especially as that was at this venue in 2015. That victory entitled him entry to the 2016 Masters. At Augusta he did enough in the first three rounds to be in the final group but pressure stepped in and he shot an 81 as Spieth was victorious. With no such pressure or opposition this week, he appeals Each Way at big odds, especially as he finished
fourth last week at The Sanderson Farms.

The rabbit
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby The rabbit » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:27 pm

Player: Patrick Cantlay

Tournament: Shriners Hospitals for Children Open

Reasons For Support:

Patrick Cantlay 20/1 was a successful amateur but he has suffered from back injuries and personal problems since becoming a professional and did not play on the PGA tour in 2015 and 2016. He has returned to the tour this year and produced some good performances last season with four top 10 finishes including a 2nd at the Valspar Championship and a jt 10th at the Northern Trust in August. Last week he was jt 15th in the World Golf Championships-HSBC Champions in China and that event was stronger than this one. He can perform well from tee to green and he could gain his first PGA tour win here if he can do well on the greens.

denden
Group 3 Class
Tips

Postby denden » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:38 pm

Player : Shanshan Feng

Event : Toto Japan Classic LPGA

Reason for Support : She did not quite make it last week but I am sticking with her again this week. She is also the defending Champion again and her record is decent here T8th in 2013 and came 2nd in a playoff in 2011 so she kind of hits form this time of the year. Last week she only dropped 2 bogeys the first at the 63rd hole which is impressive so there is a very solid look about her but also she is a short price favourite. gl all

whippetman
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby whippetman » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:23 am

player: Chase Koepka

event: NBO Golf Classic Grand Final

reason : After failing to get in single top ten finish in his first year as a pro in 2016 Chase Koepka as had a brilliant 2017 with 5 top ten finishers including 2 second places in the Kazakhstan Open and the Italian Challenge Open, Koepka looks ready for that first tournament win, his world ranking as risen to a unbelievable 332 from 1434 at the start of 2017 and a win here would crown a great year for the young American

dwainec
Group 3 Class
Tips

Postby dwainec » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:15 pm

Player: Bryson DeChambeau

Tournament: Shriners Hospitals for Children Open

Reasons For Support:

Bryson DeChambeau won the John Deere Classic during the summer and the Shriners event is a similar tournament to the John Deere in terms of it being a low scoring birdie shoot out but at the same time you need to hit a lot of good irons and wedges. Bryson was 36th last year in the Shriners on his first time playing and with the Bentgrass greens and his strong iron play, this looks to be a great chance for DeChambeau to go very close to his second PGA Tour victory. 66/1 with bet365 and SkyBet but the 70/1 with Stan James is the best odds out there and I have already have an Each Way interest on Bryson.

STEVEOCN
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby STEVEOCN » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:18 pm

THIS WEEKS DEADLINES -

Challenge Tour starts early Wednesday in Oman, as does the Ladies European Tour in Dubai! Final confirmed tee-off times to follow!

Challenge Tour - NBO Golf Classic Grand Final (Places 1-5)
START: WEDNESDAY 04:00

Ladies European Tour - Fatima Bint Mubarak Ladies Open (Places 1-5)
START: WEDNESDAY 04:35

Asian Tour - Panasonic Open India (Places 1-5)
START: THURSDAY 02:45

Sunshine Tour - Vodacom Origins of Golf Final (Places 1-5)
START: THURSDAY 05:30

European Tour - Turkish Airlines Open (Places 1-6)
START: THURSDAY 08:15

PGA Tour - Shriners Hospitals for Children Open (Places 1-7)
START: THURSDAY 14:05

LPGA Tour - Toto Japan Classic (Places 1-5)
START: FRIDAY TBC

Good Luck!

attitude adjuster
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby attitude adjuster » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:02 pm

Player:Anirban Lahiri

Tournament:Shriners Hospitals

Reasons For Support: This is a tournament that looks very open this week and none of the top players have showed up here, i am siding with a player new to this tournament as he is the one player that stands out to me based on current form. He finished tied for 10th at the CIMB Classic and also tied for fifth recently at the CJ Cup. The lack of experience here might not pose much of a problem for a man who has now finished top ten in his last three tournaments. He is available at 33/1 and is my main interest Each Way this week.

STEVEOCN
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby STEVEOCN » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:02 am

THIS WEEKS DEADLINES -

The Challenge Tour and Ladies European Tour events have already started, here are the events starting thursday!

Asian Tour - Panasonic Open India (Places 1-5)
START: THURSDAY 02:45

Sunshine Tour - Vodacom Origins of Golf Final (Places 1-5)
START: THURSDAY 05:30

European Tour - Turkish Airlines Open (Places 1-6)
START: THURSDAY 08:15

PGA Tour - Shriners Hospitals for Children Open (Places 1-7)
START: THURSDAY 14:05

LPGA Tour - Toto Japan Classic (Places 1-5)
START: THURSDAY 22:40

Good Luck!

steenie1
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby steenie1 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:06 am

Player: Chesson Hadley
Tournament: Shriners Hospitals ---PGA
Reasons for Support:
Consistent golfers who are usually there and thereabouts but still hungering after that elusive top spot finish seem worth following. After a win, the adrenalin often crashes. But although I’m tempted by Eddie Pepperell in the Turkish Open, (five Top Ten finishes from his last six events) for this comp, I fear he may struggle to find his vile Marmite breakfasts in Turkey. Not having the right fuel could put him off his stroke. So as all the major names are missing for the PGA Shriners Event, I’ll tag along again instead with the bible-collecting CHESSON HADLEY--and he should be able to afford a few more after last weekend. It's unclear why he has added chocolate chip icecream to his dislikes on his personal bio, but he almost came good for me in last week’s comp when he finished second in the Sanderson Farms tourney, shooting a final score of -14 under par. That followed a T3 at the Safeway Open. It justifies his upping from the web.com Tour to the PGA. Including the web.com Tour last season, he now has 6 Top Ten finishes in his last eight events.