Golf - Player of the Week (Week 28 - W/B 17th July)

The rabbit
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Re: Golf - Player of the Week (Week 28 - W/B 17th July)

Postby The rabbit » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:38 pm

Player: In Kyung Kim

Tournament: Marathon Classic

Reasons For Support:

Some of the market leaders could suffer from fatigue and feel jaded after competing in the U.S Open last week and I am going with In Kyung Kim 40/1 to perform well here. She has missed the cut in her latest two LPGA events but they were both Majors and she had previously been in good form and won the ShopRite LPGA Classic in June. She is not as consistent as she used to be a few years ago but she has a lot of experience and has won a total of 5 LPGA tournaments and has won 3 times on the Ladies European Tour. This course tends to suit players who are neat and accurate from tee to green and not long hitters and she fits into this category.

attitude adjuster
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby attitude adjuster » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:16 pm

Player:Jordan Spieth

Tournament:The Open

Reasons For Support:Jordan looks like a player back to something near his best again,a winner when last seen in action and a top 5 in the open in 2015 all suggest to me he should be comfortable this week.He has also been a two time major winner and knows exactly what is needed to win a major,he is good in the wind and does need a little luck at times off the tee but he is in great form with the putter and I am confident that is a big plus for him this week.Although only available at 16/1,he has the experience and more importantly the game to go very close here.

Shelkero
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby Shelkero » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:41 am

Jason Day
British Open

The Australian World number six was ranked number one from April 2016 to February 2017, but his formed dipped and he missed a few tournaments due to his Mother's poor health. He is now back and has shown glimpses of a return to form as witnessed by a second at the AT & T Byron Nelson and a fifteenth at the Memorial.

However it his Major record which makes him a standout bet as he has the best statistics for top ten finishes since 2013 of anyone in the field. He has 10, McIllroy 9, Johnson 8, Spieth, Fowler & Matsuyama all have 6. McIllroy is horribly off form, Johnson has not played since the US Open and Fowler has had only one win in the past 15 months. Day was 4th, only one off the play off in inclement British conditions at St Andrews in 2015, so at 40-1 is the most value bet of the Tournament.

steenie1
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby steenie1 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:29 am

Player: Jon Rahm
Tournament: The Open
Reasons for support:
Wet and windy conditions at a seaside links? It didn’t faze Jon Rahm at last week’s Irish Open when he won with a total of -24 under par. It was a tournament record. That was only Rahm’s second appearance on the European Tour. His debut was the French Open where he finished T10. He mostly plays on the PGA Tour in the States and his first full season as a pro has been astounding. From 16 PGA Events, he has 7 top Ten finishes and he made the cut in 14 of them. His PGA highlights include a win (the Farmers Insurance), 2 second places and a third place. His average strokes per round on the PGA Tour is sub-70. It comes in at 69.89

dwainec
Group 3 Class
Tips

Postby dwainec » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:51 am

Player - Branden Grace

Tournament - The Open Championship

Reasons for Support -

The South African is one of the best wind players in the game of golf and his last win in Europe came at the Qatar Masters. He won the RBC Heritage in America last year and both the Qatar course and Harbour Town where the Heritage is played they are courses where the wind picks up and you have to carefully plot your way around to score well. Grace played well. Branden Grace has made the cut on each occasion he has played in the Open Championship and win a run of finishes that read 11-10-9-15 with the 15th being in Scotland last week with a final round of 68 I am backing Grace with confidence this week as I believe the next step in his worldwide rise is to win a major championship. He can follow in the footsteps of Gary Player, Louis Oosthuizen and Ernie Els by winning at The Open.

STEVEOCN
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby STEVEOCN » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:47 pm

DEADLINES -

A nice selection of picks for Royal Birkdale already in, keep them coming folks and nice to see one or two new members having their say!!

European Challenge Tour - Le Vaudreuil Golf Challenge
START: THURSDAY 06:30

PGA Tour - The 146th Open Championship (Places 1-8)
START: THURSDAY 06:35

Web.com Tour - Pinnacle Bank Championship
START: THURSDAY 12:45

LPGA Tour - Marathon LPGA Classic
START: THURSDAY 13:15

PGA Tour - Barbasol Championship (Places 1-6)
START: THURSDAY 13:20

Good Luck!

