Happy Xmas
Register

Login

Help

FAQ Search Groups Register Profile PMs New Posts Rules
The T20 Big Bash
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Post new topic    Reply to topic    OLBG Sports Betting Forum Index -> Cricket Betting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kel571
Handicapper

Cash Winnings: 5
Free Bets Won: 0

Post Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:35 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

Well well well,when stars are shining,no chance for hurricanes to hit.well done stars Cool
My pick for tomorrow strikers vs sixers.i'm going to give home game advantage to strikers @ 8/11 to win.It will be another cracking game.hoping for strikers to bat first then u can see definite win for strikers.
Show Tipping Performance View user's profile Send private message
fairfranco
Stallion

Read My Blog!

Cash Winnings: 740
Free Bets Won: 40

Post Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:32 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

any reasoning behind your pick apart from the home advantage kel?

outstanding innings from Luke Wright pretty much won Melbourne the game today with a record 44 ball century.

Good to see the English players stealing the show with Shah having another fine performance for the Hobart.

Hobart look a good team but their bowling really isn't good enough, served up some poor stuff and got punished.

With Birt and Shah firing so well they do give themselves a chance of chasing most scores. Birt's 28 run over with 3 6's in a row, 2 of which off of no balls Shocked turned the game on it's head for a time. The bowler redeemed himself by picking up birt's wicket with the last ball but that over did ensure that the RRR was below 10 for a good while after.
Betting Blog Show Tipping Performance View user's profile Send private message
Kel571
Handicapper

Post Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:06 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Franco,I think strikers have good batting line up & supposedly good ground for batting,and strikers/redbacks have played a lot of cricket there. That's why I also said hoping for them to bat first,they have a better chance to win if they get to bat first in home ground. Seems to me chasing & playing spiners is their main problem right now so playing home will ease their nerve little bit. Also records show lots of games won by them at Adelaide oval. Their first match of bigbash scoring 189/5 also gives me confidence to go with strikers. Like I said batting first is the key,& if they chase,not impossible but tough because I just got the news sixers might be playing with NZ all rounder Nathan macullum, another spiner adding to sixers plus smith & McGill tough call,but still I'm going with my instinct,good batting track,home crowd,lots of noise. It will be a good challenge for sixers. Yes
Either way,going with strikers Fingers Crossed

All of this is my personal opinion. Anything can happen in 20/20
Andy4Fingers
Triple Crown Winner

Cash Winnings: 125
Free Bets Won: 15

Post Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:21 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Birt is batting like a man possessed at the minute! And what a good time for Wright to shine now the Stars have moved him up the order. I'd almost given up on him being their top batsman but he's only 39 runs behind Quiney now.

In tomorrows match I like the look of Adelaide to hit more sixes than Sydney @ 11/10 with SkyBet and Boylesports. Though neither team have been prolific at clearing the rope (Sydney have hit 20 in 5 games, Adelaide have hit 17 in 5) its Adelaide who look the more capable with Blizzard and Harris particularly adept at hitting the big shots. Contrast that with Sydney whose highest six hitter is still Brad Haddin even though he's only played 1 game for them, and I think the odds against looks fair.
fairfranco
Stallion

Read My Blog!

Post Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:05 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

ok kel, decent analysis, that's the kind of tipping we like to see on here. good stuff.

don't forget folks, no Betfair for this game tomorrow.
FreelanceTips
Listed Class

Cash Winnings: 0

Post Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:12 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Will be interesting to see where Nathan McCullum bats in the order. He is reported in the paper today as a certain starter.

I assume that he will be taking the place of Mitchell Starc who is likely to be 12th man for the Perth Test, but will need to be on standby for Australia up until the last minute.

I think this is fine for the 6sers playing in Adelaide as they probably will benefit from the extra spinner and one less pacer. This swap should strengthen their batting a little also.

No update yet on Kane Richardsons injury. He is an important bowler for Adelaide (especially now with Botha gone) and if they need to rely on Salpietro and Muirhead again the bowling looks a bit green.

Home ground advantage is important, but the toss is even more important.

I'm taking a position late.
Kel571
Handicapper

Post Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:10 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Big disappointment for strikers,I didn't see that one coming,but luckily I got out in time Smile Well deserved win for sixers.i think if sixers can fire with the bat in coming matches,definite chance to be in final.well done sixers.

Does anyone have a say for tomorrow's match ? Thunder vs scorchers
Andy4Fingers
Triple Crown Winner

Cash Winnings: 125
Free Bets Won: 15

Post Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:37 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Sydney Thunder v Perth Scorchers

Chris Gayle top Thunder runscorer @ 7/4 (Ladbrokes)

It may seem pretty obvious at a short price but Gayle still seems value at 7/4 to be top runscorer for the Thunder in this match. He's brought his rich vein of form down under with him and managed to top score in 3 of their 5 games this tournament and with his team mates in such poor form with the bat I'd expect anything around or above 30 to give him a great chance - taking Warner's 102 in their opening match out of the equation the Thunder batsmen's 5 highest scores without Gayle's contributions are 39, 21, 19, 17 and 17!!
Suely they can't go on like this forever but I'm prepared to back the big West Indian slogger to keep his cracking form going and top score for the Thunder again.
FreelanceTips
Listed Class

Post Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:09 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

Thunder will have Trent Copeland bowling for them this game, which will boost thier bowling stocks slightly.

Expecting a more batsman friendly pitch at ANZ this time after the last 6ers game, but keep in mind that whats good for Gayle is also good for Gibbs....

All up the only way I see Thunder winning this is with another big innings from Gayle, so I've created a hedge by :-

Backing Perth to Win at 1.80 for 2 units
Backing Gayle Top Bat at 2.75 for 1.5 units

Still a good chance of collecting both bets.
fairfranco
Stallion

Read My Blog!

Post Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:46 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

Thunder showed how hopeless they are when Gayle doesn't score.

Not too sure about the Gayle wicket, Aussies basically making up there own rules. No referals in the game but after initially giving not out the umpire decided to send the decision upstairs. I don't think that there was anything in the tournament rules to say he should be able to do this for a caught behind but that's what he did!

video didn't show any majorly conclusive evidence, only thing was a noise, which as we know from plenty of failed referals in the past it doesn't always mean bat hit ball.
FreelanceTips
Listed Class

Post Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:18 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Even despite the fact Gayle was robbed of his wicket under dubious circumstances, the Top Bat bet was still in the mix until Armstrongs lower order cameo.

The hedge worked, I suppose. But only a very small profit. Could easily have been a LOT nicer.

[removed]
fairfranco
Stallion

Read My Blog!

Post Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:12 am     Post subject: Melbourne Renegades v Brisbane Heat Reply with quote

Melbourne Renegades v Brisbane Heat - at Melbourne (Docklands)

Docklands is like Planet 6 it seems.

The last game saw 16 and the one before that saw 17 and I don't see any reason for this to reduce.

Brisbane have averaged 4 per game while the Renegades have been heavy hitters also scroing over half of the 6 in the 2 games at their ground.

The Bet:

Over 10.5 @ 1.83 @(William Hill)
Reply to topic    OLBG Sports Betting Forum Index -> Cricket Betting
Page 7 of 8

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

You Are Invited To Ascot - OLBG Mares Hurdle

Lets Play Darts - Win £50

Who Do You Support?

Tell your mates about OLBG and
Earn Some £££

Man City