Match abandoned, what happens to my bet?

tyranical
2yo
Tips

Match abandoned, what happens to my bet?

Postby tyranical » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:19 am

I had a bet on varese to win last night vs. Novara.

The score was 2-1 and then match was abandoned due to a waterlogged pitch. What happens to my bet? It is still shown as open in my current bets on Betfair.

Cheers

Coolsham
Group 3 Class
Tips

Postby Coolsham » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:54 am

Hi Tyranical

Your bet will be a void. If it was say part of a five team acca and the other four teams won, the Bookie would just pay out for the four. I f it's a single you will get your money back.

There was an occasion a few years back when I had a single bet on with Paddy Power on a Blue Squire league game, I think it was Kidderminster? Anyway the game was postponed becuase the Ref was unable to see the lines due to falling snow. Kidderminster where losing 1-0 after 80 mins, I had them at Evens to win, but lucky for me cause of the Snow got my money back, but Paddy Power also payed out for the win for there opponents for some reason.

Hope this info helps?

Cheers :win:

Dobbie32
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby Dobbie32 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:35 pm

Tyranical,

some onlite bet sites have a policy that if the game is not played on the specified date, but played within 24-48 hours after kick off, then the bet will not be void. Not sure if this game will be played within that period or whether the same rule applies to Betfair.