OLBG.com
Register

Login

Help

FAQ Search Groups Register Profile PMs New Posts Rules
The T20 Big Bash
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Post new topic    Reply to topic    OLBG Sports Betting Forum Index -> Cricket Betting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andy4Fingers
Triple Crown Winner

Cash Winnings: 125
Free Bets Won: 15

Post Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:57 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Potentially good news for fans of David Warner, it seems if the 2nd test finishes early he may be allowed to play against the Sixers. It's not as though he'll be tired from all the batting he's done recently! - Link here

If Warner does play it that match it'll make the 5/6 on offer for the Thunder to beat the Sixers a very decent price, especially considering Brad Haddin is still the Sixer's 2nd highest runscorer despite only playing 1 game for them.
Show Tipping Performance View user's profile Send private message
kiran2
2yo

Cash Winnings: 0
Free Bets Won: 0

Post Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:26 pm     Post subject: brisbane heat vs hobart hurricanes Reply with quote

i need a tip for tommorow's match.. Brisbane vs hobart.. Can any1 help me
Andy4Fingers
Triple Crown Winner

Post Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:06 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobart Hurricanes v Brisbane Heat

Under 8.5 sixes @ 5/6 (William Hill)
Dan Christian to be top Brisbane batsman @ 11/2 (Various)

Hobart have reached the top of the table primarily through their excellent bowling - all 7 members of their bowling attack have an economy rate lower than 7.1. Contrast that with their opponents, Brisbane, where only 2 of the team have an ER lower than 7.6 and you'll see how well they've done. The big question is can the pre-tournament outsiders keep it up? Against a Brisbane line up that will again miss batsmen James Hopes (who has failed a late fitness test) and Brendon McCullum I'd be inclined to say yes but with odds as low as 1.61 on the Hobart win it'd take a brave man to back them pre-match.
On the plus side for Brisbane is the return of Daniel Vettori from injury. The spinner has been excellent over the years and much will be expected of him on his return. I think this may serve to stabilise the Heat's bowling and with Vettori, Hauritz and Swan [Harris is out and Chris Swan is in apparently] taking the lion's share of the overs I think they have the capability to limit the Hurricane's batting which although it has hit 17 sixes in 4 games is largely due to the 8 sixes they hit against Adelaide, and if Travis Birt falls early (surely he can't keep his Gayle-esque performances going?!) I think they'll struggle to clear the ropes. With Brisbane still missing the firepower of McCullum and Hopes against the tournament's best bowling unit so far unders on the sixes seems the way to go.
Since the 2 aforementioned Heat batsmen are missing again I'm going to side once more with Dan Christian for top Brisbane batsman. I'm certain his quality will come through in this weak batting line up and the 11/2 is still too big for me to ignore.

I'm expecting a low scoring game dominated by bowling with a first innings score around the 130 mark (especially if Travis Birt is out early or Brisbane bat first) then a slow, close chase to finish.
kiran2
2yo

Post Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:37 pm     Post subject: brisbane heat vs hobart hurricanes Reply with quote

can anyone suggest which team to bet
fairfranco
Stallion

Read My Blog!

Cash Winnings: 655
Free Bets Won: 35

Post Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:48 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

not this time Andy!

Massive scores, masses of 6's and an amazingly close game!

At the half way stage i really thought i'd done my money on Hobart but Shah and Birt's superb partnership managed to bring them swinging back into the game!

fine entertainment with them having to take on 3 international spinners to keep up at a rate of 14 an over.

disapointed they blew it at the end as had a 500 bet on olbg which would have probably taken me top 5! Crying or Very sad

4 required with 2 balls to go and Shah on strike you'd fancy 7 times out of 10 against that bowler, he did well with the first to stop the ball and then run out Birt though and Shah didn't strike that final ball well.
Betting Blog Show Tipping Performance View user's profile Send private message
Andy4Fingers
Triple Crown Winner

Post Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:36 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

My bets aside it was a cracking game and Birt has now gone top runscorer with that innings, 26 runs ahead of Gayle on 258. And I think I may well leave Dan Christian alone for the next few games (cue 100 not out in his next game!)

Melbourne Stars v Melbourne Renegades

Renegades to win @ 4/5
Renegades to hit more sixes than Stars @ Evens
Brad Hodge top Renegades batsman @ 3/1

In the Renegades v Stars match I think the Renegades look a good bet now that Brad Hodge is back. The Big Bash's highest all time runscorer has made an immediate impact in his 2 games back after injury top scoring for his side in both games, and the momentum he brings to this makes the 3/1 on offer for him top scoring again too good to miss.
The Stars have been much worse than expected this tournament and only David Hussey has performed with any consistency with the bat, and though the bowling has shown periods of quality the batting has let them down. With this in mind they've only hit 15 sixes in their 4 games so far compared to the Renegades 26 sixes in the same timeframe, and with Hodge back the evens on the Renegades to clear the ropes more than the Stars looks a good bet.
Taking all the above into account the 4/5 on Hodge's boys to win outright also looks well worthy of backing.
Andy4Fingers
Triple Crown Winner

Post Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:40 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot to mention Adam Voges will be missing for the Stars too and though he hasn't done much this tournament he's always a danger.
Kel571
Handicapper

Cash Winnings: 5

Post Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:16 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting match tomorrow Sydney vs Sydney.i'm new to olbg,amazing site.all you guys out there,I'm picking sixer to win.lee to get gayle .i want to know what all you experienced guys think.

Last edited by Kel571 on Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Kel571
Handicapper

Post Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:55 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,all u guys can you please tell me how to make tip.can't figure it out.thankx
Kel571
Handicapper

Post Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:42 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Stars will shine tomorrow.my pick stars to win @ 11/10
Warney king of spin,his magic to take over blundstone arena.
I fancy this to be very close contest.cameron white is over due to perform;don't be surprised if he gets in form tomorrow. Win
FreelanceTips
Listed Class

Post Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:19 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't underestimate Hobart at home.

Cameron White is way out of form and probably should be dropped (if he weren't the captain). Voges is out for this game and Quiney seems to have come off the boil recently with only modest scores. Stars got out of jail last game, but may be struggling with confidence.

Hobart will be hungry after their last-up loss to the Heat and were unlucky to have scored a whopping 198 in their chase and still lose. Birt is in blistering form and Shah is not far behind him. The spin twins Doherty and Krezja will relish playing on their home track.

I'm on Hobart. This could be the end of the road for the Stars final chances....
monkey mania
Listed Class

Post Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:16 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

20/20 is a great game for a spectacle but not to bet on. one or two overs change the game in any game either way. great for traders who can read a game. in the big bash league. the no balls get me from spinners and how the game changes so much. live betting is the way to go and pick up the scraps at end or trade when a team reaches 3 and you can easily trade off that. last two games rained affected and how does the duckworth lewis work anyones guess. great game punting very hard the most easy game for you know what. players wired up and umpires making mistakes. six six six thats what i love to see.
Reply to topic    OLBG Sports Betting Forum Index -> Cricket Betting
Page 6 of 8

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Are You In Profit?

EXCLUSIVE - Win £1000 Free Bet with Matchbook

You Are Invited To Kempton Park - 24th November

Tell your mates about OLBG and
Earn Some £££

BUF Bills
1.80 Paddy Power
79% confidence