Golf - Player of the Week (Week 37 - W/B 18th September)

Shelkero
Group 2 Class
Tips

Re: Golf - Player of the Week (Week 37 - W/B 18th September)

Postby Shelkero » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:18 pm

Player - Patrick Cantlay
Event - Tour Championship

In 2011 he was an outstanding Amateur, topping the World rankings and finishing in top 25 in first four Pga events. In the same year he shot the lowest ever round for an amateur in the Pga Tour with a 60 and appeared to be set for a promising career. Since 2011, a combination of nagging injuries and the tragic death of his former school mate and caddy have limited his appearances, but it appears that now he is a force to be reckoned with. He started the season as World 1424th, but he has played eleven events, making the cut in all to rise to 76th, his career highest position. In the Vaspar he started the final round with the leader, Adam Hadwin, who had a four stroke lead. Cantlay outscored Hadwin by three strokes, to lose by one. Most impressively is his last three performances in the Fedex run in, where he has finished 10th, 13th and 9th. He has probably exceeded his season target already and will not have the pressure of the chief protagonists to win the Fedex title, so is of major interest at 40-1

Fredgarv
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Fredgarv » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:46 pm

Well done on your places last week guys
Player Adrien Saddier
Event Kazakhstan open
Reason
I have three in mind for this with Saddier the slight pick ahead of Oriol and Tullo. The Frenchman is in very good touch on the challenge tour with his last two events two top ten finishes 8th in the cordon open last time that followed a runner up slot in the Rolex trophy he is very consistent and has missed just three cuts this term with the 4 top tens only 46th in this last year but that will have given him bundles of experience on the course and gained his first win on tour in the Fred Olsen in Spain last year and looks very much an improved player one to watch in my opinion.

PompeyJim
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby PompeyJim » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:25 pm

Player: Jon Rahm

Tournament: The Tour Championship

Reasons For Support:

I really like Justin Rose's chances this week but we have already covered him so will side with the talented young Spaniard John Rahm. I refrained from tipping Jon in the majors earlier in the year as a cool experienced head is required for those and despite his undoubted talent and potential I wasn't convinced his temperament was ready for those events. Having said that he knows how to get the job done having won the Farmers Insurance Open in January and the Irish Open in July and has shown great consistency in the first three FedEx play off events being the only player to finish in the top five in all three. A share of fifth in the BMW Champs last weekend with rounds of 69,68,65 and 67 means that's eleven from twelve rounds completed in the 60's for Jon in these three events. Ten top ten finishes, five top three's and only two missed cuts from twenty two events is a pretty good return for the Spaniard in his first full season on the PGA tour and is trying to emulate and join Tiger in being the only two players to win the FedEx Cup at the first attempt.
OLBG Tipster Competition Assistant

slimey
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby slimey » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:50 am

Player: Jordan Speith

Tournament; tournament of champions

Reason; Well this is going to be close I hope. I'm not having a penny on this tournament as the field is too small tho some bookies are paying top 6. Jordan has been knocking on the door with a few top tens of late and he won this two years ago. People say he is a battler and not the best but I disagree. I think his mind needs a challenge. He can easily lose a lead. His game plan seems to beat the guys he plays. I have that same attitude as courses and conditions vary. He likes the battle. His golf game is there to win by 5 shots but he seems to only ever win by the one shot or two.

petethebet
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby petethebet » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:47 am

Webb Simpson
Tour Championship
50/1 bet365
The most likely winners are at the top of the market but five of them have the added pressure of playing for an extra ten million dollars. With four places on offer, six with SkyBet, and only thirty players lining up there must be some Each Way value. Hopefully its the former Major winner who has been coming back to his best in recent months. Simpson has made his last twelve cuts with five finishes in the top eight and ties. Has decent course form, fourth and fifth spots in four previous appearances. Encouragingly he was ranked first in Strokes Gained Putting at the BMW Championship last week

STEVEOCN
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby STEVEOCN » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:26 am

FINAL DEADLINE -

Greetings from Portugal! Just the one senior event left to pick on this week!

Champions Tour - Pure Insurance Championship (Places 1-5)
START: FRIDAY 15:15

Good Luck!

STEVEOCN
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby STEVEOCN » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:56 pm

RESULTS -

A winner and a couple of place finishes this week, keep up the good work!

Challenge Tour - Kazakhstan Open (Places 1-5)
Denden - Nicolai Von Dellingshausen @ 25/1 - 5th

European Tour - Portugal Masters (Places 1-6)
steenie1 - Eddie Pepperell @ 28/1 - 3rd

Champions Tour - Pure Insurance Championship (Places 1-5)
whippetman - Bernhard Langer @ 6/1 - 1st