Golf - Player of the Week (Week 38 - W/B 25th September)

STEVEOCN
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Golf - Player of the Week (Week 38 - W/B 25th September)

Postby STEVEOCN » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:04 pm

To all members, readers and posters welcome to the 'Player Of The Week' golf thread.

Welcome to the 2017 Player of the Week thread, we are now into Week 38 of the competition! Week 37 seen...

Who will be the player/tipster of the week this week?

Tournaments taking place -

1. British Masters – European Tour
2. Challenge de Espana – Challenge Tour
3. Web.com Tour Championship – Web.com Tour
4. New Zealand Women's Open – LPGA Tour
5. Top Cup Tokai Classic – Japan Golf Tour
6. Mercuries Taiwan Masters – Asian Tour
7. Paris Legends Championship – European Senior Tour

Readers want to see your reasoning and discussion as to why they should back a particular player in the above events so please make any posts interesting and informative. Discussion is welcomed and encouraged, the more points and approaches we have in this thread can only help as we decide on our selections ahead of round one. We understand your selection may not be for a betting purpose like others but more for an OLBG selection or simply for your Fantasy Golf team so all input and opinions can only help this thread grow.

It would be great if in time we developed into a group of golf tipsters and experts each adding their ONE 'Player of the Week' accompanied by 100-125 words. Max 1 event - 1 entry only.

PLEASE NOTE - Picking the same golfer as a fellow tipster is allowed but we encourage unique picks from everyone so there is more information in our thread for all to read.
Important: All POTW comments must be original and not lifted from any source. Of course POTW players need to do research but the comments must be in your original words.

Template below, enjoy this week's golf!

Week Commencing 25th September 2017 -

Template:

Player:

Tournament:

Reasons For Support:

PLEASE NOTE - Picking the same golfer as a fellow tipster is allowed but we encourage unique picks from everyone so there is more information in our thread for all to read.
Important: All POTW comments must be original and not lifted from any source. Of course POTW players need to do research but the comments must be in your original words.

Fredgarv
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Re: Golf - Player of the Week (Week 38 - W/B 25th September)

Postby Fredgarv » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:50 pm

Player Lee Westwood
Event British Masters
Reason.
Sorry guys no prizes for picking Westwood here but the Englishman is sure to go close he has won this event in 2007 when held at the Belfry and being resident golfer at the Northumbrian course will see him go really close he must know every inch of Close House and looks sure to be in the mix in this unique event.two top tens in his last three events including third in the KLM Open latest shows the Englishman is in fine touch not the highest ranked player in this event by any means in a small but strong field .

steenie1
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby steenie1 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:56 am

Player: Eddie Pepperell
Event: British Masters
Reasons for support: Maybe it's down to his revoltingly bizarre breakfasts as well as dumping his long-time caddie, but Eddie Pepperell repaid my support last week with his T3 in the Portugal Masters. So it would seem churlish not to flag him up again. That was his third successive Top 5 finish. He's getting better too. The roll started with his T5 in the Czech Masters where he finished -8 under par. Next came his T3 in the KLM Open where he finished -13 under par. And his T3 in Portugal was on a finish of -15 under par. Currently available at 35/1

The rabbit
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby The rabbit » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:32 pm

Player: Danielle Kang

Tournament: New Zealand Women's Open

Reasons For Support:

This new tournament is one of the weakest on this year's LPGA tour and Lydia Ko or Brooke Henderson are strong contenders to win it but their odds are nothing special so I am going with Danielle Kang 25/1 who obtained her first victory on this tour when she defeated a world class field in the 2nd Major ( Women's PGA Championship ) of 2017. She has been mainly disappointing since then but did come jt 18th at the Evian Championship earlier this month. She has the advantage of having New Zealander Steve Williams as her caddie this week and he knows this course very well and has a lot of experience as he was Tiger Woods successful caddie for many years and he has also worked with Adam Scott.
Last edited by The rabbit on Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

STEVEOCN
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby STEVEOCN » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:06 pm

Player: Russell Knox

Tournament: British Masters

Reasons For Support:

The Scot played last week in Vilamoura and finished 34th in the Portugal Masters but it was his final round of 71 which cost him a much higher finish. A Sunday grouping with Marcel Siem where the German only shot 70 can be put down to one of those days in my opinion as the 69-69-67 start from Knox didn't paint the picture of how well he struck the ball over the opening 54 holes. A return home to the British Isles for the British Masters and a tougher test where his ball striking class should benefit I really fancy Russell Knox's chances of building on four solid rounds in Portugal and at 55/1 with bet365 and Boylesports he catches my eyes this week.

laursie1
Group 3 Class
Tips

Postby laursie1 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:44 pm

Player: Shane Lowry

Reasons For Support:

7th in the Wyndham Championship then a good long break for Shane Lowry, he played Portugal again after many years away and finished 29th. Following Shane each season it seems that the Irish golfer needs to warm up before he has a run of good tournaments and after Portugal last week where he should have done a lot better than he did in my opinion I think he has a very good chance in the British Masters supported by Sky Sports. Shane was 2nd to Matt Fitzpatrick in the British Masters two years ago so he likes the tournament, hope he has a really good week as he needs it for the Race to Dubai finish.

denden
Group 3 Class
Tips

Postby denden » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:12 pm

Player : Lydia Ko

Event : New Zealand Women's Open

Reason for Support : I know she is a short price favourite but I can not see past her, she was T3 in the Evian 2 weeks ago. I think she is coming back to her old form and get that win under her belt and that means trouble for her rivals. She has won at least one New Zealand open before as a amateur at 15 but not under the LPGA. She will have the home support behind her and that should swing it her way. gl all

Fredgarv
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Fredgarv » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:20 am

Westwood won the hero challenge do I get bonus points if he wins the event proper .

STEVEOCN
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby STEVEOCN » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:55 am

Westwood won the hero challenge do I get bonus points if he wins the event proper .

That will have to go in front of the panel Fredgarv! Highly unlikely is the early favourite lol.

Fredgarv
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Fredgarv » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:32 pm

Only kidding Steve bodes well for the event proper though good luck y'all

STEVEOCN
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby STEVEOCN » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:08 pm

DEADLINES -

The main tee time off times for Thursday this week!

LPGA Tour - New Zealand Women's Open (Places 1-5)
START: WEDNESDAY 19:25

Challenge Tour - Challenge de Espana (Places 1-5)
START: THURSDAY 07:30

European Tour - British Masters (Places 1-7)
START: THURSDAY 07:45

European Senior Tour - Paris Legends Championship (Places 1-4)
START: THURSDAY 08:00

Web.com Tour - Web.com Tour Championship (Places 1-5)
START: THURSDAY 12:40

Good Luck!

twfaulkner
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby twfaulkner » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:24 pm

Player: Alex Noren

Reasons: Noren may not be in quite the same form as this time last year, however two top 6 places in the last four tournaments is still decent and of the three big players here (McIlroy and Garcia) I would go for Noren who was champion at the tournament last year. He clearly enjoys playing in England as four of his nine European Tour wins have come there, including a victory this year at Wentworth. A two week break may also come in handy and it may be interesting to note that 3 of his last 4 victories have come after more than a week break.