Ralfie1982
Group 1 Class
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Ralfie1982 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:33 pm

Player -Jacques Blaauw 80/1

Tournament - Pinnacle Bank (Web.com

Reasons for Support -

With my two best selections (Rahm and Fleetwood) both flagged in here already, gone looking elsewhere for value and found Jacques. The world no.394 has had a fair fall from grace with MC after MC (11 from 16 events in this season alone!)

However there are signs in recent weeks that there is a return to form coming, with two T10's in the last 3 weeks notable T5 last week at the UTAH.

Suprised to still see him around at 80/1 with half a dozen sites I am interested at those prices
Cheers

Paul (Ralfie1982)
OLBG Moderator
Twitter : Ralfie01

My blogs on F1, Golf and CPFC are right here : http://www.olbg.com/blogs/Ralfie1982

slimey
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby slimey » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:39 am

Player: Jordan Speith

Tournament: open

Reason: I was lucky to pick Zach Johnson 2 years ago. and my other picks were Louis Oost and Jordan Speith. The wind is going to be a major factor and I have narrowed my decision to 2 players. 2008 Harrington and Speith. Harrington played well last week, a poor third round but since he has claimed his clubs were tampered he's been looking good. 45 is no concern. I've however pumped for my favourite player! Speith won his last tournament and he has waited for this. He shoots the ball low. Putts and pitches amazingly. 2 years ago he had the worst weather and still nearly won.

STEVEOCN
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby STEVEOCN » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:36 am

DEADLINES -

The 146th Open Championship is now underway! Web.com Tour, LPGA Tour and the Barbasol on the PGA Tour start lunch time for anyone looking to add a selection!

Web.com Tour - Pinnacle Bank Championship
START: THURSDAY 12:45

LPGA Tour - Marathon LPGA Classic
START: THURSDAY 13:15

PGA Tour - Barbasol Championship (Places 1-6)
START: THURSDAY 13:20

Good Luck!

petethebet
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby petethebet » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:35 am

Ben Martin
Barbasol
25/1 bet365

Ben finished with a closing round of sixty five on his debut at the course twelve months ago to share twentith place. He returns in good shape having made eight consecutive cuts. The highlight was a tie for fifth spot at the Quicken Loans last month. A repeat of that effort could see Martin in the mix in a weaker event than usual on the PGA tour

STEVEOCN
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby STEVEOCN » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:53 pm

THIS WEEKS PICKS -

Below are a list of this week's selections! A nice spread of picks for The Open @ Royal Birkdale!

The 146th Open Championship (Places 1-8) -
slimey - Jordan Spieth @ 14/1
attitude adjuster - Jordan Spieth @ 16/1
laursie1 - Rickie Fowler @ 16/1
steenie1 - Jon Rahm @ 18/1
SB2704 - Sergio Garcia @ 20/1
twfaulkner - Henrik Stenson @ 25/1
Denden - Tommy Fleetwood @ 25/1
STEVEOCN - Adam Scott @ 33/1
Shelkero - Jason Day @ 40/1
themightyduck - Phil Mickelson @ 50/1
PompeyJim - Padraig Harrington @ 66/1
dwainec - Branden Grace @ 66/1
Fredgarv - Zach Johnson @ 100/1
whippetman - Brian Harman @ 125/1

Barbasol Championship (Places 1-6) -
petethebet - Ben Martin @ 25/1

LPGA Marathon Classic (Places 1-5) -
The Rabbit - In Kyung Kim @ 40/1

Pinnacle Bank Championship (Places 1-5) -
Ralfie1982 - Jacques Blaauw @ 80/1

Good Luck!

PompeyJim
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby PompeyJim » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:13 pm

Great start for Spieth, posted 5 under.

Can I change mine to 'Poults' Steve ? .. only kidding !

Good luck guys and enjoy the golf.
OLBG Tipster Competition Assistant